Author Topic: getting a new one tommarow  (Read 706 times)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
getting a new one tommarow
« on: October 20, 2010, 02:42:55 AM »
buddy owed me a gun from a previous trade and ordered me a 4 5/8s bisley 44 spec. He has it at his house and his wifes bringing it down tommarow. Should be a little sweatheart of a gun.
blue lives matter

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
Re: getting a new one tommarow
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 02:44:49 AM »
It is the perfect size revolver.

Cheese
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 12:32:06 PM »
Sounds great....hope you really enjoy it.  I just picked up a S & W 686.  Have always had a soft spot for the 357 and needed to scratch that itch once again.

LOng
Life is short......eternity is long.

Offline Dale53

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 07:47:06 PM »
LLoyd;
You'll LOVE the Ruger .44 Special. I sure do like mine. My cylinder throats are right at .431" but it works VERY well with my standard .44 cast bullets at .430". As you know, I shoot the MiHec H&G #503 and in the Special my most used load is the Skeeter load (7.5 grs of Unique behind the 250 gr Keith bullet).

You can hardly do better. The only thing I did to the Ruger .44 Lipsey Special was a trigger job. Everything else was right, out of the box. It's a great concept nicely executed.

Dale53

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 02:23:52 AM »
well its here. It came with a terrible trigger and a gritty action but my buddy took care of that before he delivered it. Its a real nice little gun and feels great in the hand. Ive got a bunch of loads worked up for it to try today. Cool thing is the buddy test fired it with two of his loads and sent me the targets and both groups were an inch at 25 yards so the little bugger sure has potential. I keep looking at it though and thinking about how cool it would be after a trip to dustin to be made into a 5 shot 44 mag! Oh well ive got more 44 mags already then any sane man would ever need. Maybe this one will just be left alone.
blue lives matter