Author Topic: Old Leupold scope  (Read 619 times)

Offline zacharoo

• Trade Count: (9)
  • A Real Regular
Old Leupold scope
« on: October 25, 2010, 06:12:48 PM »
Picked up a rifle model 14 remington in 30 remington. It has a m8-4x Leupold scope on it. Checked with leupold and said it was made in 1970. The adjustments are 1 click for 1 inch at 100 yards. Any body ever sent a scope back to leupold to change the adjustments from 1 inch at 100 to 1/4 inch at 100 yards? What did they charge and how long it took. Leupold said maybe but couldn't or wouldn't say a price? Would like to know if it is worth it. Rifle has sentimental value and would like to keep scope but make it more modern without changing look. HELP!!

Zacharoo

Offline Drilling Man

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Old Leupold scope
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 04:31:08 AM »
  Why not just sight it in the way it is, and leave it alone?

DM

Offline zacharoo

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 05:19:53 AM »
OK!!    I will try. Thatisbwhat I thought ofnfirst but I has a little dought. Thanks.

Zacharoo

Offline Catfish

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 10:21:25 AM »
There ain`t no clicks on that scope, there are just marks on the ring, it`s friction. It will stop any where and just not on the marks so you can get an exact zero. I`ve got one that I bought in the late 60`s that went through a car wreck and looks like it was tuned up with a chizel and it still works like it did when it was new.

Offline zacharoo

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 12:59:44 PM »
Thanks man that helps. Will give it a go . Have confidence in Leupold scope so far .
Zacharoo

Offline Flemc1

• Trade Count: (50)
  • Avid Poster
  • Gods Country North Idaho
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2010, 06:29:18 AM »
+1 What catfish said no clicks on the turrets .

Also if you arent used to friction turrets they can be quite frustrating ,  a little bit at a time when it comes to adjusting them , I have an old M8X3X20 , 1964 Mdl . Im the second owner , Sent it to Leupold about 10 years ago for a check-up and it came back like new again . There good old scopes .

Chris
U.S.Navy EN1  (ret)  Snipe.
Caught in the mix of kill or be killed ," Greater love have no man ".
Than to lay down his life for a Friend "