Author Topic: Deer Hunting at USA Military Bases  (Read 605 times)

Offline T.R.

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
Deer Hunting at USA Military Bases
« on: October 26, 2010, 04:17:55 PM »
Currently, there are many opportunities for deer hunting at USA Military Bases.  The hunts tend to be heavily regulated with many paperwork hoops to jump through, but the patient and determined hunter will be rewarded with amazing hunting grounds.  Some bases have more restrictions for civilians than for active duty and retired veterans.

Each Base is like a small state in terms of bureaucracy.  Typically the best place to start the search is phoning the MWR Facility.  (Morale Welfare Recreation). Other bases have an Outdoor Recreation Office.

Good hunting to you.

TR

Offline Dinny

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (268)
  • "Medics Save"
Re: Deer Hunting at USA Military Bases
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 10:01:51 AM »
Currently, there are many opportunities for deer hunting at USA Military Bases.  The hunts tend to be heavily regulated with many paperwork hoops to jump through, but the patient and determined hunter will be rewarded with amazing hunting grounds.  Some bases have more restrictions for civilians than for active duty and retired veterans.
Each Base is like a small state in terms of bureaucracy.  Typically the best place to start the search is phoning the MWR Facility.  (Morale Welfare Recreation). Other bases have an Outdoor Recreation Office.
Good hunting to you.
TR

That's how I determine whether I want to be stationed somewhere. ;D Check out this link. It contains pics of a few deer on-base in the Midwest.

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,219861.msg1099198663.html#msg1099198663

I will be hunting there more when the rut kicks in!!

Thanks, Dinny
Handi Family: 357 Max, 45 LC, 45-70, 300 BLK, 50 cal Huntsman, and 348 Win.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day that my child may have peace"
Thomas Paine