Author Topic: Bullets  (Read 740 times)

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
Bullets
« on: November 05, 2010, 03:18:57 AM »
OK every one has there thunder stick of choice dressed out in all the tac. stuff they want . What do ya feed it ? I see tons of FMJ ammo on sale at shows and stores. The military is bound by law to use it. Police use other ammo that well kills better.
 So whats best ? Whats in your  mag. ?
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
Re: Bullets
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 03:30:56 AM »
I keep some of the 55gr FMJ stuff on hand just to have and because it's cheap.  When I get serious about any of my shooting I'm usually using a 69gr for 223 or 168gr for 308's in sierra matchking.  I know they say their not for hunting, but first and foremost to me is accuracy.  It's what I shoot the most and practice with when I can.

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 04:02:13 AM »
My AR is loaded with Nosler 130 Grain Ballistic Tips.

Cheese
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 05:12:00 AM »
Also thinking BT's

Offline jmayton

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 11:16:58 AM »
My AR runs 55gr Sierra GameKings.  Pretty freakin' lethal if you check some of my other posts.

Offline Old Syko

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 12:15:51 PM »
I go through fmj by the thousand for close quarters practice and just plinking.  Anything over 100yds. I prefer the Sierra match and don't let anyone tell you they won't perform as a hunting bullet.  I prefer them over most any of the plastic tipped pills.

Offline 454Puma

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 08:05:13 PM »
If your needin to kill two legged vermin any 55 gr SP will do very nicely!  If you want to be able to shoot through barriers to get to the vermin  69 gr SEI HPBT's will do or Barnes 55 gr HP! ;D My SD round is the old Rem 55gr CorLok!   I know if needed they will go through auto doors and glass real nice!  If I got the time I'd stagger them SP/FMJ ! ;D
One shot , One Kill

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2010, 02:08:22 AM »
my self defense ar is allways loaded with 60 grain nos partitions.
blue lives matter

Offline 454Puma

• A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 05:06:19 PM »
Lloyd Smale
  Yea if I want to go expensive I could use what Horn TAP uses 60 Vmax just load them myself a save $10 a box! ;D
One shot , One Kill

Offline Bigeasy

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2010, 08:34:29 PM »
For practice, I use FMJ (Ball) ammo in all my .223 and .308's.  Unless you are hunting, or sitting down for some serious target work, why spend more $.  For more serious uses, it depends what I'm expecting to shoot at.  I like the Nosler PT in the .223 for self defense, and what ever frangible varmint bullet shoots well in that particular gun for varmints.  In the .308, again, I like Nosler PT's, although my M1a shoots 150 grain Ballistic Tips very accurately.  In my AK, I just use cheap Russian FMJ, as it is not really a hunting gun, and will never be a target rifle.

Larry
Personal opinion is a good thing, and everyone is entitled to one.  The hard part is separating informed opinion from someone who is just blowing hot air....

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 06:47:02 AM »
Well the Hornady poly tip bullet shoots best of the three (remington , Corbon and Hornady ) factory loads I tried in the 6.8 spc.