Author Topic: I'm going to have a IPA  (Read 956 times)

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
I'm going to have a IPA
« on: November 07, 2010, 05:44:44 PM »
The calendar is done.  In the past there have been some problems with putting on the contest and collecting the pictures.  This year the whole thing went slick as snot!  Thanks guys and congratulations!!!

Then this afternoon I started putting it all together.  Started by uploading pictures to the vendors website, well the I tried. The vendor has change format  this year.  Then  because the pictures are so big my DSL firewall kept timing out. Then when I got the pictures up loaded and started building the calendar I find the vendor has changed how how calendar pictures are fit on the page, so its back to my software to reformat the pictures, then delete the first upload, one picture at a time.  Did I mention my DSL firewall was timing out.   Once I got the pictures up loaded I built the calendar and then saved it.  But where?  I had to search around and find it...but that wasn't hard, how to move it now that was a challenge. 

Got it moved to the GBO Cannon section of the GBO E-Store and ready for you guys.  4 1/5 hours and I deserved a break so I went upstairs and got a bowl of ice cream.  While scrafing down the ice cream I opened the E-store to look at the calendar!!!  You know that structure that they put in the river to block the water---I was reminded of it...this is a family board remember.  There is a mistake!!!!!  I am not going to fix it...

The calender is ready ...http://www.cafepress.com/gbollc.484801095

I will put up a proper promotional post in a day or two but right now, I'm going to have a IPA

Offline Artilleryman

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: I'm going to have a IPA
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 04:30:25 AM »
Nice job!
Norm Gibson, 1st SC Vol., ACWSA

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pulaski Coehorn Works
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 04:35:13 AM »
Aaahhhhhhhhhh, Miss June!!

;D
Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)

Offline 1Southpaw

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
  • Let Freedom ring
Some one has to ask ....
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 10:01:40 AM »
What's an "IPA" ?
Left Handed people are in their right mind .

Offline Double D

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 10:13:36 AM »
India Pale Ale only to be drank while wearing your birthday party hat!!!

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Pulaski Coehorn Works
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 10:54:56 AM »
IPA is great to contrast EVERYTHING else.

I like it WARM.

Cat Whisperer
U.S.Army Retired

Offline Double D

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 11:16:33 AM »
IPA is great to contrast EVERYTHING else.

I like it WARM.

IPA was intended to be packed in barrels shipped to India  for the troops...before refrigeration.

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 12:13:34 PM »
He was a wise man who invented beer. ~ Plato

That's right, even a rare bird like Plato knew that brewing and imbibing beer, could result in an almost mystical experience. ;D 

RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Pulaski Coehorn Works
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 02:48:54 PM »
Beer is evidence that God loves us  ~  Ben Franklin.

;D

The Brits drink warm beer because of Lucas refigerators.

Cat Whisperer
U.S.Army Retired

Offline seacoastartillery

• GBO Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • seacoastartillery.com
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 03:09:00 PM »
     Thank you Double D for a very fine job you did on this calendar!!  After two years of getting skunked, we finally made it.  Thanks, Pulaski Tim!  We appreciate your kind comment.  We have been researching the flavors of various IPAs lately.  AND, just as we are closing in on a really good one, two or three more pop up and we have to devote time and tastebuds to them.  An inspector's work is never done!   :) :)

Mike and Tracy
Smokin' my pipe on the mountings, sniffin' the mornin'-cool,
I walks in my old brown gaiters along o' my old brown mule,
With seventy gunners be'ind me, an' never a beggar forgets
It's only the pick of the Army that handles the dear little pets - 'Tss! 'Tss!

From the poem  Screw-Guns  by Rudyard Kipling

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Pulaski Coehorn Works
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 03:12:11 PM »
I have a couple of favorites - one is the "Single wide" brand - a picture of a small single wide trailer on the label.   :D
Cat Whisperer
U.S.Army Retired

Offline Double D

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 02:37:14 AM »
    Thank you Double D for a very fine job you did on this calendar!!  After two years of getting skunked, we finally made it.  Thanks, Pulaski Tim!  We appreciate your kind comment.  We have been researching the flavors of various IPAs lately.  AND, just as we are closing in on a really good one, two or three more pop up and we have to devote time and tastebuds to them.  An inspector's work is never done!   :) :)

Mike and Tracy

Well, I have never understood that because your pictures have been some of the best posted.  But I knew you were disappointed and like any election a  couple of cartons of free cigarette and some homeless guys and you can get any result you want.   You owe me....

Offline Rotunda

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2010, 02:48:49 AM »
Talking of  bears.

Can you get Bishops Finger, Hobgoblin or Spitfire bears on your side of the pond.

Offline Double D

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2010, 03:02:16 AM »
I have had some  English IPA and it is very different from American IPA.  It is good and different, but not better, just equal..  My Current favorite is Inversion IPA.  When we held the cannon shoot last year I had it available for the folks to wash the gritty taste of powder smoke out of their mouths.

Last summer Southpaw and I went to a Victorian Rifleman shoot up in Canada and we picked up a case of fine Canadian Morgan IPA and there is a beer with a truly equestrian ancestry.  The only thing going for it was what Canadians claim as better beer; a higher alcohol content. There may be something to that because after the second one you didn't care what the third one tasted like.

Maybe we should have an IPA tasting at the next  CBCC.

Offline seacoastartillery

• GBO Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • seacoastartillery.com
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2010, 08:36:47 AM »
     Thank you Double D for a very fine job you did on this calendar!!  After two years of getting skunked, we finally made it.  Thanks, Pulaski Tim!  We appreciate your kind comment.  We have been researching the flavors of various IPAs lately.  AND, just as we are closing in on a really good one, two or three more pop up and we have to devote time and tastebuds to them.  An inspector's work is never done!   :) :)

Mike and Tracy

Well, I have never understood that because your pictures have been some of the best posted.  But I knew you were disappointed and like any election a  couple of cartons of free cigarette and some homeless guys and you can get any result you want.   You owe me....

And here mike and I thought our inclusion on this year's calendar, after 2 years of skunking, was due to our stellar photography and persistence illustrated by the fact that we went out to Mike's back fence at sunset for 5 or 6 days in a row to capture the perfect sunset and the Krupp perched on top of his 8 foot step ladder.  The camera was lashed to a 6 X 6 timber tripod which was Unshakable to be sure.  All those endless experiments with flash on and flash off, focus, etc., etc.  How very disappointing.  And here we thought that we won a slot fair and square.  But, way, way beyond these these hurtful feelings of inadequacy was the Shock at learning your true nature.  By admitting to using these devious methods to sway a true and fair election of GBO BPM&C Calendar Photos, you have provided us with final and immutable evidence that you are, in reality, that most loathsome of all creatures, a democrat.  I'm not sure we can be friends any longer.    ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D   
Smokin' my pipe on the mountings, sniffin' the mornin'-cool,
I walks in my old brown gaiters along o' my old brown mule,
With seventy gunners be'ind me, an' never a beggar forgets
It's only the pick of the Army that handles the dear little pets - 'Tss! 'Tss!

From the poem  Screw-Guns  by Rudyard Kipling

Offline Double D

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2010, 09:00:47 AM »
     Thank you Double D for a very fine job you did on this calendar!!  After two years of getting skunked, we finally made it.  Thanks, Pulaski Tim!  We appreciate your kind comment.  We have been researching the flavors of various IPAs lately.  AND, just as we are closing in on a really good one, two or three more pop up and we have to devote time and tastebuds to them.  An inspector's work is never done!   :) :)

Mike and Tracy

And here mike and I thought our inclusion on this year's calendar, after 2 years of skunking, was due to our stellar photography and persistence illustrated by the fact that we went out to Mike's back fence at sunset for 5 or 6 days in a row to capture the perfect sunset and the Krupp perched on top of his 8 foot step ladder.  The camera was lashed to a 6 X 6 timber tripod which was Unshakable to be sure.  All those endless experiments with flash on and flash off, focus, etc., etc.  How very disappointing.  And here we thought that we won a slot fair and square. 

Yeah, yeah, all that, but the camels put you over the hump.