Author Topic: Big boss or Big boss 2  (Read 393 times)

Offline hornady

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
Big boss or Big boss 2
« on: November 09, 2010, 04:27:15 AM »
I am going to order one or the other, it would be nice to have a little more room to work with the larger rifle rounds.
But do you think the Boss 2 is worth the extra $20.00, from what I have read, the only difference is the spent primer recovery. Both are on the same heavy  frame with the 4 1/2 inch opening and 1 inch ram. Is there another reason to spend the extra $20.00?

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
Re: Big boss or Big boss 2
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 03:37:50 PM »
I just happen to have one of each bolted to my bench right now , the BB2 does have a slightly beefer frame than the standard BB , I also like the bushing that the #2 has , it will except the 1"-14 dies .

Other than that , their both great presses , but for the extra $20 get the #2 , the primer catcher is worth it compaired the little cup that comes with the standard BB .  ;)

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline hornady

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
Re: Big boss or Big boss 2
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 01:58:49 AM »
Thanks
I went out to Redding’s sight, and was reading about both, on the sight, it sounded like the primer recovery was the only difference. At mid-south its only $17.00 more for the 2. I did a lot of comparisons on line, and Mid-south seems to have the best price.
Sinclair was a little cheaper but on back order.