Author Topic: My phone call from Redding  (Read 556 times)

Offline hornady

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
My phone call from Redding
« on: November 11, 2010, 02:28:49 AM »
I am going to replace my old Pacific Single stage press. Well I Decided on the Redding Big Boss or Big Boss 2. I posted a question on here as well as another form, the response were help full.
 But I also sent an E-mail too Redding, Last night the phone rang and it was a Rep from Redding. First thing out of his mouth, He states who he is and apologizes, if his call is at an inconvenient time, he then spends the next 10 minutes on the phone and answers every question I have and informs me of features I had not thought of.
We even talked reloading for a while, very nice guy.
This was my second dealing with Redding customer service, a few months back I needed a part for a Saeco mold, called and once again very professional guy on the other end, and the part was mailed out free of charge the nest day.
From the name I use on here you can tell I am not a Redding exclusive user. But the Redding items I have, I may have paid more for them, but the quality and customer service from Redding more than makes up for the extra cost,

Offline skarke

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
Re: My phone call from Redding
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 02:31:30 AM »
IMHO, Redding products are absolutely fabulous.  I use exclusively Redding seating dies in accuracy guns.  It is a company where you really get what you pay for.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free.  Ronaldus Maximus

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 02:49:43 AM »
I still use a pafic press from the 70's , with redding dies most of the time . Also a lyman from 50's or 60's GRAY . Redding has always been good to deal with as has RCBS .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline mauser98us

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (40)
  • 10 mm junkie and Whelan wacko
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 02:51:46 AM »
Their stuff is expensive,but I bought a die set for a 220 Swift,which did not push the shoulder back far enough. They said send it back along with a fired case. In short order they sent me back a die,a SAAMI data sheet and a box of .223 caliber bullets. This was over 20 years ago. I imagine things have not changed. Good outfit

Offline hornady

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 03:15:24 AM »
The thing that impressed me the most, over the years I have sent e-mails to Hornady, RCBS, and Lyman. Some times you would get a reply back in a couple days. But every time I have called or e-mailed Redding, they have gone out of there way to make it a positive out come. And how many company’s will  take the time to call you personally the same day you e-mailed them.

Offline mbopp

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 05:23:36 AM »
I have a 30-year old BR3 powder measure. I had drilled out the drop tube for loading 30 cal & up cases. Don't you know I pick up a 218 Bee barrel for the Contender.
Two emails, and Redding sends me a replacement drop tube gratis.

I've had excellent service from RCBS also, they've sent freebie replacement parts that I was more than willing to pay for.
"The Constitution is not an instrument for government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government, lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." -- Patrick Henry, American Patriot