Author Topic: Bersa thunder 380  (Read 4132 times)

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
Re: Bersa thunder 380
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2011, 08:39:00 AM »
After 500 rounds of various factory ammo, not one single jam, stove pipe or any other malfunction. Very accurate for a little gun. So far very impressed for $280. Have not heard the same for the PPK.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline ejpaul1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2011, 07:57:33 PM »
I love this gun, but after feeling and really playing with one, I decided that it was a bit to heavy and big for me when compared with the ruger LCP and the Keltec. So, I bought the ruger. The thing I dont like about the ruger is that it stings like hell when you fire it, not enough to hold on to. Wish I could afford to have the bersa as well, I'd love to have one. EJ

Offline oldhunter

• Avid Poster
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2011, 12:38:14 AM »
I used to own a Bersa .380 and always considered it a quality pistol.  Would shoot all ammo except Federal Hydra Shok JHP.  Something about the shape of this cartridge that caused rounds to stick in magazine.  A little on the large size for concealed carry in warm weather but do highly recommend Bersa.  Would buy another without hesitation.

oldhunter

Offline Delbert

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2011, 05:51:33 AM »
I own a "Deluxe" model Bersa 380 which holds 9 rounds instead of the normal 7 or 8 that the regular 380 comes in. I bought it for my Wife and it's been a VERY GOOD little pistol for coming out of S. America. Of course that's where the Taurus comes from also and look at the following of satisified owners it has. Now I will say, I have had it jam a couple times when Wife was shooting it. That was because of the way she was holding it---NOT LOCKED WRISTS, so when the gun recoiled it also bent her wrists and didn't have the momentium to re-chamber the next round properly. They call this "LIMP WRIST" if you have never heard it before. I have larger hands, so I have a harder time making it feel comfortable for me, but when I do shoot it, it gives good accuracy and is jam free. As to not being as good as a Glock, Sig or S&W that's hogwash. Only 2 things going for them, is better aftermarket accessories, and also having Dealer's   showing/bragging/giving deals and buy backs with upgraded models to Police Departments, just to have their guns out there. It's also very possible that whichever model Glock/Sig/S&W you may have doesn't jam, but that isn't the case with all their models. How much it cost, or it's name, doesn't matter when you have a well built gun and it will save your life. I also own a low priced Hi-Point 40S&W, that I'm not afraid to put my life on the line with, as it's never jammed and I used it to take my CCW test with and passed. I carry it with me everywhere I go on my farm--even while mowing the grass. Too large for conceal/carry though.
Del
Del

Offline Bubber

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2011, 01:34:21 PM »
I own a bersa 380, it is not the thunder but a previous modle, an 85 I belive. I bought it off of a friend who needed money, i didn't want or need the gun at the time but was just trying to help a friend out. It is all steel and very heavy for its size. It isn't a very pretty gun either. However I have well over 500 rounds through it, most of them the cheapest stuff I could find and now mostly my own reloads, it has never jammed once. When I bought it, I had less than high expectations for it. The thing had been bouncing around under the seat of his pickup for several years and was filthy. I won't go into great detail on how bad it was but after completly disassembling it and cleaning it, a bunch of cold blue, and a new front sight, it has been nothing but relaible. The accuracy is fair but I am not the best pistol shot and at SD ranges it is more than adequate. I am happy enough with it I have actually been looking into buying a Thunder. So take that as a vote for the name.

Offline Coonhound

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2011, 07:08:16 PM »
My concealed carry gun is a Bersa Thunder .380.  I've had it for about 12 years and it has performed flawlessly.  Bought it for $210 in 1999.  Its bigger and heavier than the Ruger LCP and it is not what I would call a pocket gun but I carry it because I can shoot it.  Its accurate and reliable and there is some very effective .380 self defense ammo available today.
I have every confidence in this pistol because it has proven itself.  I like it so much that I recently bought the same pistol in .22LR.  When choosing a self defense gun, choose on that you can hit your target with.  The Bersa shoots like a dream.