Author Topic: Pics from your blind or stand.  (Read 3836 times)

Offline Fred McIntire

• Trade Count: (31)
  • A Real Regular
    • http://www.FredMcIntire.Com
Re: Pics from your blind or stand.
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2010, 03:55:49 PM »
I don't have a picture to post right now but seeing DeerNHog's post of his Dad brought back one of my favorite memories of hunting with my Dad.

We were deer hunting in Rockville, Indiana one afternoon and it had been snowing for quite some time. I don't recall seeing a deer that afternoon; however, I walked over to where Dad was hunting to let him know I was heading back to the truck. I walked up to find Dad sitting with his back against a tree. He had been sitting there so still all afternoon that he had at least a 1/2" of snow piled up on the bill of his hat !

He could sit for hours ! It didn't matter how cold it was. Sub zero temps. Rain. Snow. He'd outlast anybody. His trademark was a 5 gallon bucket that he'd carry into the woods to sit on. Everyone knew Dad by his bucket.  :)

He will be gone 10 years this coming March, 2011. I miss him so very much.

Fred

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2010, 02:23:08 AM »
I like the look of palm but I can see where the DRT shot is important on a hog in that kind of cover....Wow FL has some cover.

Cover?  Cover you say?  A DRT shot is important on ANY deer that is hunted there also.  

Here is the view from 65 feet above my hunting property (making this my 2,000th post on GBO):

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2010, 03:23:23 PM »
I took this pic in mid November this past season
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2010, 09:57:19 PM »
What's that white stuff on the ground?   ;D ;D ;D

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2011, 05:54:03 AM »
What's that white stuff on the ground?   ;D ;D ;D

We actually hope for that stuff during hunting season, makes tracking deer and dragging out a dead one so much easier :)
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2011, 12:59:31 PM »
Just the other day here is a couple more from mine...

Then driving out of the woods almost out to the road...

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline uno676

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2011, 06:05:41 AM »
Treestand in Northeastern Colorado in early October. My first time hunting from a stand.
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson