Author Topic: japan simmons 2x7x WA  (Read 1162 times)

Offline b44mag

• Trade Count: (17)
  • A Real Regular
japan simmons 2x7x WA
« on: November 19, 2010, 05:20:41 PM »
hey guys i just picked up a simmons 2x7xWA model #1040 with d=32 under the japan on the side of the scope .
all the letters are in red with the red ring on end .does anybody know if this is a decent scope. im asking before i waste my time mounting and sighting it in. seem to be nice crisp and clear  all the way to 7x . the power ring is smooth and tight. power adjusts well . now i understand that its a simmons but is it a good one . let me know the good bad and ugly on this scope ifin you know .
            thanks b44mag

Offline hunt-m-up

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (27)
Re: japan simmons 2x7x WA
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 12:44:59 AM »
Let me know if you'd rather get rid of it than mount it. I would put it on and shoot it. The Japan-made Simmons are a world apart, so to speak, from the China crap.
Crosman Slingshot, Daisy Red Ryder, dull butter knife

Offline b44mag

• Trade Count: (17)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 04:41:01 AM »
huntumup i think ill keep it for now  :D
i thought it would be better than the junk simmons i have had before but was not sure . i did not know simmons were made in japan. i just now found out it has a focus on the eye piece nice . i picked it up late last night drove about 60 miles round trip. i wanted a smaller scope for on my 39a. i have a bushnell 3x9x40 banner on it now but it just dont feel right on that gun. i think this 2x7xWA will work perfect for my lever gun.

anybody got any idea what its worth or how old it is
im not selling it but would like to know if i got a good deal
                     thanks b44mag

Offline emsemt911

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 05:12:16 PM »
run away as fast as possible from the current run Simmons.
I do not know where my simmons was made, but it is a piece of junk.  I could not even get them to look at it under warranty.  I have now given it to my 4 year old to run around the house. 

Problems I had, a .22 lr broke the retcile, unable to adjust the power without a pair of pliars.