Author Topic: Pardner youth choke question?  (Read 412 times)

Offline kaveman

• Trade Count: (7)
Pardner youth choke question?
« on: November 21, 2010, 10:11:41 AM »
Was at the gun shop today looking at a 20 gauge pardner youth gun, the gun had a 13.5 inch length of pull to factory plastic buttplate, it had a 22 inch barrel marked modified with factory bead, the gun mgr tried his choke gauge on the barrel and it read full? I think these were the guns built for walmart as there youth gun but the choke confusion has me puzzled, anybody else mic there barrel to tell if it is in fact a mofified? Any insight would be appreciated thanks
                                                                            Kaveman

Offline tony212

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
Re: Pardner youth choke question?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 11:42:17 AM »
I bought one for my wife about 10 years ago.  It is marked MOD, but I always thought it shot a very tight pattern and was closer to full.  I never actually miced it though.
Tony212

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
Re: Pardner youth choke question?
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 11:21:47 AM »
Of course you know that it doesnt really matter what it is marked as, but what it really patterns, and that is subject to what you shoot in it too. If you like it and think you want it just do it, then find a load that patterns like you want.
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974