Author Topic: bar-sto barrels  (Read 1604 times)

Offline 1marty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
bar-sto barrels
« on: December 08, 2010, 02:25:28 PM »
I have a 9MM Browning hi power. I'm getting fairly good groups with them. I heard the Bar-Sto Barrels (goes for $200) will significantly improve accuracy. Has anyone had any experience with them. Are the results worth it vs. the cost.

Offline williamlayton

Re: bar-sto barrels
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 12:09:56 PM »
Marty
Bar-sto are good barrels.
IMO--just dropping them in does not improve the accuracy unless you continue thru and do some other work on the gun also.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 12:56:04 AM »
Marty:  I have owned Bar-Sto barrels in 45 acp, 38 Super, 9mm and a custom 40 cal and they all gave a noticeable improvement just dropping them in.  The 40 caliber barrel is/was so accurate that the 1911 it sat in became my 200 yd metallic silhouette gun.  The 9mm barrel I owned I purchased from Bar-Sto for a Browing High Power and it improved my groups so much I thought I was shootin' bullseye.  I think they used the normal 1:10 twist but the bore was nicely polished or lapped and she shot like a target gun - the additional effort they put into the bore and chamber when they cut these barrels really helps accuracy and improves groups with cast slugs.  Bar-Sto started out making 45 acp match barrels for the Marine Corp's competition shooters, still do, and expanded from there.  I still have 3 of his barrels. 

BTW:  I believe you can order the Bar-Sto barrels with your choice of bore diameter of either 9mm (.355) or 38 (.357) depending on the type of shooting you want to do and the size of the bullets you wish to use. 

Offline Glock Doctor

• Glock Magic!
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 03:34:16 AM »
I have them on most of my semi-autos.  Yes, there is an accuracy improvement.  If you port the muzzle you'll also have an improvement in rapid-fire handling, too. 

I don't just drop them in, though.  I purchase the, 'semi drop-in' barrels and do the final fitting, very carefully, myself.  I'm saving up, right now, to get a new 9mm Bar-Sto barrel for my Glock Model 19. 
‘Life Is Karma.  It Reflects Both Past And Present Circumstance.  Our Time Here Is Short; So Choose Carefully And Behave Well; For, All Of Your Tomorrows Are Presently Being Decided.’