Author Topic: Pros and Cons on dual carry  (Read 865 times)

Offline carryon

• Trade Count: (0)
Pros and Cons on dual carry
« on: December 09, 2010, 08:26:49 AM »
For a daily carry option, what do you think of carrying a pair of .380 autos?  Here's my thought, if I go with a pair of LCP's (or Kel-Tecs) I would be carrying 14 rounds and surely both wouldn't malfunction on the same date and time.  As a plus there would be commonality of ammo, magazines, holsters, parts, etc.

I guess it would work for a pair of j frames also but that would be the biggest size weapon I would look at for daily carry.
There is nothing that evil men fear so much as a good man who knows what is right and is willing to fight and die to see it done.

Offline drdougrx

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (10)
Re: Pros and Cons on dual carry
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 08:29:16 AM »
I don't see much of a problem....why not?
If you like, please enjoy some of my hunt pics at:

http://public.fotki.com/DrDougRx

If you leave a comment, please leave your GB screen name so that I can reply back!

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 11:20:00 AM »
I agree with drdougrx (Hey Doug!!), why not; but, are you a two handed shooter??

Offline Spirithawk

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 02:02:44 PM »
Dual carry is a very good idea. I carry a Kel Tec PF-9 with a P-32 as back up. Thinking about getting another 9.

Offline 1sourdough

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 11:44:46 PM »
 Nothing wrong with it but why? I can see if your a cop or some other type of LEO. The AVERAGE private citizen is in most cases a 'low probability' category when it comes to the odds of an encounter. Now I've lived in Forest Park, GA & a place or 2 in FL where the odds of running into a bad guy are a lot more than where I'm at now. I just think you have to keep your S.A finely tuned. My vote would be to step up the CC gun a few notches from the Kel-Tec 380 & end up with a single, more capable gun. The extra space not used for the 2nd gun could be used for a reload, a knife, or a light. JMHO 
NRA, Veteran

Offline Spirithawk

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 06:57:26 AM »
Nothing wrong with it but why? I can see if your a cop or some other type of LEO. The AVERAGE private citizen is in most cases a 'low probability' category when it comes to the odds of an encounter. Now I've lived in Forest Park, GA & a place or 2 in FL where the odds of running into a bad guy are a lot more than where I'm at now. I just think you have to keep your S.A finely tuned. My vote would be to step up the CC gun a few notches from the Kel-Tec 380 & end up with a single, more capable gun. The extra space not used for the 2nd gun could be used for a reload, a knife, or a light. JMHO 

Anything man made can fail, no matter the price tag. Plus, it's much quicker to grab another gun than to reload. Nooooo, you may never have to but you ever heard, " Better to have and not need than to need and not have?" I've been robbed at gun point, knife point and walked in on a burgler, all before my CCW, so much for odds of an encounter. Besides, it only takes ONE to ruin your day and just maybe the rest of your life.

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 07:38:08 AM »
The only real cons I can see is carrying the extra weight and finding comfortable places to conceal not just one but two guns on your person. It may also somewhat increase the odds of being outed depending on how/where you conceal the additional gun.

If I were a LEO, bounty hunter, armed security guard, body guard or something of the like were the odds of me being a target, especially by multiple assailants is significantly higher I would dual carry for sure.  But for my personal circumstances I'm comfortable having just one quality weapon on me at a time.   
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC