Author Topic: powerbelt bullets  (Read 1706 times)

Offline billd

• Trade Count: (0)
powerbelt bullets
« on: December 11, 2010, 04:36:08 AM »
Took the wife to cabelas just to look around. Thanks to her i end up bringing home new accura v2.  Bought some shockwave 250gr sabots also. Inside the box was an ad for powerbelt bullets. Has anyone used these, do they really make a diffrence as far as being able to shoot more rounds before cleaning? Its my first muzzeloder and trying to figure out what kinds of powders,bullets, and other acessories i need and dont need. I. bought this gun for deer hunting. Do i need to try diffrent powders and bullets to see what works best?  thanks  billd

Offline midwayraider

• Trade Count: (39)
  • Contributor
  • 8-pointer on 11-04-09
Re: powerbelt bullets
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 11:20:53 AM »
i have a knight bighorn 50cal. i shoot 90 grains of loose pyrodex and a 295 grain power-belt with very good results. tried the pyrodex pellets and they didn't work so well (groups opened up with the pellets) the power-belts work very well for me ,accurate and easy to load . shot alot of deer with them and none walked away . you may get alot of mixed reviews of the power-belts, but my opinion they are devastating on deer with great expansion and energy transfer , knocks'em off their feet  ;)   
kelly

Offline Buckhammer74

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 12:52:41 PM »
Dont like Powrbelts myself.

If I were you I would stick with the shockwaves and get some blackhorn 209 powder.

Offline Vic49

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (30)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 01:34:47 AM »
X2
And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Thomas Jefferson
Handi rifles
Knight, T/C and CVA Muzzleloaders
Bowtech and Diamond bows

Offline mspaci

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 04:05:56 AM »
Those bullets all work but they are really expensive. I went with a No Excuses 460 grain conical out of a disc elite & they are an all around better bullet for about 1/3 the cost.  Mike

Offline Mad Dog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 11:32:01 AM »
Well, I like powerbelts myself.  The secret is to not drive them too fast, because they are soft lead.  I use the 295 gr. powerbelt eurotip, and 80 gr. of loose T7 3fg.  Here are pics of the 3 I've taken, with my CVA wolf, the last 2 yrs., and a pic of my son with his wolf, with the same setup, for his 1st ML kill, this yr.

Mad Dog
Mad Dog

Offline Buckskins & Black Powder

• Trade Count: (16)
    • Buckskins & Black Powder
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 02:14:02 PM »
Powerbelt shooters will be happy when they see the NEW Powerbelt Aerolite this January.

Offline mspaci

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 03:09:17 AM »
I killed a bunch of deer with them, just thought they were expensive at over $1.00 a shot. The lighter ones in 245gr blew up on deer a few times but the 348 & 405 were excellent. Mike

Offline midwayraider

• Trade Count: (39)
  • Contributor
  • 8-pointer on 11-04-09
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2010, 04:04:17 PM »
i like the looks of that new power-belt aerolite ;)
kelly