Author Topic: Alabama 9 pt  (Read 791 times)

Offline reyn 61

• Trade Count: (0)
Alabama 9 pt
« on: December 18, 2010, 03:15:30 PM »
Usually a bowhunter. Took the rifle yesterday and shot this buck grunting a doe at around 630am. 30yd shot. Double lung 30-06 165gr Core-lokt. Deer ran little over 100yds and the only blood i found was 2 specks at impact. Absolutely no blood trail. Don't know why. Thought maybe the shot was bad. I walked up on him just goingh direction he ran. First gun kill in 2 years and despite liking the bow i was suprised how much i missed the rifle.

Offline BRL

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
    • Premium Nutrition
Re: Alabama 9 pt
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 04:08:52 PM »
Nice! I was planning to hunt with Master Rack Lodge in AL this season but had to put it off because of my schedule. I am supposed to contact him early Jan. if I am able to get away to see if he has an opening. After seeing your deer, I hope I can. Otherwise it's going to be a day hog hunt in S. FL...better than nothing.

Congrats!!
B. Leeber
Nutritional Biochemist

Offline DANNY-L

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (63)
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 01:33:09 AM »
I've had bullets zip through like that also and never figured out why,then the next bullet (same load) would be very impressive. Maybe because the bullet slipped between the rib bones causeing the bullet not to expand properly I dont know. Very nice buck by the way.

Offline Lon371

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
  • Why Not a Handi?
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 03:16:42 AM »
 Nice deer! 
 I was thinking maybe because he was close and that bullet was cruising so quick, possibly to quick to expand.

Lonny

Offline fatercat

• Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 03:36:40 AM »
maybe use a 150 gn.