Author Topic: Recovered Bullet  (Read 1999 times)

Offline Underclocked

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Recovered Bullet
« on: November 22, 2002, 09:26:18 AM »
from a 7 point buck taken last Saturday morning at a range of 100 yards with one of my 426 grain cast .451 bullets.  The bullet passed thru both lungs and the top of the heart (and must have encountered two large ribs) before stopping just under the hide on the far side of the animal.  I measure the maximum distance across the top at just a hair under 7/8 of an inch.

Same bullets before the alox is applied:
WHUT?

Offline DavidKansas

• Trade Count: (0)
Recovered Bullet
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2002, 02:51:50 PM »
:-) Was this deer taken with the Encore or the other rifle? Glade to see that you are seening some deer in your honey hole.

Offline Underclocked

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Recovered Bullet
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2002, 07:15:39 AM »
David, that buck was actually taken by my buddy.  He is also using my cast bullets in his Knight.  Likes 'em!!  :)

Afraid me and the White only tagged a big doe at 200 yards.  Dropped her in her tracks.  I'm not using the Encore as I can still only get it to shoot puny saboted rounds.  ;)  Really, I may use it in one of the next two seasons if my tags hold out.  Also got a new Omega to try out but haven't even fired it yet.  I'm really considering having the Encore's QLA section removed and have a cone shaped crown in its place.  Have to talk to the gunsmith.

SAW A MONSTER buck three mornings ago.  300 yards and picture perfect broadside, but was just too far.  He would go in the 180+ class.  Superb buck, maybe the best or possibly 2nd best I've ever seen.  Haven't seen another deer while in the woods since then but I've been back out there morning and evening.  Likely will never see him again.  :(
WHUT?

Offline DavidKansas

• Trade Count: (0)
Recovered Bullet
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2002, 02:54:41 PM »
:roll: Sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble with the Encore, but I do know that some rifles are that way. It is still achery season here and this year I am only helping a friend from New York state with his hunting, but the late rifle/muzzleloader season opens after the first of Dec. and I will be putting in some time looking for the deer then. Good luck on the rest od your season.

David