Author Topic: Palin top aide payed by Soros  (Read 3885 times)

TM7

Palin top aide payed by Soros
« on: December 23, 2010, 03:42:12 AM »
At least according to salon.com; vis-a-vis reuters...I don't doubt this politcial bedfellow report, except the part about the money exchange...its probably much more than reported.! Randy Scheunemann is arch neocon war party guy and chief Palin strategist..

fyi....TM7

Friday, Nov 12, 2010 07:45 ET
Top Palin aide is on Soros' payroll
Revealed: the surprisingly close link between the liberal billionaire and the Republican superstar Video
By Justin Elliott  
AP/Reuters
Sarah Palin and George SorosGlenn Beck spent the past week denouncing the liberal billionaire and philanthropist George Soros as a "puppet master" who is orchestrating a coup "to bring America to her knees."

Given Soros' alleged role plotting to destroy the United States, Beck and his Fox viewership might be surprised to learn that one of Sarah Palin's top aides has been on Soros' payroll for years.

That would be Republican lobbyist Randy Scheunemann, Palin's foreign policy adviser and a member of her small inner circle. He runs a Washington, D.C., consulting firm called Orion Strategies. Scheunemann and a partner have since 2003 been paid over $150,000 by one of Soros' organizations for lobbying work, according to federal disclosure forms reviewed by Salon. The lobbying, which has continued to the present, centers on legislation involving sanctions and democracy promotion in Burma.

Scheunemann's client is the Open Society Policy Center, a DC-based advocacy group founded and funded by Soros. The Open Society Policy Center says on its website that it "encourages Congress and the Administration to press the military dictatorship in Burma to restore political rights and democracy."

In the course of Beck's three-day look at Soros' network of organizations and his links to Democratic politicians, the fact that a top aide to a likely GOP presidential candidate has been retained by a Soros outfit did not come up.

Scheunemann is known as a longtime neoconservative who pushed for the U.S. invasion of Iraq and for support for Georgia. He has been strongly identified with Palin since he met her while working as the chief foreign policy adviser of the McCain campaign in 2008 (see a classic picture of Scheunemann and Palin doing debate prep here). Since then, Scheunemann has taken on an increasingly prominent role in Palin-land. He traveled with her to Hong Kong for a speech in September 2009. In the second quarter of 2010, Scheunemann's Orion Strategies was paid $30,000 by Palin's political action committee for consulting on "national and international issues."

Palin even recommended Scheunemann -- along with Orion Strategies staffer and former McCain campaign spokesman Michael Goldfarb -- as debate prep coaches to doomed Delaware Senate candidate Christine O'Donnell. They subsequently spent a day helping O'Donnell.

We reached out to Goldfarb Thursday afternoon to see if Orion had any comment about its work for Soros, and we will update this post if we hear back.

Here, finally, is one of the lobbying disclosure forms that shows Scheunemann's work for Open Society (the rest can be found by searching here):

094Q

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: Palin top aide payed by Soros
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 04:37:03 AM »
 ??? ::) ;D ;D ;D  Wow!!! I took a look at Salon just now, have heard alot about it!! Why anyone but a total nutjob would look at that trash or believe anything whatsoever on that site is beyond me. One lie stacked on another!!

Good luck on this one going anywhere!!!  ;D :D
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline Pat/Rick

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 06:40:22 AM »
True or not, does anybody really think that lobbyist or puke like soros only contribute or tries to "get in", with only one class or party of people? capitol hill runs on money and not just that of taxpayers. Our government (gooberment) is as corrupt as any fourth world nation. Furthermore it is my opinion that a just as corrupt courts system backs their play.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 10:49:57 AM »
??? ::) ;D ;D ;D  Wow!!! I took a look at Salon just now, have heard alot about it!! Why anyone but a total nutjob would look at that trash or believe anything whatsoever on that site is beyond me. One lie stacked on another!!

Good luck on this one going anywhere!!!  ;D :D

Well what can we expect from the TMs! Ya hove to remember nomo, the TMs are a comedy team and are working on new material for the BBQ all the time.  :D ;D :D ;D
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 11:21:59 AM »
More poop!
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 11:35:19 AM »
I would be concerened about the connection as well. The question is: Is it true and if so how close is the "connection"? I flew on United airlines a few weeks ago and Soros owns stock in that company. Does that mean I "support" and have a "connection" with Soros?

Lets see this play out.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 12:11:54 PM »
So Soros had a spy in Palin's camp.  That's her fault?
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2010, 12:27:07 PM »
I'm Googling "tin foil hat".

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2010, 12:46:46 PM »
I'll call Joe.  He's a cool guy.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2010, 12:59:39 PM »
I'll bet it will play out like the TMs "4000 watt death ray".  ;)

The TMs are gonna be bigger than Achmed the dead terrorist and Larry the cable guy combined. You all need to quit taking him so serious, he is just posting his comedy routine.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2010, 01:05:44 PM »
Like Cabin4 said we can see how it plays out. I see no problem with that, but I see humor in the "Soros" concern.
Funny, Obummer has been in bed with him from the beginning but I did not see this same concern from TM as I do with this, Obummer's is a known connection, Palin's a doubtful maybe.

Funny stuff, but I do appreciate this new concern! ;D

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2010, 02:54:26 PM »
Billy,

Maybe we should get TM some AAA batteries as a Christmas present for the death ray.

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline Brett

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2010, 03:52:43 PM »
Mercenaries are happy to take anybodies money, sides don't matter. 
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2010, 04:01:52 AM »
I have been reading and laughing.
Think, youse guys.
This is a case of murder by association--not in fact.
I worked for a lot of guys that I did not agree with their politics---worked for them.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Online nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2010, 04:03:00 AM »
Brett............ABSOTUTELY..!

NSandero....I don't  like Soros...never did. Didn't vote for Obama AND have trashed him a few times here for all to enjoy.  All this indicates is that the 'owner's of the system' finance both sides of the dialectic. EG...Koch Brothers who are primary financiers of the T Party and Ms Palin are good talking buddies with Soros.  So let's see if the story gets legs, but I'm quite certain mainstream mass media will drop it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Billie and Swamptank...Billie, aside from your lying about my comment on military research a couple of years ago...why don't you two guys put your collective brain together and explain how a 9 volt battery can instantly produce an incapacitating 1 million or more volts in a stun gun or tazer, and your take on the research to project this voltage without wires.  Start a thread if you like.

TM7

"COME ON TM"  :o My sides are killing me ;D Your best yet!
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2010, 04:27:59 AM »
Billie and Swamptank...Billie, aside from your lying about my comment on military research a couple of years ago...why don't you two guys put your collective brain together and explain how a 9 volt battery can instantly produce an incapacitating 1 million or more volts in a stun gun or tazer, and your take on the research to project this voltage without wires.  Start a thread if you like.
TM7.

Again the comedic TMs show a lack of real world knowledge. Yes TMs the tasers are very high VOLTAGE, but very very very LOW current and WATTAGE. To produce 4000 WATTS from a 9 volt source it would have to have a capacity to  provide 444.44 AMPS of current. NOT POSSIBLE. Tasers are rated from about 8 to 25 WATTS. So am I lying? I think not! It appears you have no idea what you are talking about once again. Also TMs, the tasers DO HAVE WIRES.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2010, 04:48:39 AM »
I hope you TMs never quit posting. I get alot of laughs from your silliness. Hey TMs what about Tesla's unified field theory? Now there is a scary one. Again keep posting you guys are cracking a bunch of us up. So what lies are you refering to?

Offline jhm

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2010, 05:09:46 AM »
     If a single payment of $150,000 and another of $30.00 is enough to get the TM whatever # you go by excited, then you have a vary LOW living standard, that is PEANUTS compared to the under the table money ACORN, UAW, AND ALL THE OTHER UNIONS ARE DONATING TO THE DEMS.  Pull yourself up by your own bootstraps and dont let a liuttle pocket change ruin your day.   Jim

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2010, 05:40:34 AM »
A cattle prod is run by D-cell batteries---it makes cows and bulls obey.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2010, 06:38:35 AM »
Yes, we should always heed warnings..file this away and watch.  I don't accept Reuters anymore than I accept Salon for unbiased accuracy.
    Let's look at the balance of the accusation however..apparently Reuters (or Salon) didn't present full information.
  Those high powered lobbying firms represent a huge variety of clients,  If they took $150K from Soros, it couldn't have been a big job...$150K would probably maintain their office machines for a year.
   Randy Schuenemann also represented for example; Lockheed Martin, BP, The Open Society policy Center, the nations of Latviua, Taiwan, Croatia, Macedonia and Georgia, plus The National Rifle Association
   Scheunemann was Trent Lott's National Security aide and an adviser to Donald Rumsfeld. He headed up a group requested by Pres Geo Bush, which was called The Committee for the Liberation of Iraq.
    Perhaps this is Scheunemann's great sin which bugs Reuters:  http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/randy-scheunemann/

Scheunemann is Jewish !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2010, 08:41:07 AM »
Follow the conduct rules and direct this back on topic please.

Offline jhm

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2010, 05:32:59 AM »
     That was my point TM whatever # you are, however you still have your OWN AGENDA you are trying to foster so turn it around all you want the DEMs are recieving more under the table money than anyone else.   Jim

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2010, 09:50:16 AM »
 ::) Two more Chosen in sensitive positions!
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2010, 11:41:42 AM »
This guy is a private contractor.  Soros hired him to do some work, then Sarah hired him to do some work for her.  So what.  He provided a service and they both needed a job done.  Period, end of story.

Sometimes you have to hire the best, even when they are suspect of other issues.   When my wife had a friend that is going for a divorce, she took her to the most dispicable and disgusting attorney in town.  Many of this guys clients were real scumbags.  But he got the most bang for the buck so to speak.  She got everything she wanted.  Considering the economic and political pull her husband had, no one else in town could have or would have done what was neccessary to get that for her.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2010, 04:08:41 PM »
Like I said sourdough, about like his "4000 WATT DEATH RAY", that ran on AA batteries. Does anyone take anything the TMs posts as real?

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2010, 11:43:31 PM »
  No..please...not the 4000 watt death ray...

...OOWWW..now you did it
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2010, 02:00:30 PM »
  Frankly, I would rather watch what such persons do or sponsor, rather trhan what some SAY they do or sponsor.  It seems like the Gores, Obamas, Reids and pelosis of the world are marching lock-step with Soros, while Palkin has no opinions or policies that even remotely reflect Soros-ism.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2010, 12:42:00 AM »
  TM;
  The above post seems to be much like many of your posts...completely "made up" !

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2010, 02:05:46 AM »
Exactly IG, more silly false stuff from the TMs.

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2010, 05:16:31 AM »
 ::)  Quite telling.