Author Topic: Trouble with LoadData and Wolf publishing  (Read 709 times)

Offline shotgunner

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
Trouble with LoadData and Wolf publishing
« on: December 24, 2010, 01:06:02 AM »
A while back I subscribed to LoadData, through Wolf Publishing. It is a handy on-line reference for reloading recipes. I used it for a while and one day when I went to log on, it would not let me. I figured that my time had run out and forgot about it, as I was not using it very often anyway. 4-6 months went by and I get an e-mail from Wolf, saying that I was being charged for another year. When I asked why it had not been available for so long the reply was that it was a problem " on my end" and that I should have asked them when it happened. They intended to re-up my subscription without my permission and did not offer me anything for the time I had been unable to use it. I asked again and was told that they did not appreciate me complaining. The customer service guy then got out of line and rude about it. If you went to a restaurant and your meal was not cooked you would not be charged full price. A business needs to make customers fell like they are appreciated and supported. Wolf and LoadData did not do that for me. Shotgunner
NSSA member
past PSSA Vice President
Life member NRA
Father of 3
Hunter/ Trapper/Fisherman
Owner, Skyline Skeet & Trap
Gun nut
"Game butchery is as objectionable as any other form of wanton cruelty or barbarity; but to protest against all hunting is a sign of softness of head not soundness of heart"
Theodore Roosevelt

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (58)
Re: Trouble with LoadData and Wolf publishing
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 02:09:07 AM »
A while back I subscribed to LoadData, through Wolf Publishing. It is a handy on-line reference for reloading recipes. I used it for a while and one day when I went to log on, it would not let me. I figured that my time had run out and forgot about it, as I was not using it very often anyway. 4-6 months went by and I get an e-mail from Wolf, saying that I was being charged for another year. When I asked why it had not been available for so long the reply was that it was a problem " on my end" and that I should have asked them when it happened. I agree that you should have notified them when it didn't work correctly and you had time remaining on your subcription.They intended to re-up my subscription without my permissionThey did let you know that you were being renewed though. and did not offer me anything for the time I had been unable to use it. I asked again and was told that they did not appreciate me complaining. Yuup, here is where the whole thing goes south and they get out of line.The customer service guy then got out of line and rude about it. If you went to a restaurant and your meal was not cooked you would not be charged full price. A business needs to make customers fell like they are appreciated and supported. Wolf and LoadData did not do that for me. ShotgunnerI would just move along and let it go. I don't think you are going to get your money refunded, but you have avoided being renewed in the plan. Looks like the right outcome for the most part prevailed. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours...........

Offline shotgunner

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 05:09:46 AM »
I am not asking for or expecting a refund at this point. If they had offered me another year, at half price, I think it would have been reasonable. I don't expect an apology, though it would be appropriate. I think it is good for shooters to let each other know who they can depend on to take care of them, and who might not. Rifle and Handloader are the only gun rags I read anymore. It is disappointing that they have an employee with an attitude. Shotgunner
NSSA member
past PSSA Vice President
Life member NRA
Father of 3
Gun nut
"Game butchery is as objectionable as any other form of wanton cruelty or barbarity; but to protest against all hunting is a sign of softness of head not soundness of heart"
Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Larry L

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 05:37:46 AM »
I've never found anything on Quickloads I couldn't get else where for free.

Offline yooper77

• Trade Count: (33)
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 06:21:21 AM »
I subscribed to Wolfe Publishing Company digital subscription magazines Handloader, Rifle and Successful Hunter. http://www.riflemagazine.com

I don’t use http://www.loaddata.com/ but whenever I had a question about my magazines the customer service staff has been extremely helpful.  I also have automatic renewal, and that is in the initial agreement when I signed up.

I am willing to bet your case of automatic renewal that it also was in the agreement that you signed up for, so I don’t see that as not asking your permission. I cannot comment on how customer service treated you since I don’t know how your approached the situation because there is always two sides of the story and alI we are hearing is your side.

yooper77

Offline necchi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (40)
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2010, 06:27:06 AM »
Thanks for the heads-up.
 I have only 3 load books and with whats currently online for free I can pretty much figure out what I need.
Sure glad I haven't spent money on something that may not be available just becasue the power went out or the server is down.
found elsewhere

Offline Dezynco

• Trade Count: (38)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2010, 04:33:12 AM »
I never had any issues with LoadData.  However I did not re-up my membership after my year was up.  I had to replace my card, so the automatic renewal would not go through.

They did give me plenty of notices that my subscription would be renewed unless I asked them to cancel....I'm thinking about renewing just because I like having an extra source for information.  Not that I couldn't dig for hours and get the same information for free, it's just a matter of convenience.

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2010, 08:46:33 AM »
I've got several load books but as new cartridges and powders come along they are not in the old books. I usually just search online and find all the data I want for free. Go to the bullet or powder makers sites. They will give you the load data hoping to sell you their product.  ;D

Merry Christmas !
Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE

Offline McDerry

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2010, 09:18:54 AM »
I am not asking for or expecting a refund at this point. If they had offered me another year, at half price, I think it would have been reasonable. I don't expect an apology, though it would be appropriate.

Offering you another year at half price would have been the same as a refund. 

Offline shotgunner

• A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2010, 01:21:16 AM »
That is true, but as I wrote, I am no longer looking for it. If they had offered me any compensation what so ever, I would have stayed with them. At this point, now that an employee has been rude, I am not going to send them any money. Shotgunner
NSSA member
past PSSA Vice President
Life member NRA
Father of 3
Gun nut
Theodore Roosevelt