Author Topic: Savage Striker  (Read 971 times)

Offline wvjoetc

• Trade Count: (34)
  • Avid Poster
Savage Striker
« on: December 24, 2010, 02:32:12 AM »
I've been thinking about a Savage Striker in 22-250 or 243, if you visit the auction sites and find used,  seems the price is very high  ??? is it me or is that the going rate on the Striker?  I've shot Contenders for years and looking for something a little different, I value your comments and opinions.  Thanks,

Joe
TC Renegade 50 cal
CVA Bobcat  50 cal
"Here Pilgram skin this'n an I'll get you another"

Offline Mohawk

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Savage Striker
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 02:45:30 AM »
Hey Joe. I haven't been in the market for years but I remember the strikers being high. My only guess is they may be considered "exotic". I encountered the same thing when looking at the Remington version. I think TC made them more mainstream so their prices have stabilized on their line. I would grab the .243 version if I was in the market. They are good guns.

Offline lnewby

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 12:07:26 PM »
 I live in Minnesota and just bought a Striker at a gun show. It was a blue 243 with Burris rings and bases and a 2 power Simmons scope. This Striker is in very good condition and I paid $400.Typically bare Striker sell for $350 - $400 stainless a little more. I bought my first Striker in the 90s , it was new and I paid $295. I believe Striker prices are high because they are a specialty pistol, and like the Remington XP100, when they are available sales are only so-so, when they discontinue them a lot of people want them. Fix the trigger and they shoot great.                lnewby

Offline wvjoetc

• Trade Count: (34)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2010, 04:39:27 AM »
I've been thinking the four hundred range also, but what I'm finding five to six.  I know thier kind of different around my parts but we'll keep our eyes open and maybe one will come along.

Joe
TC Renegade 50 cal
CVA Bobcat  50 cal
"Here Pilgram skin this'n an I'll get you another"