Author Topic: Hank Williams shot gun  (Read 1824 times)

Offline kf4ocv

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Hank Williams shot gun
« on: December 25, 2010, 05:44:01 AM »
Can anyone ID the shot guns in this Hank Video?   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0hvzCX97jM
Chris

Offline rdmallory

• Trade Count: (11)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Hank Williams shot gun
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 08:14:14 AM »
Both Look like an H &R to me.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 10:13:23 AM »
Not sure if they are H&R, but I love the message.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2010, 11:04:20 AM »
I think there's just one, looks just like my old Model 19XX used to look like before it was camo'd for my Dad to shoot his first turkey with about 15yrs ago, it was my first H&R in 1955, my Grand Dad gave it to my Dad in about 1940 when they lived in Idaho. I refinished it and put better sights on it so I can kill a turkey with it too.  ;)

Tim

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,204954.msg1099071943.html#msg1099071943
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline hunman55

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (81)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 01:15:09 PM »
Could be an old Bay State, but that trigger guard looks like an old Stevens. Hunman55........the Bay State was made by H&R, I think.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 05:59:52 PM »
Prolly Winchester Model 37. He came out to where we shot a game called cowpasture skeet once and was shooting a Browning Auto 5 that day. In fact I think all the folks that came with him were shooting the Browning A5.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Ron 1

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 02:59:24 AM »
it could be a winchester  as it looks like a .410 winchester i have that one looks 12 ga. and older tho
 rw
did h&r use a lever release that pushes sideways?
A man with a briefcase can steal millions more than any man with a gun. - Don Henley

Offline kf4ocv

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 03:43:26 AM »
ron 1  i believe they did.  I was thumbing thru the shooters bible @ Wal-Mart abnd saw some i think they were H&R's.  GB it would be nice to shoot skeet with HW jr. 
Chris

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 04:46:18 AM »
idid h&r use a lever release that pushes sideways?

Yes they did, did you open the link I posted?    ???

Tim

I think there's just one, looks just like my old Model 19XX used to look like before it was camo'd for my Dad to shoot his first turkey with about 15yrs ago, it was my first H&R in 1955, my Grand Dad gave it to my Dad in about 1940 when they lived in Idaho. I refinished it and put better sights on it so I can kill a turkey with it too.  ;)

Tim

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,204954.msg1099071943.html#msg1099071943
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Ron 1

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 06:04:55 AM »
i just seen it quick thanks for the link  ;D
 always learning something new  ;D ;D
rw
A man with a briefcase can steal millions more than any man with a gun. - Don Henley

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2010, 06:13:52 AM »
Hank is an old time member here tho I've not seen any posts by him in several years so as far as I know he's not visiting or at least no posting here any longer. He got to coming here due to a mutual friend who was back then a very regular member here. His health went bad and I'm not even sure he's still alive as I've not heard from him in years either. He said that himself and Hank lived near each other and that another mutual friend of theirs a popular basket ball player who I think goes by the name of Shak or something like that also was a member here in those days. Shak paid for the operation my friend needed.

I never heard from him after the surgery so I don't know if he survived or not but none of them have posted here in a long time. Both Hank and Shak used names to prevent the membership from knowing who they were but he and I communicated several times in those days. I'd bet he is still posting and reading on some site or sites like this even today but if so would be keeping his identity hidden pretty well.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline kf4ocv

• Avid Poster
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2010, 11:43:05 AM »
I guess you never know who you might be talking to or trading with.  Back in 1996 I got into Ham Radio and was amazed at the famous people who were hams.  Ronald Reagan,  Joe Walsh (the Eagles)   King Hussein of Jordan,  Senator Barry Goldwater  just to name a few off the top of my head.
Chris