Author Topic: One Piece Scope Mount for the Handi-Rifle  (Read 3246 times)

Offline Tommie D

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
One Piece Scope Mount for the Handi-Rifle
« on: December 29, 2010, 08:16:07 PM »
My new Hornet I ordered should be here any day. I got a Mueller Hybrid 3-9×40 scope picked out for it. Now I just need a mount and rings like real quick. After doing a few searches I came across this one piece mount, The Game Reaper. Looks nice along with the price tag. Has anyone used this mount and if so I would like to know your likes and dislikes.
http://www.dnzproducts.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=66_5
Thanks,
Tom

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: One Piece Scope Mount for the Handi-Rifle
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 12:57:29 AM »
I don't like one piece bases for anything short of an AR15 style platform, and only then if they are quick detach.

The problem you run into w/ once piece bases is adjustment.  There isn't any.  I'd take the 61 dollars and buy Leupold or Millett rings that are windage adjustable, just in case the rail holes are drilled slightly off on your bbl or your scope has a lower range of adjustment.  You could probably get by using a one piece, but if you do have the minor issue of having the rail holes drilled slightly off alignment to the bore, then your scope will be cranked all the way to the left/right, which is highly annoying to me...

It may not bother you in the least.  But I definatley would suggest 2pc. Leupolds and save some $$$
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline telebasher

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 01:23:27 AM »
H&R sells a one piece scope base and a offset hammer spur for around 15 bucks.  Just pickup a set of Weaver style scope rings and mount everything and enjoy!!  Just be sure your rings will give enough clearance for the hammer to function.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 05:02:59 AM »
Last month I bought a DNZ mount for a shorty project. The mounts very well made and durable. I like it. It could be just a bit lower to be perfect but it's perfectly functional as is. I mounted a new Redfield scope on/in it and had no problems zeroing the rifle. I would buy another.

Generally I recomend a lo Leupold or Maxima ring with a factory base. These cost about fifty bucks than if your rifle didn't come with a base, another 15-20 for that. About the same $$.

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Lefty Dude

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 05:09:13 AM »
Talley also makes a one piece.

I bought one at Cabella's in the Bargin Cave for $40.00 this last Summer. Will most likely use it for a 4X or 6X power.

IMHO, the length is short and not enough for a large multi-X scope.

I much prefer fixed power scopes only.

Offline revbc

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (94)
    • NewLife Worship Center
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 06:18:07 AM »
Ironsighter base at Midway gives you almost as many slots for adjustment as the Warne tactical for around 13 bucks, plus it's grooved for 22 rimfire rings.  Add some med. Burris signature Zees, maybe lows with the Mueller hybrid, and your good to go.
Pastor, NewLife Worship Center
(Retired) Automotive Technology Instructor, West Feliciana High School
Avid Shooter, Hunter, Fisherman and owner of Handi Rifles

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 06:33:15 AM »
All bases and ring mounts made for H&Rs are listed in the FAQs, rings are also covered.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Tommie D

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 01:03:16 PM »
Thanks CW,
Thats the info I was looking for as I've seen all the reviews and stuff on all the other mounts and rings but did not see anything on the DNZ one piece mount.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 01:25:17 PM »
Here is a couple pics of mine.

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline manatee1947

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Contributor
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2010, 03:10:01 PM »
I just looked at the prices listed. Good Lord. That is what I paid for my scope. I picked up 4 model 82 Weaver bases here for $8.49 each and have them on various handis, all of which have worked just fine. They are perfect for the Simmons MS Pro-diamond shotgun scopes and the rings set exactly at the beginning of the bells so there can be no slipping under heavy recoil. Got the scopes on sale at Midway for $60 each. Unless your scope is too short, why would you pay that ?
remember the starfish

Offline dovehunter

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2011, 04:24:49 AM »
I used a Weaver one-piece base and a set of their Quad Lock rings on mine.  I think I paid about 15 bucks for the mount at our local Gander Mountain and about 10 bucks for the rings at Wally World.  I would have preferred the NEF mount bases as the Weaver only has two slots but I was pressed for time and didn't want to have to wait for a mail order to come in (didn't want to pay the shipping charge either).

Offline Tommie D

• Avid Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2011, 11:39:53 AM »
Thanks again CW,
Those pic's are great!
You right about it being a little tall and it would be Perfect if it was a little lower.
I might see about having a "Lower" coustom mount made, that's if I can get the Bosses aprovel   :)