Author Topic: responsibility and being a man of your word...  (Read 727 times)

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
responsibility and being a man of your word...
« on: January 02, 2011, 12:56:16 PM »
This is not a nice thing to see here. I saw a classifieds post 3-4 days ago which was started about a week ago. I posted some information to it in an effort to clarify some misconceptions of the item for sale. Yesterday another long time member posted that he would "take it" and asked for payment info. Honest, straightforward, trustworthy deals such as this have happened here many times. In searching this site a little while ago I saw the closed thread with a cryptic last post made today by the original poster. He stated that since no one bought the item he had changed his mind and asked the thread be closed. Odd, in the post above his, dated yesterday, the buying member had clearly stated that he would take it.
I believe a man has a right to change his mind, but if you do so own up to your responsibilities and do the right thing...I will continue to be comfortable trading with the great honest member that wanted to buy the offered item, and was then ignored by the prospective seller. The seller did not sell it, and then acted as if the offer to buy it did not even exist, stating some excuse that did not make much sense.
I will learn from this incident, and hopfully others here will also....Things like this should not happen here, if they do at least man up and admit your mistake....<><....:)

P.S. - I am sorry for posting this, but am more sorry to see it happen here, that is why I posted it.. If my observations and beliefs are deleted, so be it, I have expressed my views and feelings and can now rest a little easier. My heartflet condolonces to the completely ignored prospective buyer. Perhaps the seller will see this and contact you with an apology...    
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Old Fart

• Intergalactic Moderator
  • Trade Count: (77)
Re: responsibility and being a man of your word...
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 03:03:42 AM »
This is why there is a feedback system on this forum.
If the seller wants to clear this up the prospective buyer that is thier business.
If the prospectiver buyer doesn't mind then it is his business.

I'm gonna lock this before it turns into something it shouldn't.
"All my life I've had a bad case of the Fred's. Fredrick Vanderbilt taste on a Fred Sanford budget." CR
Lifetime/Endowment/Patron NRA Member.
Second Amendment Foundation, www.saf.org - Life Member