Author Topic: Kel Tec Shotgun, anyone?  (Read 5305 times)

Offline Savage

• Trade Count: (0)
Kel Tec Shotgun, anyone?
« on: January 04, 2011, 12:33:07 PM »
Anyone interested in a Kel Tec pump shotgun?  Looks interesting, although I prefer auto loaders.

http://www.keltecweapons.com/news/preview-kel-tec-shotgun-ksg

Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline sachel.45

• Contributor
Re: Kel Tec Shotgun, anyone?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 01:44:07 PM »
I want one make that 2 one in 20 gauge would be nice as well. Would it be weird to have choke tubes installed ;D
common sense is slowly becoming uncommon

Offline hillbill

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 11:18:23 PM »
Ive been reading up on it, does sound a like interesting playtoy.bet its quite awhile before it hits the shelves.

Offline jason045

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 09:58:14 AM »
Id like one also, but if the release is gonna be anything like the PMR-30, then forget it.
You never know when ya got too much gun, but ya dang sure know when ya aint got enough!

Offline MGMorden

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 05:46:14 PM »
Not really interested in it myself.  Particularly with the following:

MSRP has not been officially been set, but we are looking at the $800.00 range.

For that price I could get a really nice name brand autoloader.  When they're competing against Mossberg and Remington pump guns in the $175-275 price range, I just don't see this gun competing very well. 

What I want to see from Kel-tec at this point is a scaled up PF-9 - same platform in a "medium sized" pistol size rather than ultra-compact, and maybe a .22LR version of the PMR-30. 

Offline Savage

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 01:17:54 AM »
I have to agree with MGMorden. For $800 I can get a lot more shotgun, or, even better, another AR! The only thing the KT has going for it is length and capacity. I don't care much for scatter guns for anything other than hunting or clays. So, I'm pretty sure I'll never own one at that price point.
Still, you have to give KT their due, they are innovators in firearms development. They have introduced many new product/designs that are among the most copied of our time.
Savage

Offline slim rem 7

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 02:04:20 AM »
keltec is a good company but i ll stick with my winchester mod 50..slim rem 7

Offline hillbill

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 01:21:08 PM »
if the gun actually works, im guessing that its really the first real innovation in scattergun design since the pump or auto was invented.its definitely not for everybody and other than popping sum errant armadillos and trash raiding possums, its not gonna have much use for hunting.i would like to see a interchangeable longer barrel with chokes.home defense is where it will shine and possibly it may catch on for police use.all that remains to be seen.

Offline MGMorden

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 04:36:52 PM »
You know, the more I see of this gun, the more it's growing on me.  I'm starting to change my mind one it :).

We'll see where the street price ends up.  $500-550 and I might actually look into it.

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 05:34:19 PM »
What I like about Kel Tec is that they are firearms inovators rather than copying other's designs. The proof of their wisdom is in the fact that it's they who are constanly being copied. Plus they stand behind their firearms like no other.

Offline Savage

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2011, 12:55:20 AM »
What I like about Kel Tec is that they are firearms inovators rather than copying other's designs. The proof of their wisdom is in the fact that it's they who are constanly being copied. Plus they stand behind their firearms like no other.

Well said! I couldn't have said it better, and------------an  American company no less--------!!!
Savae

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2011, 03:58:22 AM »
i saw this via email and i have to say i was impressed.   i have never owned a keltec product but that may change in the future.  i will be waiting to see what people are saying about it after they shoot it.   if it is reliable, i may just get one.   

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter

Offline jmayton

• A Real Regular
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2011, 04:02:26 AM »
I really like the design.  I think for a home defense gun it would be great.  The only thing that bothers me about it is that there is nothing to really prevent your hand from sliding up in front of the muzzle.  If they extended the barrel out a couple of inches that would solve the problem and still keep the overall length shorter than any other 20" shotgun out there.  I can just see some mangled hands from this thing.

Offline Savage

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2011, 04:56:39 AM »
I really like the design.  I think for a home defense gun it would be great.  The only thing that bothers me about it is that there is nothing to really prevent your hand from sliding up in front of the muzzle.  If they extended the barrel out a couple of inches that would solve the problem and still keep the overall length shorter than any other 20" shotgun out there.  I can just see some mangled hands from this thing.

It comes with an upper and lower accessory rail. You could put a vertical handle if you want. I don't see a problem with it either way.
Savage

Offline jmayton

• A Real Regular
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2011, 07:26:04 AM »

It comes with an upper and lower accessory rail. You could put a vertical handle if you want. I don't see a problem with it either way.
Savage

There's a video that shows it being fired with a vertical grip.  I think that would be the way to go.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2011, 07:06:46 PM »
i dont know about that...i have heard people claim the same thing with pistols.  funny, i have made it all these years without shooting myself with a pistol yet.   

Offline jmayton

• A Real Regular
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2011, 05:17:52 AM »
Yeah, but with a pistol, you don't grip the gun that close to the muzzle.  It's like any other gun, you have to handle it carefully, but that doesn't always happen.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2011, 09:16:58 AM »
i think if a person is worried about it, maybe they should pass on it.   as for myself, i dont see that as being a problem. 

Offline Flynmoose

• A Real Regular
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2011, 05:01:15 AM »
Looks lika e good home defense shotgun to me. As far as Kel Tec
the products go, I love my Sub 2000! It is as advertised, fun
and accurate!
FM
Dear God please protect our troops, especially the snipers.

Offline Bsbiery812

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2011, 02:28:17 PM »
  They have hit it out of the park with this one. There is nothing to compare it too.  True innovation and the ultimate in a scattergun with 15 shots in two tubes stuffed w slugs or buckshot with operators choice on each shot. Put an aimpoint or eotech on it and Whoa watch out. That's some serious firepower. I can see this thing being used by military and leos to Great advantage. 
Followed by Buzzards

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2011, 03:53:00 PM »
how  long  untill they reclassify  it into a destructive device

like they did  the striker  12???

better get one while you can
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline Greenhunter

• Avid Poster
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2011, 08:42:28 PM »
Does anyone remember the $250 Streetsweepers? They were 12 shot drum magazine shotguns. ATF outlawed them and now they sell for thousands, if you can find one! this Kel-Tek is a 15 shot pump shotgun that brings a whole lotta of whupazz to he fight. I will be getting 2 or 3 of them before ATF outlaws them too!

Offline Pat/Rick

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2011, 08:04:40 AM »
I like the innovation in design. But I can buy a couple/few 870 police trade ins for the price.  :-\

And have cash left over for "00".

Offline MGMorden

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2011, 05:13:34 PM »
I like the innovation in design. But I can buy a couple/few 870 police trade ins for the price.  :-\

And have cash left over for "00".

I think this is simply charging a premium for the specific features.  Due to the design it's shorter than an 870 could ever hope to be, and holds more ammo.   Don't get me wrong I LOVE my 870 (have duck hunted with one for many years), but to me it seems like more of a hunting gun.  It's still a more proven design as well meaning I'd trust my life to the 870 sooner, but for "zombie duty" (my code word for guns that I just like to take and shoot for fun and kicks :)), the Kel-tec is mighty tempting.

Offline Pat/Rick

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2011, 04:28:44 PM »
I agree MGM, it IS tempting but............... I like the looks of Chappia arms 1887 winnie repro as well.  The old same-o same-o to many guns and not enough money   ;D

I'll agree though, Kel-Tec is good stuff!

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2012, 07:52:17 AM »
well i finally am seeing them for sale online.....for 1350+!!!!!     :o     no thanks. 

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2012, 01:43:21 PM »
well i finally am seeing them for sale online.....for 1350+!!!!!     :o     no thanks.

But Myron, it's only money.  ;)   ;D

Offline chefjeff

• Contributor
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2012, 02:01:59 PM »
Surely this will come down in time,then,it WILL BE MINE! Along with A pm30.There is some trading stock that will hit the block soon.

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2019, 05:20:40 AM »
btt

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!