Author Topic: Identify tool included in this Lee Loader kit.  (Read 758 times)

Offline schuetzen

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Contributor
Identify tool included in this Lee Loader kit.
« on: January 05, 2011, 04:49:45 AM »
I came across this picture of a Lee Loader.  I have not seen the big red tool as seen in this one before.  Perhaps it is a priming tool?  Does anyone know what it is and the history of this tool?

‎Is it really Zombie Max, if it's not .357 Max?

Offline Smokin Joe

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: Identify tool included in this Lee Loader kit.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 06:01:37 AM »
It's a hand priming tool.
Deo duce, ferro comitante
With God as my leader and my sword as my companion

Offline MnMike

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 05:38:53 PM »
Neat. I bought a classic reloader about a year ago for my Mosin and to show new reloaders the simple way to reload. Makes good ammo. 

I never liked the prime operation on the old set, except for demos, I use my Lee Auto Prime. 

I checked the Lee web site and don't see this yet, but if it is a priming tool, it should be an improvment.

mike
Mike Ellestad

Offline PowPow

• Trade Count: (16)
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 01:01:06 AM »
...I checked the Lee web site and don't see this yet, but if it is a priming tool, it should be an improvement...
He said it was a picture...Looking at how weathered the paper is and at the styrofoam bedding, I would say this is a kit from the past, not the future.
Also the copyright on the paper looks like it says 1976, the name is Lee Custom Engineering Co rather than Lee Precision, and the dippers are red, not yellow.
Hope I'm wrong. I wouldn't mind having one.
The difference between people who do stuff and people who don't do stuff is that the people who do stuff do stuff.

Offline shot1

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 03:04:33 AM »
Yes it is a priming tool and yes it was a looooog time ago when they made this "Deluxe" kit I think they called it. They also made a kit with a priming tool that looked like the one they now have without the primer tray. You just put one primer in at a time.

Offline Lost Oki

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 12:35:31 PM »
shot1....watch how you say looong time ago....us ole farts might be offended......he he ho ho.....besides, my Lee Priming tool has a tray and if memory serves me right  ??? ??? ??? I bought it in the late 70's.....or was that in the early 80's....  Have not used anything else to prime since I bought it....