Author Topic: contact H&r  (Read 792 times)

Offline ideal60

• Trade Count: (0)
contact H&r
« on: January 05, 2011, 03:38:28 PM »
How do you contact H&R for service? I sent a rifle in a month ago to one of their service centers. I did this because it seems impossible to contact them by telephone. You are on hold hold hold. The service center forwarded it to the factory. It seems it is impossible to get thru on the phone, i spent 20 minutes on hold today and almost that much time yesterday and numerous other times. They have my name, address, phone # and e mail. I don't even have know if they recieved it or not. Do they have an e mail address?  This is service????   Ideal 60

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: contact H&r
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 03:41:43 PM »
Follow the directions at the bottom of the page, you can't call service in Ilion directly.  http://www.hr1871.com/support/repairs.asp

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline dangerranger

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 10:18:27 AM »
I talked to Chuck in NC today. after waiting 20 min on the phone , Chuck was very helpfull. He offered me a shipping label [which the repair centers would not]. he took all my Info, and gave me a list of things to send with the rifle. I just set the phone next to me while I was eating my lunch and enjoyed the elevator music while I ate. Once I got through the phone system they were very helpfull. DR

Offline gendoc

• SWAMP GROCERIES RULE !!!
  • Trade Count: (329)
  • TRUTH AND HUMOR, thatsa what i'm talk'n bout
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 01:21:16 PM »
i've always had good luck at ringing there phone when they open up in tha morn'n...
sea-ya.....
in tha meen time, i'm wait'n for tha  7th trumpet ta sound !!!

gotta big green tractor ana diesel truck, my idea of heaven's chasin whitetail bucks and asa country boy, you know i can survive............

hey boy, hit this mason jar one time...
burn ya lil'bit did'nt it. ya ever been snipe hunt'n ?  come on...

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Offline gomerdog

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 04:00:29 PM »
I talked to Chuck in NC today. after waiting 20 min on the phone ...

This is not acceptable customer service. One shouldn't have to wait that long. If this is a typical wait time, something needs to change. We buy American expecting a decent product and expecting that the company will stand by their products. The company can't do that by not answering the phone in a timely manner. Having the reputation of poor customer service could be a deal breaker for some buyers. Poor business practice.

"Endeavor to persevere..." Chief Dan George from The Outlaw Josie Wales

Offline Tommie D

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 10:01:34 PM »

This is not acceptable customer service. One shouldn't have to wait that long. If this is a typical wait time, something needs to change. We buy American expecting a decent product and expecting that the company will stand by their products. The company can't do that by not answering the phone in a timely manner. Having the reputation of poor customer service could be a deal breaker for some buyers. Poor business practice.

So what do you think an acceptable time would be?  I've waited longer to talk to someone at a Insurance company's but then Utility company's are the worst.

Offline dangerranger

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 11:02:57 PM »

when I was younger a TV dinner took 45 min to cook in the oven[pre microwave days], everyone went to the barber shop and waited in line to get a haircut, normal shipping time was 8 to 12 weeks. a couple of min waiting wont kill me or ruin my day. besides that before phone "systems" Id just have gotten a buisy signal if they were helping someone else. had I gotten some dimwhit on the phone who didnot or would not help, that would be a CS problem. both times Ive talked to H&R Ive gotten good people who knew there jobs and were willing to help. of course sometimes we are only as happy as we let ourselfs be. DR

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 05:14:02 AM »
I wonder what we can do constructively to urge them 'our way'. My guess is they have trimmed that staff to the bone, or are making them do triple duty (like every other company that is trying to stay competatively in businss here today).
Not to say it isnt aggravating.
I hope they stay in business; in 3-5yrs. we may look at this as the 'good ol' days'.
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974

Offline ideal60

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 06:28:34 AM »
I guess patience is the answer, I got thru yesterday after a 15 min. wait. They had recieved the gun and it was assigned to a technition. I recieved a tracking number so can keep track on the internet. Steve stated they were 4 weeks behind on repair work. I am sure holidays off did not help. At least it did not get lost in transit. Ideal 60 also known as "Grumpy" by grandchildren!!!

Offline Gohon

• Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 06:30:10 AM »
Put me on hold for more than 5 minutes and I hang up.  Just because there are some companies out there that have bad manners doesn't mean I have to accept it.  I'll make an exception if there is a recording at the beginning of a wait as some companies do, that advises that due to the call volume your wait will be so and so minutes. 

Offline gomerdog

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Contributor
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 09:14:12 AM »
Many of us aren't retired, so we don't have a lot of time. We work during H&R's business hours and so we're trying to contact them during our lunch hour or during breaks. More often than not, I am interupted during those times with something, so it just doesn't work for me to wait an unknown amount of time for someone to answer their phone. (I am typing this during my lunch hour, and I've been interupted 4 times). It would help if customers were allowed to leave messages and phone numbers so H&R could call back and at least leave a message (an answer to a question). Playing phone tag is not great, but it is communication at some level. An e-mail address would help also. I understand that doing so might increase the cost of the product, but I guess I would be willing to accept that.

It wasn't my intention to ruffle feathers with my comments about H&R's customer service, but I am not going to pretend something is okay when it's not.

I understand patience, also. I work with sixth graders all day long.

Take care.
"Endeavor to persevere..." Chief Dan George from The Outlaw Josie Wales

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2011, 09:30:09 AM »
Where did you find 6th graders with patience? ;)
Sometimes I think we are only alloted just so much patience, or so many decisions in a day, and when we use them up we are out.
Ive gone to a restaruant after a long hard day and not been able to decide on what to order; I guess I used up all my decisions that day.
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974

Offline petemi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (73)
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2011, 09:40:10 AM »
I've dealt with H&R in Ilion and Gardner and in SC, and never had to wait for more than a minute or two, and always got professional service.  There's a website called gethuman.com.  I doubt if H&R is on it, but it gives you codes to punch in to get past the recorded messages and get to a person.  It is very "Handi", and works for a lot of business and industry. That's why I'm passing it on.

Pete

Keep both eyes open and make the first shot good.
The growing Handi/Sportster/Pardner/Topper Family:  .22 WMR, .22-250. 223, Two Superlight 7mm-08s and one .243, .30-30,  .308, 32-20, 18 inch .356/.358 Win., Two 16.5 inch .357 Max., 18 inch 38-55 BC Carbine, 16.5 inch .445 Super Mag., .45LC, 16.5 and 22 inch .45-70s, .50 Huntsman SS, .410, 20 ga., 12 ga., 20 ga. Pardner Pump, Versa-Pack .410 - .22
[size=7.4 pt]PLEASE DONATE TO THE GBO SERVER FUND  We're closer to the goal but not there yet, we can still use more donations, thanks

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.msg1098959491.html#msg1098959491