Author Topic: got this box of goodys and a pistol  (Read 788 times)

Offline kid buckskin

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
got this box of goodys and a pistol
« on: January 06, 2011, 04:53:47 PM »
I bought this box with some 1911 parts in it and the outher day I was going through it and found an almost complete pistol, the frame said interarms alxe va I did some checkin and this pistol was made in 1951 by beretta .
The parts houses don't have the parts I need to compleat this gun, any idea some bodys got to have the parts I need
thank you in advance

Offline Hit or Miss

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: got this box of goodys and a pistol
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 05:00:32 PM »
It might help if we knew exactly what model of pistol it is.  What it the caliber etc.  we need more details to be more of a help!
Which lie got to you so that you refuse Him???

Offline kid buckskin

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 05:43:35 PM »
The marks on the frame say interarms alxe va ithink its a 9 mm I don't know if its largo or luger I did some research on the internet and I found a picture of it and caption stated egypt goverment issued 1961and some thing about it being helwen
the olny outher info I got was beretta made one just like it and the parts interchanged

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 01:14:47 AM »
You have a 1951 Beretta or Egyptian made 9mm (9x19 or 9mm Luger).  This model was called the Beretta Brigadier which the Egyptians called the Helwan or that's what they called their version of it.  It's a solid and reliable pistol and the forerunner to the Model 92 series.  They were imported by Interarms in Alexandria, Virginia.  Beretta never made a pistol in 9mm Largo. 

About the best you can do is fo up on line to Beretta Corp. and try and find out from them who might have spare parts for the Helwan/Brigadier.  Good luck and hope this helps.

Offline kid buckskin

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 06:01:37 PM »
I whould like to thank you all this more info than the internet could ever offer hence the reson I love to be a member of this form
I have wanted ad in the want to buy classifieds who knows mabey I can find something
once again thanks