Author Topic: Visited Handi Friendly Gunshop  (Read 625 times)

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (58)
Visited Handi Friendly Gunshop
« on: January 07, 2011, 04:47:01 AM »
A friend of mine who accompanied me on a hunt last fall lives near a really neat gunshop that has several handi/pardner firearms. I really took notice to an AY serial numbered 158 in 30-30. While this rifle need a little TLC, with a little work it could be the lightweight pre bancrupcty Topper type rifle you've been a longtime searching for. I own three of these but put the brakes on with this one even though I really wanted to give it a good home..(My wife couldn't believe it)

I also noticed a Huntsman 12 ga. blackpowder shotgun, several USH's, a versa pak, a few pardners, a heavy barreled .223, a shorter barreled .223 (customized??) and many rifles and pistols of all kinds.

The proprietors, John and his son Tom are really good people, and also met Dick, another knowledgeable fellow when it comes to guns.

You can check it out at www.huntwildrose.com

** I have no personal interest other than bringing handiholics together with those that might have that unique gun they are looking for.**

Offline ihookem

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Visited Handi Friendly Gunshop
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 04:46:20 PM »
Glad you put on the web sight. I will call them and ask what they have. Not everyone gives out honey holes like that. Example: I have a firewood company gives me all the free wood I want. It took 5 years to get the heart to tell my own brother in law and dad  where it was. I'm a bad person but you are good hearted. Thanks.

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 05:10:54 PM »
Glad you put on the web sight. I will call them and ask what they have. Not everyone gives out honey holes like that. Example: I have a firewood company gives me all the free wood I want. It took 5 years to get the heart to tell my own brother in law and dad  where it was. I'm a bad person but you are good hearted. Thanks.

Glad to help another gunny. Did you ever find out anything about the Buyck/Crane Lake bear hunting?

Offline ihookem

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 04:07:45 AM »
Nope have not looked into it yet. I will in a few months though. I want to go look for sheds in the spring too.