Author Topic: Palin listed Giffords as a target  (Read 8040 times)

Offline wreckhog

• Trade Count: (55)
Palin listed Giffords as a target
« on: January 08, 2011, 03:15:53 PM »
Now a Republican shot Giffords in the head. Coincidence?

Offline -Shaggy-

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Palin listed Giffords as a target
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 05:37:02 PM »
But she didn't mention not to aim for the brain on a democrat.

Offline Pat/Rick

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 06:18:14 PM »
I doubt "in the sense of".

Offline teamnelson

• Trade Count: (30)
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 08:16:25 PM »
Now a Republican shot Giffords in the head. Coincidence?

Is he a republican? I hadn't seen that published anywhere. Can you give us a reference?
held fast

Offline Dogshooter

• A Real Regular
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 01:42:03 AM »
Good greif. You libs have a conspiracy theory for evrything. If it was REALLY an assassination attempt by a Republican against a Democrat, the shot wouldn't have been aimed at the brain. Too small of a target.
Perception is everything. For instance, a crowded elevator smells different to a midget.

Offline wreckhog

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 01:55:29 AM »
Obviously, this is an opening salvo in the civil war that Greybeard speaks of.

Offline wreckhog

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 01:56:35 AM »
Good greif. You libs have a conspiracy theory for evrything. If it was REALLY an assassination attempt by a Republican against a Democrat, the shot wouldn't have been aimed at the brain. Too small of a target.
That really does seem to be the standard Republican response. Congrats.

Offline Dogshooter

• A Real Regular
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 01:58:40 AM »
Thanks. You've obviously seen the truth and wisdom in the comment.
Perception is everything. For instance, a crowded elevator smells different to a midget.

Offline beerbelly

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 02:15:44 AM »
Now a Republican shot Giffords in the head. Coincidence

Typical liberal BS. No one on the right made that dude do any thing! He made the decision to shoot! This they way they try to stifle decent!
  You will hear the same BS when they try again to pass new gun laws!

Offline Dogshooter

• A Real Regular
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 03:12:59 AM »
She was a Republican at one time. Some of her more lucid thoughts remained after she went over to the dark side. She may or may not have changed her mind on the 2nd amendment. It is the whiney, crybaby, "let's change our laws so we all can feel good" libs that will cry for more restrictive gun laws because some looser (republican or democrap) went berserk. There are nuts on both sides of the fence. Libs, who aren't inclined to take responsibility for their own safety, want to take away EVERYBODY's guns. The world WON'T be a safer place if guns are outlawed.   

Offline wreckhog

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 04:42:34 AM »
You are off topic. This is more about Palin putting out the tea party equivalent of a fatwa. Imagine if OBL put out the same map, with targets on American politicians.

Offline teamnelson

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 04:52:09 AM »
Still waiting on proof the suspect is a republican ...
And before you convict Palin of issuing a Fatwah, you'll need to provide some tangible evidence that the shooter understood it as such. It could very well have been a democratic ploy to harm Palin if were going to attribute this to rooftop politics. Last I checked were still a nation of laws, which includes innocent until proven guilty. Might want to think about the concept of precedent before you fit Palin for a rope.
held fast

Offline teamnelson

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2011, 04:58:21 AM »
You are off topic. This is more about Palin putting out the tea party equivalent of a fatwa. Imagine if OBL put out the same map, with targets on American politicians.

You're making an assumption that such maps don't exist in DNC campaign offices. They do, and they have, for decades. It's a political map btw, not a hit list. Your trolling for spin.
held fast

Offline Dogshooter

• A Real Regular
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2011, 05:08:49 AM »
I may be off YOUR intended topic but my point is your assertion is typical lib spin. Team Nelson is absolutely spot on. I'd say there is more a chance that the perp attacked her because she was not a pure Liberal Democrat. She did retain some of her conservative principles and that drives you libs crazy.

Offline mauser98us

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (40)
  • 10 mm junkie and Whelan wacko
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2011, 05:16:42 AM »
The local media here reported he was a big time dope smoker and pro marijuana use. Between that and his age{22} more than likely he is liberal. Tucson is crazy with liberals as is Flagstaff. Both are big university towns. Waiting to see the liberal media's spin on this one.

Offline rdmallory

• Trade Count: (11)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2011, 05:19:33 AM »
It was listed the judge killed was apointed by Bush. I don't think it was political but anti-establishment.

Offline garbhead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (114)
  • A Real Regular
  • For every Goliath, there is a stone.
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2011, 05:21:57 AM »

You're making an assumption that such maps don't exist in DNC campaign offices. They do, and they have, for decades. It's a political map btw, not a hit list. Your trolling for spin.
Team Nelson....If they do exist...show me some....A map of Palin's 20 "targeted" Dem's with crosshairs is all over the internet...and I remember them at the time, thinking that was wrong...

.I am very pro-gun , anti-abortion, family-values, born again Christian who happens to be a  Democrat,  So where do I stand in the grand scheme of things?...Too many nut-jobs around on both sides who don't need any encouragement to do a crazy act...
12g shortie w/chokes,Tamer .410,12g "Buck" slug gun w/20g extra barrel, 12g smooth bore tracker I, 45/410 w/22vp matched set, 7mm-08, .308 20",

my avatar pic is my 1960 Rambler I bought in 1972 for $175..6 banger 3-on-the-tree...drove it for 5 yrs  22mpg.. was "hot-rodding" (LOL) one night...tore out 1st/reverse gear. Drove it that way for 2 yrs(with no reverse and only 2nd and high)  Had to really plan ahead when parking.
sold it for $125
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.--Mark Twain

Politicians should only be allowed one term in office, then one term in jail.

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2011, 05:53:24 AM »

.I am very pro-gun , anti-abortion, family-values, born again Christian who happens to be a  Democrat, 

I don't really think that combo is possible...

These nut jobs are worthless scumbuckets with no hope to suceed due to their own shortcomings.  The plastering them all over the news for a few weeks is the only is why they do ot.
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2011, 05:54:32 AM »
Blaming Palen is beyond idiotic... ::)
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline Hooker

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2011, 05:55:31 AM »
Liberals can't decipher reality from the metaphoric, blaming Palin for this awful crime proves this.
Stretching the imagination past the bounds of reality is a dangerous thing it's what creates people like the shooter.
Wreckhog I have a couple of questions.
Do you really believe Palin is responsible for this crime?
Do you not have anything more constructive to do than spread this kind of hogwash?

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline garbhead

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2011, 07:56:45 AM »

I don't really think that combo is possible...

[/quote]Calling someone a liar online hurts you a lot less than if  done in person would...look and see who made the quote" sell all of your possessions and give the proceeds to the poor, and preach the Gospel"  and you'll find  the greatest liberal of all time...
12g shortie w/chokes,Tamer .410,12g "Buck" slug gun w/20g extra barrel, 12g smooth bore tracker I, 45/410 w/22vp matched set, 7mm-08, .308 20",

my avatar pic is my 1960 Rambler I bought in 1972 for $175..6 banger 3-on-the-tree...drove it for 5 yrs  22mpg.. was "hot-rodding" (LOL) one night...tore out 1st/reverse gear. Drove it that way for 2 yrs(with no reverse and only 2nd and high)  Had to really plan ahead when parking.
sold it for $125
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.--Mark Twain

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2011, 08:06:40 AM »
Dems and Reps both "target" certain people who they think can be beaten in the next election.  Targeting someone politically is one thing, killing or trying to kill them is another.  She was probably on Palins "political" target because she went to the dems, and because she was from a conservative district, so she would have been easier to defeat in the next election.  That is a whole different target.  The kid was obviously crazy.  He went on and on about dreams while awake, and about gold backed currency, etc.  He was rejected by the army.  He had problems.  The kid who shot Reagan had repubulican parents.  Some people are crazy on both sides of the fence. 

Offline powderman

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2011, 08:26:40 AM »
.I am very pro-gun , anti-abortion, family-values, born again Christian who happens to be a  Democrat,  So where do I stand in the grand scheme of things?...Too many nut-jobs around on both sides who don't need any encouragement to do a crazy act...

If thats true why do you support a party that is rabidly anti gun, anti 2nd am, pro muslim, pro gay, and pro death????? POWDERMAN.  :o :o :o :o :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline garbhead

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2011, 08:38:10 AM »

If thats true why do you support a party that is rabidly anti gun, anti 2nd am, pro muslim, pro gay, and pro death????? POWDERMAN.  :o :o :o :o :o :o
I guess for the same reasons you support a party that favors millionaires over the common man and that says its ok to kill a grown up but not ok to kill a fetus....maybe you are a millionaire?.....people get me when always voting against their own self-interests...also I am anti-radical muslim anti-gay,pro-2nd amendment.... my Lord tells me to be tolerant of all peoples  and that he will take care of the "vengence" end of things himself and for us not to bother with it...the eye-for-an-eye old testament law went away when Jesus came to this earth, with his policies of love and forgiveness............

sold it for $125

Offline saddlebum

• "I ain't never been killed in my life."
" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline garbhead

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2011, 09:24:04 AM »
I wouldn't classify the "Daily Kos" as a DNC campaign office.....They are a bunch of nut jobs on the other end of the spectrum

sold it for $125

Offline saddlebum

• "I ain't never been killed in my life."
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2011, 09:27:30 AM »
I wouldn't classify Palin as a RNC office.
" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline teamnelson

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2011, 09:42:22 AM »
I wouldn't classify the "Daily Kos" as a DNC campaign office.....They are a bunch of nut jobs on the other end of the spectrum

I guess then if we accept that Palin's map was the Fatwah on Gifford, then one would have to logically assume that any violence against a Republican in the "ripe target" states identified was the Daily Ko's fault, the extremist nutjobs of the Democratic party I gather (I don't know.)

Or, we could step back into rationality, acknowledge while the maps may not have been drafted in the best of taste, they in fact have nothing to do with any violence, and any commonality between them and an act of violence are purely coincidental.

I think its a shame that many people lost their lives, including a Republican Judge, but the only newsworthy item out of all of this is Palin's map. Does anyone sincerely believe in an unbiased media anymore?
held fast

Offline powderman

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2011, 11:29:50 AM »
garbhead. If you think that God is telling you to support a party that promotes killing babies, and homosexuality,  you are sadly mistaken. POWDERMAN.  :o :o :o :o :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2011, 11:42:38 AM »
Charley I think there are many passages in the bible of where folks will sell out thier beliefs for a few pennies in there pockets.

As for the Giffords deal, I am surprised it is not more common.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.