Author Topic: Semi auto DA/SA, DAO, DAK, Striker  (Read 785 times)

Offline Noreaster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Semi auto DA/SA, DAO, DAK, Striker
« on: January 16, 2011, 06:03:47 AM »
I recently went to an LEO pistol competition. The host provided firearms & ammo at each station. The firearms were DA/SA. You could also use your own issued firearm. I observed all the feds to go back to their cars and get their issued firearms. I talked to them throughout the day. They all had DAK or striker fired firearms. No one wanted to bother with decocking and working two different trigger pulls all day.  This surprized me as I don't think of a DAK firearm as a great competion/target gun. I know a couple of the guys shooting P229 DAK in my group were excellant shots and had no problem with it, one was an old timer with more then 20 yrs on the job, he was a convert and preferred DAK. The winning team all had DAK. Gave me pause about my choice in firearms, I've always used DA/SA. Have any of you guys switched to DAO/DAK firearms? What are your thoughts.

Offline MGMorden

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: Semi auto DA/SA, DAO, DAK, Striker
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 09:56:59 AM »
I do most of my shooting with DA/SA guns, but I've kinda trained myself to cock the gun before the first shot.  I really, really don't like double action trigger pulls.  I like knowing that if I HAVE to I can cock the gun without cocking it, but not something I prefer to do. 

I still don't own a striker fired gun, though I likely will get one soon.  Still debating between a Glock, S&W M&P, or a Ruger SR9.

Offline NickSS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Semi auto DA/SA, DAO, DAK, Striker
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 11:55:58 PM »
I have SA, DA/SA and Striker fired pistols and they all work for me.  I do not shoot much pistol competition except for SASS with a single action revolver.  For target shooting and plinking I prefer either a SA or SA/DA auto.  Some of those I have are Browning HP, 1911 and a CZ 52.  My DA/SA pistols are a Ruger P90 and P89, CZ 75B and Beretta 92F.  My striker fired pistols are a Glock 17, and a Taurus PT145.  I prefer the striker fired Glock for carry over all the rest.