Author Topic: New Guy to casting alert  (Read 538 times)

Offline JJFly

• Trade Count: (0)
New Guy to casting alert
« on: December 17, 2003, 03:29:57 PM »
Well, I finally took the plunge.  After the passing of my dear friend... and inheriting all of his casting equipment, today I cast my first bullets.

I received a Mountain Moulds .411_305gr_GC 2 cavit iron mould yesterday.  Once the mould is heated, with about 15 bullets, they filled out very nicely.  30lead:1lino mix.  Now I'm off to lubing and gas checking.  I've got a Saeco Lubrizer.  I must admit the instruction that come with it aren't all that great!  Any suggestions of "How To' would be appreciated.

BTW, I learned 20lbs of lead makes A LOT of bullets!!!!

Offline waksupi

New Guy to casting alert
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2003, 07:11:21 AM »
Must be no one here has a Saeco sizer! Try a Google search, and see what you come up with.

Offline FAsmus

Re: New Guy to casting alert
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2003, 05:05:12 AM »
JJFly;

JJ: I've got a Saeco Lubrizer.  I must admit the instruction that come with it aren't all that great!  Any suggestions of "How To' would be appreciated.

F: I have a SAECO sizer which has served me well for twenty-some years. I have never used one of the Lyman or RCBS tools.

The SAECO sizer is easy enough to use but it has some unique aspects of design that have to be understood.

Would you care to ask what exactly you have in front of you? ..In other words, I don't know what to say and instead of writting a whole book about the machine, ask what you need to know or are having trouble figureing out. I can help.

Good morning,
Forrest