Author Topic: Any body use a Lee turret press????  (Read 996 times)

Offline Huntz

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Avid Poster
Any body use a Lee turret press????
« on: January 23, 2011, 06:18:50 AM »
Hi,I am not interested in a progressive press,just a sturdy turret press that I don`t have to spend an arm and leg for.Any info is much appreciated,Huntz
Politically Incorrect

Offline sgtt

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Any body use a Lee turret press????
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 07:02:32 AM »
I have a four station.  Works well for what I need.  Don't use it for any mass production.
"Freedom, for some, is problematic.  It does not grant emancipation from responsibility."

Offline nova71

• Trade Count: (60)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 07:38:01 AM »
I have an older three stage Lee turret press I have been using for about 25 years. It isn't an auto index one ,( I don't think they were even available when I got mine) I do my loading single stage style ;D I size and decap all brass, reprime by hand with a Lee auto prime, turn to next stage expand all brass, load powder and bullet, turn to next stage and seat. It's a little slow but I inspect every shell at every stage to be sure it is right. I mainly like that when I go to a different caliber I just remove the turret and install the next one. don't have to readjust anything. and I load for eleven calibers so it would be a lot of adjusting ;D
It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man. Psalm 118:8 (center of the bible)

Handi-List
 204Ruger, 223Rem, 243Win, 30-30Win,450 Marlin, 44Mag, 357Max, 357Mag, 45-70, 20ga Partner, 20ga shorty.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline goodconcretecolor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 11:41:55 AM »
I have had the Classic Turret press for about a year and love it. I have loaded 30-06, 243 and 45ACP on it in both manual and auto index modes. Each mode has its own uses.

Offline bobg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 12:11:35 PM »
  I have a Lee 3 hole turret press. Probably 25 years old. At one time i loaded for 11 different calibers. Loaded a lot of ammo with it without a problem.

Offline Savage

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 03:27:12 PM »
Anything I don't load on the progressive goes on the 4 hole classic turret. I used a 3 hole for a lot of years. I finally gave it to my son and bought a 4 hole for the extra die station and auto indexing. Faster than a single stage, but still has the single stage control and feel.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 04:10:04 PM »
Mine dates to the late 70's, (3hole).  I use it exclusively, even though I have an RCBS progressive.  Like some above, I prime with the Lee hand primer.  This press has loaded tens of thousands of rounds of ammo.  My Dad would load approx. 1000 rounds a week, and we would pretty much shoot them up on weekends. 

Ben
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 05:02:02 PM »
I have one that gets used as a regular press most of the time it works fine for me.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten