Author Topic: eye strain  (Read 369 times)

Offline michstew

• Trade Count: (0)
eye strain
« on: January 26, 2011, 07:38:58 PM »
My hat is off to all of you folk's. Picked up a WH Buffalo Classic and started to go thru the thread's. What a wealth of info there is on Handi's!!  On page 374 and I'm developing eye strain. Is this normal?  michstew

Offline Lon371

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
  • Why Not a Handi?
Re: eye strain
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 08:40:09 PM »
 If you are talking about eye strain from reading, I think that is only one sympton of reading to much ;)

But there are others to be aware of
 Headaches from brain overload
 Late for work because you loose track of time
 Wife grouchy because she feels ignored
 Banker mad, because you spend to much money since joining GBO
 and many many more :D

Lonny

Offline michstew

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 06:46:04 AM »
I took a break. Up to 410 pages. Not used to remembering all the stuff I've learned about Handi's. GBO has to be the BEST site I've come across.  michstew

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 09:23:45 AM »
YEP
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974

Offline Jimbo47

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (25)
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 01:46:54 PM »
I've been here for a few years now and still haven't read everything there is to learn, but you can count on it, that when you need to find something on a specific caliber rifle you just got, or are planning to get a new rifle, there is going to be a ton of information you'll have to catch up on!

I've caught myself being tempted to get lazy and take the easy way out and just outright ask a question, but more than likely there is going to be the answer and then some in the FAQ's.

Tim, (Quick) has it down to a science, and has spent countless hours putting it all together, and this site is without a doubt the most in depth, technical site you will find anywhere on the planet that deals strictly with these fine little handi rifles.

For us older guys we've learned to just suck it up and deal with the eyestrain! ;)
My culled down Handi's are the 45-70, and then I have a few others to keep it company...357 Mag/Max. .45 LC/.454 Casull Carbine, .243 Ultra, and 20 gauge Tracker II.