Author Topic: S Palin  (Read 5004 times)

Offline scootrd

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: S Palin
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2011, 06:26:29 AM »
    Scoot;
  thank you for the link, I'll repost it here hoping all get a chance to read it: 

http://tv.spreadit.org/sarah-palin-katie-couric-interviewpalin-couric-interview-transcript/

Curiously, you used only one question/answer point to illustrate your point..the one answer which on the surface appeared awkward on Palin's part.  The rest of the interview was about equal to any other interview by anybody.  I explained why it appeared that way..can we imagine BHO without his teleprompters ?
   You cherry-picked one small part of the interview...should we pick the part where Joe biden said "this is a big F---- deal" and judge his whole personality and capabilities by that one statement ?

I cherry picked nothing  -  you stated you didn't remember why she was parodied , I shared with you why, you obviously didnt remember the interview and I only posted what was relevant to your comment.

There have been numerous instances regarding Sarah's lack of knowledge on various relevant and important topics

In another interview she couldn't cite one supreme court decision other than Roe vs Wade.

I dont know  -  how about 
Brown v. Board of Education
Miranda v. Arizona
Marbury v. Madison

Just to name three

And I could go on and on But look , My point was not to bash , I'm sure she is a very nice lady , but she is ill informed (its not a crime), needs to Brush up on just simple stuff like American history , political science,  current events, perhaps take a civics class , broaden her world knowledge. (same as the rest of us) but then again we are not trying to make a run (if in fact she does) as leader of our country. 

I had this same argument with my wife regarding a Large Animal vet  -  she wanted to use this one person because they "were nice" and had good bedside manner. I wanted to use another because they were definitely more "qualified" even though bedside manner not all that great. So I asked her when SHTF in an emergency , you want to rely on the Nice Vet who will hold your hand as your animal dies because they cant help you , or the  more qualified vet with crappy bedside manner .  She chose the more qualified one and He has actually saved a few of her animals already.

JHMO -  Sarah may be Nice and I probably wouldn't mind having her and her family as a neighbor,  But she is not qualified enough in my opinion for a Prime time run at the presidency. Perhaps when she gets a bit more education under her feet.

IG we just don't agree on her qualifications and That's OK.   
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline beerbelly

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2011, 03:07:49 AM »
Sourdough, There is no use talking to liberals! They will twist anything , tell any lie and smear anyone that don't follow the party line. To them the ends justify the means!

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2011, 03:27:12 AM »
    Scoot;
  thank you for the link, I'll repost it here hoping all get a chance to read it: 

http://tv.spreadit.org/sarah-palin-katie-couric-interviewpalin-couric-interview-transcript/

Curiously, you used only one question/answer point to illustrate your point..the one answer which on the surface appeared awkward on Palin's part.  The rest of the interview was about equal to any other interview by anybody.  I explained why it appeared that way..can we imagine BHO without his teleprompters ?
   You cherry-picked one small part of the interview...should we pick the part where Joe biden said "this is a big F---- deal" and judge his whole personality and capabilities by that one statement ?

I cherry picked nothing  -  you stated you didn't remember why she was parodied , I shared with you why, you obviously didnt remember the interview and I only posted what was relevant to your comment.

There have been numerous instances regarding Sarah's lack of knowledge on various relevant and important topics

In another interview she couldn't cite one supreme court decision other than Roe vs Wade.

I dont know  -  how about 
Brown v. Board of Education
Miranda v. Arizona
Marbury v. Madison

Just to name three

And I could go on and on But look , My point was not to bash , I'm sure she is a very nice lady , but she is ill informed (its not a crime), needs to Brush up on just simple stuff like American history , political science,  current events, perhaps take a civics class , broaden her world knowledge. (same as the rest of us) but then again we are not trying to make a run (if in fact she does) as leader of our country. 

I had this same argument with my wife regarding a Large Animal vet  -  she wanted to use this one person because they "were nice" and had good bedside manner. I wanted to use another because they were definitely more "qualified" even though bedside manner not all that great. So I asked her when SHTF in an emergency , you want to rely on the Nice Vet who will hold your hand as your animal dies because they cant help you , or the  more qualified vet with crappy bedside manner .  She chose the more qualified one and He has actually saved a few of her animals already.

JHMO -  Sarah may be Nice and I probably wouldn't mind having her and her family as a neighbor,  But she is not qualified enough in my opinion for a Prime time run at the presidency. Perhaps when she gets a bit more education under her feet.

IG we just don't agree on her qualifications and That's OK.

I will only say..she is much better than what the Koolaid sippers put in Washington in lieu of her and John McCain..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2011, 03:44:03 AM »
 If you guys cannot understand what Sourdough so clearly explained in his last post..you have my condolences.  Sourdough is a man that lives there and was under the governorship of Palin. Alaska is a bit different..there, many regular folk know their elected officials..they are not shut off from the public by a wall of servile party hacks.
   You read what Sourdough said about one stupid, frivilous charge about advertising for Artic Cat !  I have seen US presidents and their families wearing various shirts, hats etc ..naming golf assns and etc...should they all be sued ?  How many presidents have played golf on camera, wearing a cap or shirt with a club logo ?
     On Sunday, the governors of Pennsylvania and Wisconsin will make a big deal out of supplying the "winning" governor with things such as a Wisconsin brand of cheese and etc, according to a bet.
   should these governors be brought up no ethics charges ? DUH !  Yes TM, the charges, such as above have been 'minor'.. but the cost to the palins has been very major..like half a million $$.

Pretending not to understand the nature of a political vendetta and the cost of frivilous lawsuits...only makes one look stupid !

Below, club advertising  logo on cap...does that make him a crook ?    I think not !

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)