Author Topic: Some Family time together (At the Gun Range!)  (Read 663 times)

Offline LHS

• Jesus Reigns!
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Contributor
Some Family time together (At the Gun Range!)
« on: January 28, 2011, 11:23:52 AM »
Well, I've been off all week using the last of my vacation, and the wife had today off, so after the kid (16) got out of school, we headed down to the range. We took his supremely viable doctored up Ruger 10/22, the Ruger Mark II .22 pistol, my S&W 617 (10 shot 22 revolver), and the S&W 686.
I promised the kid the next time we shot I'd buy a zombie target ($2.00!!! WOW!!), so we did. Ended up not changing! He shot it 25 times in the head to start things off, then the wife and him took turns using the .22 pistols and a few .38's through the 686. ME? I mostly reloaded mags the entire hour we was there! My fingers are a little sore, but that is my job (I did shoot some).
Saw a friend on another lane and went over. He said "My new toys!" and showed me his Kimber Ultra Compact and his S&W15 .223! I asked him if the kid could shoot his AR and he said yes, so he showed him how to shoot it and to empty the mag. Kid now wants to sell his 10/22 and get an AR, but it will not happen.
At the end my beautiful wife ran 6 10-shot mags through the Mark II, mostly a little below belt level. I think she was trying to tell me she saw me glance at the goth chick at the Mall earlier in the day! OUCH!! (All the holes do not show up in the darkness of the lane but trust me, they are there!)

All in all a really fun family bonding time! Only bad thing is she reading or something, kid is on Xbox, and I have to clean guns!

(Mods: if this is in the wrong section, please feel free to move it.)
Giving Thanks To God Both in Plenty and in Want!

Offline Dinny

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (268)
  • "Medics Save"
Re: Some Family time together (At the Gun Range!)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 02:30:16 PM »
My mother told me to stay away from those Goth chicks, maybe yours should have warned you too. ;) Sounds like it was a guy's time to enjoy the family shooting session. Sometimes I'm there too, they shoot, I load and clean. In the end, I think it all come's out even.

Thanks for sharing,

Dinny
Handi Family: 357 Max, 45 LC, 45-70, 300 BLK, 50 cal Huntsman, and 348 Win.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day that my child may have peace"
Thomas Paine

Offline LHS

• Jesus Reigns!
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Contributor
Re: Some Family time together (At the Gun Range!)
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 12:03:55 AM »
My mother told me to stay away from those Goth chicks, maybe yours should have warned you too. ;) Dinny

My brother dated on many years back (mid 80's). All he would say was "WOW!".

The only warning my mother did was to warn the girls about her boys!
Giving Thanks To God Both in Plenty and in Want!