Author Topic: Verizon e mail  (Read 858 times)

Offline bobg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
Verizon e mail
« on: January 29, 2011, 02:58:43 AM »
  Does anyone use Verizon e mail ?  If so how do you access the darn thing?  I have had a Verizon account for about 2 years. The last couple of months it won't take my pass word so i can delete all the crap on there from Verizon. Same pass word i have been useing.  >:(

Offline jlchucker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Verizon e mail
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 04:39:28 AM »
3 or 4 years ago when I first got this computer I was unable to make Verizon email work, even though my highspeed internet was through Verizon.  I gave up, installed Mozilla Thunderbird, and never looked back.  Later on, Verizon sold out their phone service in Vermont to Fairpoint, and for me at least, the transition went smoothly.  The Thunderbird email went through that transition OK and I never lost anything.  Except spam.  Thunderbird seems to stop all of the ridiculous spam that I used to get when I was using Verizon and Outlook Express.

Offline bobg

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 10:07:02 AM »
  My internet, home and cell phone and tv are through Verizon.  My browser is Firefox.  I have a yahoo and aol e mail address too.  The one i give out to people is yahoo. No one has the verizon addy. My concern is maybe all the crap on there from verizon that i can't delete is slowing my computer down.  :-\

Offline jlchucker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 11:13:54 AM »
  My internet, home and cell phone and tv are through Verizon.  My browser is Firefox.  I have a yahoo and aol e mail address too.  The one i give out to people is yahoo. No one has the verizon addy. My concern is maybe all the crap on there from verizon that i can't delete is slowing my computer down.  :-\

Firefox is my main browser too.  I know what you mean about Yahoo--it's the one I give out to all but a select few.  My Yahoo email gets about 50 or 60 spams a day.  Which one is your default email?  If it's Verizon email you need to change it to something else.  Why don't you Google up Mozilla Thunderbird and read up on it?  You're already using Firefox, the Mozilla browser.  If you load Thunderbird and make it your default email, then all of the Verizon crap will most likely vanish.  Check it out.  When I first loaded it and started using it,  I did so on the recommendation of a local computer geek.  I dragged my feet for a year before doing it, and when I did I never looked back.  The other thing you can try is to empty your trash file.  A handy and free program that an IRS computer geek recommended to my brother is a freebee called CCleaner.  Google that and load it.  It will be really easy to clean out the electronic crud from your computer and registry.  I loaded that and clean the crap out of my computer once a week. 

Offline bobg

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 12:46:50 PM »
  I have CCleaner, SuperAntiSpyware, Ad-Aware and AVG Anti-Virus on here.  I run them all twice a week.
  I did try to install Thunderbird. It won't install. Please don't ask me why jl. I don't know for sure.
  None of this really answers my question though. I still can't figure out how to sign on to Verizon and delete all my verizon e mail sent to me from Verizon. At one time i could sign on and hit delete to get rid of the e mail. No more though.