Author Topic: Values of and shipping restrictions for Reminton #57 primers and powder  (Read 281 times)

Offline kody

• Trade Count: (26)
  • A Real Regular
     I inherited a number of firearm artifacts that I will be letting go to minimize the sheer numbers. These have been kicking around for 50 years and I'm tired of dealing with it all. This is the start and I'll be selling off the articles as I locate them. First , I have a full package of #57 Remington primers. I would imagine there are restrictions on shipping them. Second, I have ,I believe, a 1 # canister of Bullseye smokeless powder. It seems heavier than 1# but I imagine that would be a round number for packaging purposes. It measures 3 3/4 " x  4 3/4" x 1 3/4. I don't believe the seal has been broken. I will be adding pictures as soon as I can corral my "geek" wife into doing it. I would appreciate any info.   Ken    218-475 2240    kelacey@centurytel.net       

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
Re: Values of and shipping restrictions for Reminton #57 primers and powder
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 02:49:26 PM »
Kody

Shipping Primers & Powder can be a royal pain , you can only ship UPS and maybe Fed-X , no USPS , then you look at the high cost of shipping added to the cost of the item's themselves most people just can't justify the cost that would be needed to Sell / Buy them over the Net .  ???

Now if you had say 20 pounds of powder or 50,000 primers , it may be worth the while , but in small amounts its just not cost affective .

Best to find a local person to buy or trade with .  ;)

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Values of and shipping restrictions for Reminton #57 primers and powder
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 04:31:56 AM »
You CANNOT legally ship them PERIOD. Sell them locally or forget them if you aren't going to use. The #57 primers are pretty much useless. I don't think anyone has made a hull that takes them in at least 40 years. Bullseye is an excellent light load powder for most handgun cartridges.

Even if you were permitted to ship them (which you are not) the hazmat fee would exceed the value of the items.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!