Author Topic: Will Donald Trump Run For President?  (Read 1384 times)

Offline saddlebum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • "I ain't never been killed in my life."
Will Donald Trump Run For President?
« on: January 30, 2011, 07:27:42 PM »
Trump says he is thinking about it. From what I have heard so far and after reading this article, he's looking pretty good to me. It makes me want to know more about what he thinks about social issues.
There are links at the bottom of the page for more Trump articles. If you are interested.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/trump-opec-oil-egypt/2011/01/30/id/384427?s=al&promo_code=B91B-1
" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Will Donald Trump Run For President?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 03:18:39 AM »
Just read the same article's. As far as economical issue's, being the business man that he is, he's right on. Somebody in D.C. has got to get a spine. Only one was Reagan. And he didn't do enough, but was head and shoulders above the rest.
I'ld like to know what Trump's view points on social issue's are myself. What's his stand on gun control,welfare, aborition,etc. A better prospect than what's in the mix now!! gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Gary G

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 06:38:35 AM »
Trump:
If we ever taxed Chinese products coming into this country, we would pay off the debt so fast. More importantly, we would start creating jobs in our country.

This is a tariff. Tariff's cause the products that we buy to cost more. Therefore, we have less money to spend on other things produced. With production down, jobs are lost. This was one of the problems during the great depression.

I have listened to Trump before. He is a good business man, but does not understand economics.
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline wreckhog

• Trade Count: (55)
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 07:23:13 AM »
Review how many businesses The Donald has run into the ground. His MO is to do a lot of things at once, lose money at most of them (without letting them cut into his financials) and keep the ones that make money. He is a pretty smart guy but far too selfish to make a good president.

Offline tcencore3006

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 07:38:10 AM »
wreckhog are you saying you don't want a president who is more concerned about what he wants then what the people want and/or need?   Hmmm... Sounds a little bit like what we have now :)
Newest toy? Smith & Wesson 4006

Offline Pat/Rick

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 07:56:51 AM »
He may very well be a good business man and have lots of money. Thats fine. Good for him. My concern is not business skill but how America is going to get back on track to being the nation it once was. Where people could come here and work for a better lifestyle,NOT to milk it for all they can. Did he not say anything about Constitutional issues, hoping to ride the celebrity wave all the way to the white house? has he ever read the Constitution and BOR? Does he believe in them, verbatum? Does he plan on dissolving unConstitutional agencies? Donald Trump. So what.

Offline tcencore3006

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 08:10:25 AM »
The best part of a Trump election (if he won) would be when he looked at Obama and said, "You're Fired"

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 08:31:26 AM »
The last actor was good !  ;)
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 08:45:07 AM »
wreckhog are you saying you don't want a president who is more concerned about what he wants then what the people want and/or need?   Hmmm... Sounds a little bit like what we have now :)

;D

Yea, but that's supposed to be different.  ::)
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 11:03:24 AM »
Gary G, if you had a choice of buying a pair of shoes, both cost $50. One pair is made in China, Walmart pays $15, and is forced to pay $20 tariff, as you call it, and makes $15 profit. The other pair, is made totally in the US. All the money go's to American worker's and company's. Both are equally well made. Not sure what you would do, but, for me, the American made brand get my money. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Pat/Rick

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 11:20:07 AM »
Yep. Buy American where i can. Parts assembled in America do not constitute American made IMO.

Another label to watch for: Made in/ product of, US. US what? unites states of mexico? or made in/ product of USA(merica)?

Offline teamnelson

• Trade Count: (30)
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2011, 11:31:04 AM »
Review how many businesses The Donald has run into the ground. His MO is to do a lot of things at once, lose money at most of them (without letting them cut into his financials) and keep the ones that make money. He is a pretty smart guy but far too selfish to make a good president.

I think that's an excellent litmus test to determine someone who'd make a good president. So the converse of The Donald would be somebody who is also pretty smart, but less selfish. Someone who has a track record of "building" things up, as opposed to running them down - someone who has produced something maybe or at least lead an organization that produced something, with a profit, and managed to keep it financially viable. Maybe somebody who isn't trying to get a lot of things done right away for the sake of busyness, but knows how to prioritize things, and lead them to success.

I would think race, gender, appearance & "celebrity" should factor much lower in our test, along with imagination. Sounds like we'd like someone who delivers over someone who talks alot about delivery, as the Donald has been known to do. I would like to keep one thing on the table though, that I like about Trump. I'd just like him to sit in the office long enough to look at a couple people and say, "You're fired."
held fast

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2011, 06:38:10 AM »
Anybody got any numbers on how many business venture's Trump has had in his career? You can say how many he has failed on, but you never hear of how many he succeeded with. Kinda like the guy I know that went out varmint hunting a couple years ago. Told me him and his sons/shooting buddies went threw over 3000 rds in a 3 day hunt. When I asked him what number he hit, he gave me that deer with the light in the eye look, and said, I don't know. Well, hell, if all I want to do is send rounds down range, I can do that at my local gun club, and don't have to drive to S.Dakota.
Point is, if Trump failed at 5 business deals, but kicked butt and made money at 500, I'ld sya he had a pretty good average. gypsyman

Offline saddlebum

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2011, 08:30:34 AM »
No matter how many times Trump has won or lost, he is still very successful at running business and in economics.
He has more experience and success in his little finger than all the people calling the shots in Washington right now......Combined!

I don't know about other issues like foreign affairs, defense and social issues, but it's hard to believe he could do any worse.
I just like what I have heard from him so far. Which isn't that much and not  enough. And I haven't learned anything new from this  thread yet.
" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline wreckhog

• Trade Count: (55)
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2011, 12:49:35 AM »
Should be enough here to formulate an opinion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump

Offline PA-Joe

• A Real Regular
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2011, 03:38:51 AM »
Trump declares bankruptcy on every project he works on. Sticks it to the investors. Is't that what we are already getting?

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2011, 04:59:35 AM »
He's declared bankrupcty on a few of his business's. One thing I noted, was he never went to the government for a handout. He was smart enough to restructure and change to bring them back. And this is the kind of thinking we need for this governernment. Not, hey, lets make the government bigger so we can run it for the people. Make the government get out of the way of business, and let them flourish, or fail on their own. He's a business man first, not a lawyer. And, this country should be run as a business, not a lawsuit. gypsyman

Offline Empty Quiver

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2011, 05:18:58 AM »
Slick mouth from Chicago slums, or slick mouth from New York financial districts...  The difference seems to be in the wealth of potential clients.

I would sooner elect Jesse Ventura to the white house. He has a job record that honestly ain't that bad. His public persona is so over the top as to obviously be an act, and he is in show business, so I give that a pass. The other two are closet thespians seeking the fans but never admitting to the fact.
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2011, 05:25:11 AM »
I think everyone SHOULD vote for Trump. Then when I say that America has completely missed the TRUE CONSERVATIVE BOAT, I won't have to prove it. It will be blatantly obvious.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline tcencore3006

• Contributor
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2011, 05:45:16 AM »
Being a conservative does make you a good politician.  I wouldn't vote for him.  Maybe if he gets a haircut I would  ;D

Offline srussell

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2011, 06:00:55 AM »
No matter how many times Trump has won or lost, he is still very successful at running business and in economics.
He has more experience and success in his little finger than all the people calling the shots in Washington right now......Combined!

I don't know about other issues like foreign affairs, defense and social issues, but it's hard to believe he could do any worse.
I just like what I have heard from him so far. Which isn't that much and not  enough. And I haven't learned anything new from this  thread yet.
Trump,s losses were mostly with other peoples money if you notices  when he puts up a few million its a success.so yes he would be good at running us deeper into the ground

Offline Dee

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2011, 06:01:43 AM »
Donald Trump has just about as much of a grasp of being an ordinary citizen as Queen Elizabeth.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline tcencore3006

• Contributor
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2011, 06:05:52 AM »
Very true Dee.

Offline saddlebum

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2011, 06:23:27 AM »
Being a conservative does make you a good politician.  I wouldn't vote for him.  Maybe if he gets a haircut I would  ;D
Donald Trump has just about as much of a grasp of being an ordinary citizen as Queen Elizabeth.

Both are good points!......Especially about the hair!   ;D

He does seem to have a way of putting ordinary citizens to work though. I guess on the surface, I like the things he says about our relationship with China and the way the US is trashing it's own economy while boosting Chinas' and the Arab states. That much seems true to me.......but he may be a fool when it comes to anything else.
Maybe it's just the fact he is beating Obama over the head with it that makes me listen to what he has to say........I don't know. That's why I started the thread.....................

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2011, 06:23:50 AM »
He does not impress me with what he has said. The only attribute about Trump that might not be bad, is he does understand what it take to create a job. Something little boy obama nor his entire staff don;t know or give a crap about.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline tcencore3006

• Contributor
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2011, 07:50:33 AM »
Cabin4,
Are you implying that throwing money around doesn't automatically create millions of jobs and fix the economy?  ;D :D :)

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2011, 08:29:27 AM »
yep. obama is an idiot.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline tcencore3006

• Contributor
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2011, 09:01:20 AM »
That's what I thought and amen!

Offline 1marty

• A Real Regular
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2011, 04:09:19 PM »
Trump through the years has come to believe he's the smartest and the greatest since his publicist has convinced him of that.

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2011, 06:27:33 PM »
I listened to an interview with him last night.  Trump talked about Global Warming and how he thinks it is a farce.  He pointed out that the Chinese are not concerned, they are using coal to power all their factories and power plants.  They do not care about the environment, they are only concerned with getting our money.  Donald said the US is no longer the top country in the world and he wants to see that changed.  He wants the USA back on top.  He said we need to stop importing so much oil and use more of our own.  He also wanted to confront OPEC, about how they are controling the price of oil.  There was more but I got cut off.  Wish I could have heard it all.

So he is conseated, good leaders usually are.  If he does not think highly of himself, how can he expect anyone else to.  He has the business knowhow, and he also has common sense to figure out what to do to get a desired result.  I really want ot hear him say, Obama, Clinton, Napolitano, Salazar, and Holder, YOUR FIRED! 
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.