Author Topic: Finished My 686 Carry Gun  (Read 2655 times)

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
Re: Finished My 686 Carry Gun
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2011, 02:42:10 AM »
I agree Dee! They look great!!

About fifteen years ago I decided I needed a carry revolver. I chose the Ruger Speed Six in 357 mag.

I also polished the frame, installed extra power hammer spring, cropped off the hammer spur and SA notch on the hammer. making is a DAO action. I had a tritium insert installed in the front site and smoothed the action. I carried it for many years in a safari land speed scabbard for some time. It would shoot Win 145 ST into 4-5" at 100 yards off a rest.

When IDPA was just getting going we jumped in and made up a couple courses on our ranges. I shot a couple matches and did very well with it.

I sold it to my brother in law as a home defense revolver about 5 years ago with the caveat if he ever needed to sell it when back to me!

Sorry no pics.

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline bobg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2011, 04:04:12 AM »
  Dee. I would like to hear about your experiences with the K-9. I used to visit a guy that run the dogs for the Sheriff Dept. Both of has dogs died and he retired. I know this is OT but i had to ask. Have you ever heard of a guy by the name of Bill Tolhurst? He trained blood hounds. I talked to a guy that was being tracked by one of Bills dogs for a robbery he did. He told me Bob no matter what i did i couldn't get rid of that damn dog. I love hounds. Any size any breed. ;D.  The guns look great too.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2011, 01:10:23 PM »
Thanks Lloyd.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett