Author Topic: First Farve now Republican Congressman Christopher Lee  (Read 1194 times)

Offline scootrd

• Trade Count: (0)
First Farve now Republican Congressman Christopher Lee
« on: February 09, 2011, 02:46:47 PM »
Why is it these guys that are so much in the public eye end up mailing pictures of themselves that get them in hot water (both with the public and on the Home front) I will never understand.  Will they ever learn.

Sophomore Republican congressman Christopher Lee of New York has resigned today. According to the Hill, the married Lee sent a shirtless picture of himself to a woman he met on Craigslist, who eventually contacted celebrity gossip site Gawker.com. His abrupt departure came after the website Gawker.com published a report claiming Lee, who is married, solicited a romantic encounter and sent a shirtless photo of himself to a woman.

"I regret the harm that my actions have caused my family, my staff and my constituents. I deeply and sincerely apologize to them all. I have made profound mistakes and I promise to work as hard as I can to seek their forgiveness," Lee said in a statement.

The House accepted Lee's resignation at 5.58 p.m. on Wednesday.

"The challenges we face in Western New York and across the country are too serious for me to allow this distraction to continue, and so I am announcing that I have resigned my seat in Congress effective immediately," he said.

Michael Steel, an aide to House Speaker John Boehner, declined comment.
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline powderman

Re: First Farve now Republican Congressman Christopher Lee
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 03:10:16 PM »
HEH. Unlike some, he at least sent it to a woman. POWDERMAN.  ;) ;)
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 05:02:28 PM »
WOW! Right now I am sitting shirtless in my home with the window shade open. I also let the dog out without my shirt on. Should I worry about getting a ticket? Is that a crime? I didn't know that when I went shirtless while roofing in my youth I was commiting a crime.

Much to do about NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline scootrd

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 05:08:52 PM »
WOW! Right now I am sitting shirtless in my home with the window shade open. I also let the dog out without my shirt on. Should I worry about getting a ticket? Is that a crime? I didn't know that when I went shirtless while roofing in my youth I was commiting a crime.

Much to do about NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What??? Much to do about NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Guy is married soliciting women seeking Men on craigslist. Not only does he try to connect with her he sends her a picture of himself shirtless flexing and also compounds it by lying stating he is a lobbyist.
Clinton was crucified for his extra curricular activities (and rightfully so) as well as John Edwards another jerk who cheated on his wife while she had cancer. What a low life he was.

I expect morally better from our Republican leaders who are suppose to hold true with Republican family values.

At least he resigned rather than drag it out harming his family more.
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline Casull

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 07:31:16 PM »
Scootrd, I agree with your take on family values.  BUT, Clinton was in no way crucified.  He got in some trouble for lying under oath (but not much).  Kept his position and now making millions on the speech circuit.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 01:34:32 AM »
  Clinton "crucified" .......Like Bonnie & Clyde were "crucified" for robbing bannks !!  :D  :P  A generous helping of hyperbole, methinks ! 
        Shucks, Clinton didn't even get fired or asked to resign ..as Lee has been required to do!  ..And after all, there is a difference between stupidly playing Jack Lalane on a website and committing adultryand soiling the carpet in the oval office !
   In any case, this just points up the amount of degradation in both major parties..time they got a comuppance from the voters..
      :Let's help the Tea Party bring them both back to the  Constitution !
    Although both majors are corrupt, one seems more so than the other. Let's look at the examples;
  Foley (R Florida) sends an obscene e-mails to a young aide..HE'S GONE..  Larry Craig (R Colo) accused of playing "footsie" with another guy in an airport...HE'S GONE..and that  because of an accusation !
   Of course, there is Clinton (D Ark)  committing adultry in the oval office, then caught lying to the American people about it !..HE STAYS..and Dems all say "everybody does it"..sorry Dems "everybody" does NOT do that ! (but perhaps everybody YOU know, does that)..
     Then there's the stereling example.. Barney Frank (D Mass).. Found to have a homosexual cathouse running from his basement..HE STAYS...  and boasts of his perversion. :o
   It  appears that one party has weak claims to morality, while the other has NONE ! :'(

The Tea Party is the only honest alternative..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 01:54:57 AM »
i  think  i will have a new avatar

where  i am shirtless.....to show solidarity with the republican

at  55...i want to show off....while  i still  can

i go  shirtless to the beach all the time
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 03:14:22 AM »
Quote from Powderman:
HEH. Unlike some, he at least sent it to a woman. POWDERMAN.   

Unlike Larry Craig.
GuzziJohn

Offline magooch

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2011, 03:36:52 AM »
The flesh is weak, so I wouldn't put too much faith in the Tea Party, or any other party to keep it spotless.  And I wouldn't say that it is anything new--remember John Kennedy and Teddy and on and on.  Didn't FDR have a girlfriend?

It's just a bit harder to get away with it now days with 24/7 news.
Swingem

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 04:58:36 AM »
The flesh is weak, so I wouldn't put too much faith in the Tea Party, or any other party to keep it spotless.  And I wouldn't say that it is anything new--remember John Kennedy and Teddy and on and on.  Didn't FDR have a girlfriend?

It's just a bit harder to get away with it now days with 24/7 news.
I think that's exactly the point.  If you think any party has somehow got this great moral clarity you are living in a different world than the rest of us... probably a drug induced world... 

And can we please dispense with the, "Someone else did it worse!" defense.  What John Edwards did was disgusting, but it has no bearing on what Lee did.  Different people, different situations.  Someone else's behavior does not act as a defense to your own.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2011, 05:36:09 AM »
the  big  difference

the republicans  get caught  are shunned by the party and  go away

the democrats ''circle''  the wagons  and declare their man did  no wrong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI_SqqJIU14
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.

Offline Casull

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2011, 06:03:58 AM »
Point on, 45-70. 
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2011, 06:21:31 AM »
Quote from 45-70:
the  big  difference

Not all:

Sen. Larry Craig
Sen. David Vitter
Gov. Mark Sanford
Gov. Jim Gibbons

Offline jimster

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2011, 06:27:26 AM »
Why is it these guys that are so much in the public eye end up mailing pictures of themselves that get them in hot water (both with the public and on the Home front) I will never understand.  Will they ever learn.

Probably not, if you get that old and are still morally corrupt you won't ever learn.

And make no mistake about it, there is no such thing as a faithful husband sending pics, or talking, or anything for that matter with other women....there is no grey area in my view when it comes to being married and faithful.  You IS or you Ain't.  All you need to do is ask your wife what is acceptable if you can't figure out such things yourself.  Just going out of your way to talk to another woman is cheating far as I'm concerned if you need to hide it from your wife, it's not good...and you all know what I mean there.

The republican vs democrat thing has nothing to do with anything either, although lots of people will jump on that as if somehow that makes a difference.  It don't. 

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2011, 08:04:54 AM »
He claimed to be a divorced lobbyist.

Looks like the guy can predict the future...

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2011, 08:11:06 AM »
Magooch & Dukkilr;
  I in no way would suggest that that everyone in the Tea Party is pure as the driven snow..but they are more honest than the 2 majors.  No human is perfect..only one perfect man ever walked this earth..buty He was also God.
  The Tea Party is new and likely much less defiled than the others..when they are we should dump them.. but only voters who reject the "party lemming line" are likely to do this !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2011, 08:42:26 AM »
Quote from 45-70:
the  big  difference

Not all:

Sen. Larry Craig
Sen. David Vitter
Gov. Mark Sanford
Gov. Jim Gibbons

Guzzi;
  Dukkilr says we cannot use the bad conduct of one person to defend the bad conduct of another..and rightly so.  However, I am convinced there is a marked difference in the way the two majors and their members (I'm not with either) handle immorality when they find it in their ranks.
  You mention the situation of Larry Craig..accused of touching another fellow's shoe with his when sitting side-by-side in an airport rest room.  Now there may be something sinister to it..and maybe not.  If you recall he was accusesd of touching a guy's shoe..seems such a thing COULD happen to anybody..and he was never convicted of anything. I'm not saying he was entirely innocent..but touching someone's shoe with your own could be just a chance thing, could it not ? I think the Reps were too quick to jump there , without hearing him out or investigating.
   Curiously, you do not even mention Barney ..and his flagrant boasting of his own perversion..and the Dems say nothing !
  Next case in point, David Vitter..his name was found in a madam's phone book, likely he either was a customer or intended to be one..of course other names were there also..draw
   Mark Sandford..played stupid..South Carolina Republicans rejected him in favor of Nikki Haley..his wife (unlike Hillary) divorced him.  Unlike Clinton, he did not keep his office, by choice of his own party.
   Fact is, moral values differ greatly between parties...likely due to the fact that one party still has fairly high regard for God, while the other tries to kick Him out of government, schools, court rooms and any public gathering.

Offline Lost Farmboy

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2011, 08:51:29 AM »
If he was a demarcate he would got a boost in his approval ratings.  Maybe a double boost if he took his pants off too.
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2011, 09:16:01 AM »

The only thing I was pointing out here is the danger of blanket statements like the one above. In general it appears to me that politicians as a whole have a harder time keeping it in their pants when away from home than the general population and that applies to all parties. The lack of judgment floors me when it is almost impossible to keep anything that a public figure does secret.
GuzziJohn

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2011, 09:34:46 AM »

The only thing I was pointing out here is the danger of blanket statements like the one above. In general it appears to me that politicians as a whole have a harder time keeping it in their pants when away from home than the general population and that applies to all parties. The lack of judgment floors me when it is almost impossible to keep anything that a public figure does secret.
GuzziJohn

John;
  You're correct there, one would think that they would know better than to do such stupid things ! Surely they should, more than anyone else..know that their opponents arealways looking for a chink in their armor.  In many of these cases, I suspect that the opponent is the one who set the situation up..hoping to get the congress person to "bite' on it.
  The fact that they may have been set up in no way exonerates them..they should have known better in the first place.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2011, 11:42:14 AM »
the  big  difference

the democrats ''circle''  the wagons  and declare their man did  no wrong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI_SqqJIU14

this is not  EVERY  time

just  the predominate trend

Offline LunaticFringeInc

• Contributor
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2011, 02:15:45 PM »
The Guy is married soliciting women seeking Men on craigslist.

The lack of a "Morale Compass" is not exclusive to Republicans/Conservatives only.  While the Republican party has certianly had their share of morale and ethic issues one doesnt need to look far in the Democrat party to find that its so rife with morale and ethic issues you have to wonder if it aint a prerequsite to have a D in front of ones name.  It actually seems to be resume enhancing, just look at Bwarney Fwank, Timmey Tax Cheat G, Maxine Waters, Charley Rangel, Whore House Harry just to name a few.

Clinton was crucified for his extra curricular activities

Clinton wasnt crucified for his extra curricular sexcapades as much as he was crucified for making false official statements under oath at a hearing.  With Clinton as my Phalander and Chief, I did find it ironic that he felt a need to hold me to a higher standard of accountability as a US Service man than he held him self to.  Most great leaders I have known have lead by example, often a higher one than expected of others around them, instead of leading by double standards.  Had Clinton been man enough to admit his morale short comings, I could have cared less if he boffed an intern in the oral office.  Nothing I really find criminal about that and its a personal short coming he has to deal with.  But when he lied under oath, thats when I could no longer have any respect for him, not that I even shared his political leanings.

Lets be honest here...Politicians as a general rule seem to have a very low set bar for ethics and morality when compared to the rest of the population.  Oddly enough it is us the voters that put them in office anyways and more times than not keep them there!