Author Topic: DCCC launches a new website - When are the Jobs.  (Read 697 times)

Offline scootrd

• Trade Count: (0)
DCCC launches a new website - When are the Jobs.
« on: February 09, 2011, 04:07:39 PM »
Interesting tactic

DCCC (Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee) launches new website

http://whenarethejobs.com/
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline beerbelly

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: DCCC launches a new website - When are the Jobs.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 05:34:20 AM »
They didn't seem to be to worried about jobs while they were ramming obama care down our throats!

Offline scootrd

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 12:01:51 PM »
It will be interesting to see How long it stays up.
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline Gary G

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 01:39:06 PM »
Neither party has ever created a job. They can only do so by quiting their own job.

It is a fact:
The only way to create jobs is to increase production.
The only way to increase production is to increase capital investment.
The only way to increase capital investment is to increase savings.
Anything the government does takes away from peoples savings.

If the government pays people to build a bridge, then who pays them? How many jobs are lost as a result of that lost capital? answer; more than the number building that bridge.
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline scootrd

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 03:32:35 PM »
Neither party has ever created a job. They can only do so by quiting their own job.

It is a fact:
The only way to create jobs is to increase production.
The only way to increase production is to increase capital investment.
The only way to increase capital investment is to increase savings.
Anything the government does takes away from peoples savings.

If the government pays people to build a bridge, then who pays them? How many jobs are lost as a result of that lost capital? answer; more than the number building that bridge.

I guess I either don't understand your analogy , or I am in disagreement with your above thought regarding.  One of the best way to simulate the economy is to invest in rebuilding our infrastructure.  -  everyone from engineers to steel workers to the men that paint the yellow lines on the road are employed.

-And not only are Jobs created , but we gain something tangible in the end as a result of spending.  Bridges , roads , rail new power grid etc..

Offline Gary G

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 03:59:07 PM »
I guess I either don't understand your analogy , or I am in disagreement with your above thought regarding.  One of the best way to simulate the economy is to invest in rebuilding our infrastructure.  -  everyone from engineers to steel workers to the men that paint the yellow lines on the road are employed.
Hi scootrd, let me explain:
You always must ask, "who pays for it?". Remember that the federal government has no money and creates nothing of value.
Say it will cost one billion dollars to build that infrastructure, then that is one billion dollars that must be taken from the private economy. What things then will not get built in the private sector because of that loss of capital? Unless the government is more efficient than the private economy, which they are not even close, then more jobs will be lost than they will create. It has been estimated that 1 1/2 to 6 jobs are lost in the private sector for each government job. That is why the trillions spent on stimulus has resulted in no improvement in employment. All it has done is give us an insurmountable debt.

The size of government matters too. As the number of government positions increases, their pay and cost of operation must come out of the private economy. That is why our standard of living has been going down for quite some time. The private economy supports itself, but the government must also be supported by the private economy. A most prosperous position would be to have no government. But most believe that government is necessary to to protect our rights and the rule of law. Things done by the government since the constitutional times are add-ons by the government and weigh on the overall economy. Government will by nature grow in size and power which means a loss of prosperity and liberty to the people.  During the time before the constitution, when we had no central government, we prospered perhaps better than the period immediately afterwards.

The above is an economic principle going back to the 1800's; Bastiat and the "broken window fallacy". Most people look at the seen, but you must look in the other direction to the unseen. You see the men working on the highway, but it is hard to see the factory or business that did not get built and the people now not employed there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG4jhlPLVVs&feature=player_embedded
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat