Author Topic: Rifle sights on pardner 10 ga?  (Read 1000 times)

Offline adam3006

• Trade Count: (0)
Rifle sights on pardner 10 ga?
« on: February 13, 2011, 04:32:08 PM »
Hey guys,

I have recently got my hands on a pardner 10 gauge. I went to pattern it today, it shot a great pattern but most every load I tried shot high and right. I was shooting from a bench with my lead sled. I even got my buddy to shoot it a couple of times to make sure it wasn't me. The barrel of this gun is drilled and tapped for a scope mount. My question is, are there any fiber optic sights that will screw into the back holes for the scope mount and screw into the front bead hole? I figured someone else has had this problem before, just wondering what you did to fix it. Thanks.

Adam

Offline McDerry

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Rifle sights on pardner 10 ga?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 07:57:14 PM »
Try it without the lead sled.  Point of impact will be different.

Offline zackyholdem

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 07:37:40 AM »
i have the same problem as you and i am thinking about taking the factory sights off of my .44 mag handi and putting them on my pardner 10ga, gonna try to put the rear sight in the scope holes and replace the bead with the front . i dunno if it will work yet but if it doesnt will try another set of sights
When freedom shivers in the cold shadow of true peril, Its always the patriots who first hear the call. - Charlton Heston

Handi's -30-06, 223 Ultra, 7mm-08, 44 mag, 45-70, 17hmr, Tracker II 12ga, Pardner 10ga (2)12ga's and .410

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 07:39:49 AM »
There used to be a 10ga. shotgun with rifle sights. I think it was called the Buck or something like that. Maybe Numrich or Brownells has the sights. You could call H&R directly too and see if they have part numbers for the sights. Who knows... they might even have some kicking around somewhere. :-\

Spanky

Offline zoner

• Trade Count: (53)
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 11:53:21 AM »
maybe a WGRS peep at the rear(fits the scope mount holes) then solder a steel ramp  up front

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 10:49:49 AM »
Ive got a Buck 12ga., didnt know they made a 10; it has typical for the time H&R open sights.
A WGRS peep would be the best, IMHO, for your project but with it back up there on the breech you wll need a pretty high front sight. A good ramp will look better than a 'guthook' of a sight.
I agree that the way you will rock with the recoil impulse offhand will be much more meaningful in the POI question. If it is still off remember that some judicious barrel bending to get it centered up was commonly done in the past (on smoothbore and rifled guns). Depending on sight adjustment to get a poor one centered can leave a sight hanging way off to one side.
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974