Author Topic: Source for Hard Felt Wads  (Read 1058 times)

Offline Boge

• Trade Count: (0)
Source for Hard Felt Wads
« on: February 14, 2011, 12:22:15 PM »
I am curious if there is a source to buy pre-cut hard felt wads online? I see that Sagebrush is selling them in bulk advertised as "wool felt" but I do not know how hard they are. After more than 35 yrs. shooting real BP I refuse to cut another wad as quite frankly for me it's a pain in the butt and my tennis elbow flairs up.   :'(

http://www.sagebrushproducts.com/catalog/item/7354236/7655443.htm

On another note, I found I had to switch lubes for hot summertime shooting if the gun was not to be fired ASAP as the old American Rifleman lube recipe contaminated my powder in the Midwest where it gets hot & humidity can be astronomical.

Offline OldH&R156er

• Trade Count: (23)
  • Avid Poster
    • A New Frontier - Survival & Preparedness
Re: Source for Hard Felt Wads
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 04:23:56 PM »
That price on that site seems a little steep for dry wads, I could see it if they where pre lubed!

Give these guys a try, 1000 1/8" dry wads for $8.00, or scroll down and they have pre lubed fiber wads for a 500 count bag for $18.00

http://www.circlefly.com/html/products.html

Ken.

Offline Nobade

• Trade Count: (2)
"Give me a lever long enough, and a place to stand, and I'll break the lever."

Offline Boge

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 11:47:57 AM »
The Circle Fly wads are NOT hard felt. I have used them. Also, I do NOT want to hammer out my own.

Offline Fingers McGee

• Avid Poster
    • Central Ozarks Western Shooters
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 06:27:02 AM »
The sagebrush wads work fine.  I have bought and used them for a couple years with my own lube recipe.  You can also get the same wads from Buffalo Arms either dry or lubed.  Price has gone up on all of them recently; but they're still cheaper than buying Wonder Wads.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee
Man of many Colt's and alter ego of Diabolical Ken
SASS Regulator 28654-L-TG, Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire
Pistoleer/Frontiersman, Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers; Moniteau Creek River Raiders, The Ozark's Posse, Butterfield Trail Cowboys
NRA Endowment Life: NMLRA, GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-115; STORM 327, LASOOS 144, SBSS735

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be."  Ambrose Bierce