Author Topic: So often, liberal politicians say...  (Read 786 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
So often, liberal politicians say...
« on: February 17, 2011, 08:18:15 AM »
  So very often, liberal politicians are heard to say, "we are a nation of laws"..    ..But apparently they believe in the laws only so long as they work out IN THEIR FAVOR..
     Today in Wisconsin, there is scheduled to be a vote which cuts back on the public employees' union stranglhold on Wisconsin; a stranglhold which is strangling the state.  Conservatives are for such a cut back, while liberals (Democrats) want to go on spending future generations into the poorhouse.
   It looks for once, like the conservatives (and taxpayers) have the votes; so what do these  "we are a nation of laws" slippery politicians do ?  The Democrats..to an individual, abscond on their duties and find personal Tora Bora caves to hide in...cowards, disobeying the laws they profess to believe in..
  http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/116381289.html

To make matters worse, public school teachers have taken their students from their classes and dragged them to Madison to make a scene.  Who do these teachers think they are? They should be arrested for aiding and abetting truancy among adolescents !

What scum !  I would hope there is just one parent who is willing to bring some stubborn, wayward teacher to justice for contributing to the delinquency of a minor..just one would do !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Pat/Rick

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: So often, liberal politicians say...
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 08:32:06 AM »
Must remember that unions usually contribute to the D side of the fence. Some to both D and R.  Teachers too often use their class rooms as soapboxes and influencing propoganda instead of teaching lesson facts. We see kids out demonstarting and holding signs here on the left coast as well.  Public Schools using Public dollars should be mandated from taking political sides in any fight.

Offline turk762

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 10:22:46 AM »
A lot of school closings this AM,(announced like a snow day) because there wasnt enough staff.
I am kind of on the fence on the issue, leaning to the right of the fence.

I think they have the right to protest, but as public employees they should have average benefits not way above average as they do now. We have some of the higher taxes, both income and property, in the nation. ( dont know where we stand now, but awhile ago we were rank like 3rd and 4th in the nation in income and property tax, its WI for crying out loud, why so high, nothing special here)

Local school yesterday, staff stayed at school but, the high school students left class to protest, Im sure they formed their own opinions on the matter. :o

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 10:58:49 AM »
  Newws reports said a high percentage of teachers called in "sick" today..

Question;  Are they truly sick ?  ..Or are they simply unabashed, pathological ...LIARS ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Pat/Rick

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 11:33:12 AM »
Absolutely they have the right to assemble and protest. They also have a commitment to their jobs.I think it would be a good thing to have substitute teachers in their classrooms on the next day and just tell them that they just bought themselves a two week suspension w/o pay.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 01:59:09 AM »
 The governor is only asking the unions to contribute a bit over 5% toward their health & retirement bennies..which they have been getting free of charge.  How many who work outside the corrupt govt programs get these benefits covered absolutely free for their entire life ?
   Isn't it time there were some kind of parity involved..especially when governments..local, state and federal are facing complete bankruptcy ?

Offline turk762

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 02:48:37 AM »
The governor is only asking the unions to contribute a bit over 5% toward their health & retirement bennies..which they have been getting free of charge.  How many who work outside the corrupt govt programs get these benefits covered absolutely free for their entire life ?
   Isn't it time there were some kind of parity involved..especially when governments..local, state and federal are facing complete bankruptcy ?

The way I understand it, its 17.? %.

5.? % health coverage and 10.?% for retirement, or is it the other way around?
One is at the national average the other is half the national average.

They were saying this AM that they are more upset over Walker trying to take their collective bargaining rights.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 03:23:37 AM »
In either case, the governor is not even asking the unions to shoulder as much as most workers do..but the unions are still running riot about it !
  I just saw on the news that it is 5.8% toward their medical (for life) and 12% of their retirement.
  I rather doubt most workers just contribute only 12% of the monthly contribution toward their retirement. The corporation I retired from was generous in that they provided "matching funds"..that's 50% while I contributed the other 50% ...and they surely do not pay any of my medical coverage since I retired..

Offline powderman

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 05:30:22 AM »
Those teachers should thank God almighty they have a job. Teachers are being cut around here and I doubt they make even close to what they do in WI. My neighbor just retired. He taught at a local HS in a small county. He has made a darn good living at it. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 05:49:59 AM »
I have one true saying about democrats,  "You can tell when they're lying, it's when their lips are moving."   Another true saying is becoming obvious, "We need a law [for every body but me]"

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 10:12:47 AM »
  Again I ask;
   Those many teachers who are "sick" today..are they honestly sick...or are they LIARS ?

See the quote from George Orwell, below..