Author Topic: Democratic senators bail ship  (Read 60531 times)

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (58)
Re: Democratic senators bail ship
« Reply #540 on: March 09, 2011, 03:39:48 AM »
Walker is easily the most polarizing, measured by the gap between how Democratic and Republican voters view his performance. In PPP's poll of Wisconsin voters Feb. 24-27, Walker had an approval rating of 86% among Republicans and 8% among Democrats, for a partisan approval gap of 78 points.

From the MJS this morning.

I could not be happier with these numbers!!!

Me Three :D

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #541 on: March 09, 2011, 03:41:37 AM »
And another one bites the dust. Another example of what happens when you run out of other peoples money.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110308/us_nm/us_idaho_teachers

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #542 on: March 09, 2011, 03:59:20 AM »
  Let's hope Wisconsin or Ohio... starts the "domino effect" into motion...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #543 on: March 09, 2011, 04:57:30 AM »
Did you listen to it TM7?

It said that because the unions agreed to give in to insurance and pension concessions the fight isn't about budget....  They never said Wisconsin didn't have a 3.6 million dollar defecit... 

And busting the unions is about preventing these problems from resurfacing in the future... 

Getting rid of double pensions, teacher emeritus programs, over staffing in government, excessive overtime pay, guaranteed pensions to 401k style, stacking sick days (THIS IS A GOOD ONE,sign up for a double shift, call in sick for the first shift, work the second, get paid for sick time and then time and a half for the second shift), union provided, insurance, retirement at 55 with full pension, protecting the slackers, etc, etc, etc, etc.....

And a great side benefit is going to be the loss of dollars to the donkeys.  Priceless...
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline beerbelly

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #544 on: March 09, 2011, 06:10:26 AM »
If the Repubiclans stand their ground and win this fight they will be over whellmingly be reelected. If they cave they will be thrown out in large numbers. People are fed up

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #545 on: March 09, 2011, 06:23:42 AM »
TM;
   I can easily see where you would be confused !  Anyone who is a dedicated follower of PMS-NBC or the Communist News Network would have a difficult time dealing with a news network that is "fair and balanced"...simply because those other guys are not accustomed to either fairness... or balance.
      ..But stick with FOX for a while and you may begin to "get the hang of it"... ;) :D ;D ;D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #546 on: March 09, 2011, 06:34:45 AM »
If there really is NO budget deficit problem in Wisconsion, then why did the unions agree to pay more for thier pensions/benefits? Why did they not stand thier ground on this issues and hold press conferances with supporting data that there is no budget problem? If there is no budget problem, then the entire premise of the Walker argument is mute!

The answer is simple. Becasue there is a huge budget problem. Proven by the financial statements from the Controllers Office for years. Proven by the claims of the previuos democrat administration.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #547 on: March 09, 2011, 06:42:47 AM »
  to say Wisconsin and the states which are facing these same issues, are not in fiscal difficulties..is just a symptom of somebody who is IN DENIAL...   Perhaps they need a shrink !

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #548 on: March 09, 2011, 06:57:07 AM »
They need a "Get Out of Stupid" card.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #549 on: March 09, 2011, 08:15:27 AM »
Well if that's the case, so be it.  There still is a budget problem, part of it will be delt with with the unions.  If the major reason for this is to blow up the unions and democratic party, GREAT! 

Then the byproduct will be fixing the budget, either way or reasoning is fine with me.

By the way, you know Juan is the token liberal on Fox don't you???  He is always spouting the wacko liberal side....
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline jimster

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #550 on: March 09, 2011, 08:26:46 AM »
I say go ahead and pretend there is money, let it go...let it turn into Detroit. They all hung on to the end there too.  But there was an end.  After a few more places get bulldozed under, just smile and ask where all that money was.  Won't be nobody to ask though...they all move on to another city/state and do the same thing.

Let them ruin themselves...it's the only answer.  In the end when the unions go under due to their corruption.  They ain't doing their people any good.  They will lose because of two facts, 1. the tax payers are much less, and broke.  2. Because sooner or later the people they represent will get sick of them sucking the life out of them as well.   

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #551 on: March 09, 2011, 08:32:34 AM »
The Twilight Zone has returned: Wisconsin does not have a budget problem. ::) ::)

http://www.recovery.gov/Pages/default.aspx

According to Obama's web site (Recovery.gov), the state of Wiscosnion was awarded over $4b in stimulus money. Of which it has already received $2.6b of that. And the reason why they awarded them this money is because the state is really flush with cash in the state budget and is actually running with a huge budget surplus, right? :)

Yet, Obama has weighted in on the union demands in Wisconsin. Obama has sided with the union. Yet, obama has not mentioned this huge budget surplus that TM and the union supporters are claiming is really the case. ::)
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #552 on: March 09, 2011, 10:44:15 AM »
I haven't heard anyone say that there isn't a budget issue aside from TM7.  Not the liberal media, not the unions, not the teachers, hell - not even Obama.
TM7 must be really good a cooking the books.... ::)
Buckskin

Offline powderman

« Reply #553 on: March 09, 2011, 11:03:25 AM »
I haven't heard anyone say that there isn't a budget issue aside from TM7.  Not the liberal media, not the unions, not the teachers, hell - not even Obama.

BUCKSKIN. YEP, yer catching on. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #554 on: March 09, 2011, 11:57:52 AM »
Some segment of the state union in Wisconsin floated that as a trial baloon. They used some 1/2 arse analysis that some left wing wacko group did as hit-job on Walker. It sunk like a concrete life jacket.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline scootrd

« Reply #555 on: March 09, 2011, 12:15:39 PM »
This about sums it all up ...If any are still under the Illusion Eliminating Collective Bargaining is all about balancing  budgets , and not really about busting unions to eliminate the ability for them to contribute to 2012 Dem campaigns matching the unbridled Republican campaign contributions from Big corps now that the supreme court has paved the way with their 5-4 decision.

No true-er words were ever spoken by a president.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn4daYJzyls

Just in case some can't hear well  - here's the text

"This is an impressive crowd - the haves and the have-mores, Some people call you the elites; I call you my base."

BTW  - Love the new Karl Rove big business elite funded attack ads. At least now they have come out of the closet and not hid behind the guise of budget balancing and are finally and unequivocally being up front and stating that it is all about 2012 and never was about budgets at all.

"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline jimster

« Reply #556 on: March 09, 2011, 12:20:11 PM »
According to Obama's web site (Recovery.gov), the state of Wiscosnion was awarded over $4b in stimulus money. Of which it has already received $2.6b of that. And the reason why they awarded them this money is because the state is really flush with cash in the state budget and is actually running with a huge budget surplus, right?

Well that's strange, our all knowing x-governor here in Michigan had to increase spending to qualify for MORE fed money even though we were already in debt, just don't seem fair that this place got stim money while already in the black. Oh well...stim money was for the unions anyways.  Buying votes is not cheap, ain't enough money in the public employees paychecks to buy elections anymore I guess.  Add ours to the mix.

Michael Moore has...but the news show proved Wisconsin was deep in the hole afterwards, so nobody knows what Moore was talking about, not even Moore I guess.

http://www.wistax.org/news_releases/2010/1005.html

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #557 on: March 09, 2011, 12:23:08 PM »

You need to get out more..this budget hoax has been all over TeeVee..WSJ, Forbes, etc....The FOXy video said the same thing...no budget issue except that contrived by Walker/Koch for political reasons...that's what FOXy sdaid...spin it if you want...or sElectively cognitate it.....doesn't matter to me.

C4....the BHO stimulous money is just more of the Bush initiated payoff money..unaccounted, no oversight, no justification...just transfer of money to elites again.  AND YOU REALLY NEED TO SEE AN ACCOUNTANT TO GET AN EXPAINATION OF WHAT CAFR MONIES REALLY ARE...!!

..TM7

You mean the reports are out there of the alleged budget hoax. Then I say the Comptroller should be fired and former Gov Doyle should be charged with fraud since he forwarded the fraud off to Walker as the truth. Also, Obama should be brought up on fraud charges for sending $2.6billion to Wisconson while Doyle was in office.

Agree?
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #558 on: March 09, 2011, 01:29:17 PM »
Ding dong, the witch is dead!!!

All budgetary issues were pulled from the bill, the republicans voted on it and collective bargaining is effectively dead!!!

Yea Haw!!!! Bout time!

Oh yeah, supposidly there is a donkey driving up from Illinois in a fit of rage!!! 8)
Buckskin

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #559 on: March 09, 2011, 02:09:59 PM »
GOOD!
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #560 on: March 09, 2011, 02:25:58 PM »
Hip Hip Hooray! Starve the parasites.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline scootrd

« Reply #561 on: March 09, 2011, 02:35:50 PM »
Not dead at all ... This is just the beginning of the next phase. 
Now the recall of the Republican senators intensifies. 

Wisconsin election law allows any elected official to be recalled from office.
If you not familiar with how the Republicans will be recalled I would do some quick reading.

There are I believe 8 republicans that meet the qualifications (I believe there are also 8 Dems) to be recalled with 3 of the 8 republicans in serious serious jeopardy of losing their Job very soon, One republican won his seat by only 104 votes so that senator will probably be the first to be recalled.
The constituents within that senators district  will definitely have enough signatures.

So the Drama will continue to unfold.  Now it's gonna get real interesting to watch.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/117501513.html
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #562 on: March 09, 2011, 02:44:39 PM »
Let the sour apples have their little recall initiative. If they are recalled, they would be martyrs for the tax payers and the quest for moral and ethical reasonableness in the fiduciary process
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #563 on: March 09, 2011, 02:48:28 PM »
Not dead at all ... This is just the beginning of the next phase. 
Now the recall of the Republican senators intensifies. 

Wisconsin election law allows any elected official to be recalled from office.
If you not familiar with how the Republicans will be recalled I would do some quick reading.

There are I believe 6 that meet the qualifications to be recalled and 3 in serious serious jeopardy of losing their Job very soon, One republican won his seat by only 104 votes so that senator will probably be the first to be recalled.
The constituents within that senators district  will definitely have enough signatures.

So the Drama will continue to unfold.

Scoot, If you look into this, only Holperin is in serious danger of being recalled successfully.

There's also a recall effort under way on a bunch of senators (everyone that's eligible). Maybe, just maybe, one or two might get enough petitions to carry it to the next step. The Urinal-Sentinel has a chart listing who is in "real danger" of being recalled. Their reasoning is only a senator who is in office in a district where his/her party is in the minority would be vulnerable. They used the votes from the last gubnatorial election to determine which party is dominant in a given district. Using this criteria, the most vulnerable to recall is Jim Holperin (D) in the 12th district. He's a Democrat elected in '08 from a Republican district carried by Walker 57-40%. Number of signatures needed is 15,960.

Full article  http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/117312973.html

Another story, on the process & difficulty of recalling, and the unprecedented number of recalls under way in one state at one time.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/117501513.html

IMO, recalling someone because you disagree with a stance on a subject is BS. That's what elections are for. I guess from now on, every time a party loses in the general election, we'll be seeing recalls. There should be "just cause" before a recall is even allowed. Such as a crime being committed, some other type of "bad behavior", or not performing their duties. In this case, I believe the Democrats who fled the state to avoid losing a vote constitutes enough "bad behavior", and not performing their duties is a given. They're shirking their responsibilities.... but to some, they're heroes. Absurd. They're intentionally corrupting the democratic process this State and country were founded on. The "shame" is on them.  This was taken from another site on the web

Offline scootrd

« Reply #564 on: March 09, 2011, 03:20:26 PM »
This is definitely heading for the courts . The problem Walker has now legally is is they violated the open forum rules.

Additionally the have stated for weeks collective bargaining was a fiscal issue which cannot be voted on without dems. So stripping it out separately they have now admitted it never was a fiscal issue all along ..another legal hurdle he will have to answer for.

Pop some popcorn ..this is now going to get really exciting. I love messy political democracy. This will be fun to watch over the next few weeks.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #565 on: March 09, 2011, 03:25:05 PM »
Well, then I'm sure you would agree that Obama and the democrates in congress should be in jail. Can you say HC Bill?
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #566 on: March 09, 2011, 04:26:10 PM »
...And according to reports, B. Hussein O. has sent his toadies up there to meddle in Wisconsin politics..leading the recall effort against the Republican senators. 
   Of course BHO must be doing things right..his approval rating as of this morning was a whopping 37%.. ;D ;D ;D

The news tonight said they have moved back into the capitol building..the public property trashers..that is !

Offline Brewster

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #567 on: March 09, 2011, 04:39:54 PM »
Now maybe the cheeseheads will pay Minnesota the $58 million they owe us.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #568 on: March 09, 2011, 04:58:45 PM »
Now maybe the cheeseheads will pay Minnesota the $58 million they owe us.

How can cheeseville owe sausage town $58m?? According to some here on this forum, cheeseville has billions of cash and a huge budget surplus!
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Brewster

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #569 on: March 09, 2011, 05:06:27 PM »
deadbeat cheeseheads.  It's up to $60 million now, and growing.