Author Topic: Democratic senators bail ship  (Read 60612 times)

Offline scootrd

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Democratic senators bail ship
« Reply #480 on: March 07, 2011, 08:32:23 AM »

The only thing I would add is , when legislators are clearly voting in favor of a Bill , that the majority of their constituents who elected them to vote the peoples voice  do not want and is against their wishes.. How else do you suggest this should be handled?
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #481 on: March 07, 2011, 08:39:34 AM »
Scooter,

Don't you understand that most of the people who voted Walker in want this passed????  Who cares what the lefty loosers want...  Do you really want this to happen every time there is a bill presented?  The other side run like Frenchmen and hide under the skirt of FIB land ???

This is not how our democratic society works and it is truely a disgrace.  If these were conservatives that did this I would sign their recall petition asap...
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline scootrd

« Reply #482 on: March 07, 2011, 08:45:51 AM »
Really ...so it's ok for republicans to leave to leave the floor to not allow a vote to take place,  and not the other side of the isle ...is that your position?  And most people that voted Walker in want the Budget balanced ..Labor has already agreed to  the fiscal concessions. They could balance today.

The majority do not want collective bargaining stripped and did not vote him in for that and he did not campaign on that issue.
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #483 on: March 07, 2011, 08:48:01 AM »
You don't read real well do you..... :o
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #484 on: March 07, 2011, 08:48:19 AM »
Scoot,
I'm glad to hear your opposed to the run and hide tactics of the democrats. The state worker unions love these run & hide democrats. What will you do?
C4
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline scootrd

« Reply #485 on: March 07, 2011, 08:49:16 AM »
You don't read real well do you..... :o

Then you better Repeal Abraham Lincoln

On December 5, 1840, Democrats “proposed an early adjournment, knowing this would bring a speedy end to the State Bank. The Whigs tried to counter by leaving the capitol building before the vote, but the doors were locked. That’s when Lincoln made his move. He headed for the second story, opened a window and jumped to the ground!” “For a while Lincoln’s escape denied the House its quorum.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #486 on: March 07, 2011, 08:56:17 AM »
Lincoln was a mass murderer and a criminal of the worst form.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #487 on: March 07, 2011, 09:11:19 AM »
The majority do not want collective bargaining stripped and did not vote him in for that and he did not campaign on that issue.

Oh really??? You show me one poll that shows that the majority of people who voted for Walker don't want him to destroy collective bargaining and I will eat my boot (size 12 smooth ostrich roper).
Buckskin

Offline scootrd

« Reply #488 on: March 07, 2011, 09:50:06 AM »

Oh really??? You show me one poll that shows that the majority of people who voted for Walker don't want him to destroy collective bargaining and I will eat my boot (size 12 smooth ostrich roper).

Try A1 sauce  -  they'll go down easier
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_state_surveys/wisconsin/wisconsin_poll_support_for_budget_cutting_not_for_weakening_collective_bargaining_rights

and this is just Wisconsin , the numbers get worse when you go nationally.

Offline scootrd

« Reply #489 on: March 07, 2011, 10:00:27 AM »
Lincoln was a mass murderer and a criminal of the worst form.

Really , that's your response?? That's it?  C4 I expected better rather than just deflect or try and suppress.
You are usually very articulate debating the facts . I'm a bit disappointed . The fact is , democracy is messy, not
suppose to be easy, and there was nothing wrong with what the Dems did in Wisconsin. The Dem's job is to
represent what those who elected them want, and what they feel is best for the state from teir political perspective. Those who elected them (their constituents) do NOT WANT this legislation against collective bargaining and neither does the majority of the state , or the majority of the nation.

This walkout is the same concept as the filibuster that republicans seem to threaten over and over when they were in the minority. Additionally I believe the republicans walked off the floor twice in previous years (but I admit my memory my be failing so I may need to research further to validate). 

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #490 on: March 07, 2011, 10:27:53 AM »

Try A1 sauce  -  they'll go down easier
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_state_surveys/wisconsin/wisconsin_poll_support_for_budget_cutting_not_for_weakening_collective_bargaining_rights

and this is just Wisconsin , the numbers get worse when you go nationally.

Not much of an A-1 fan. 

Again... You don't read very well do you...

If you read my post I said find me a poll where the majority of people WHO VOTED FOR WALKER are against him tearing down collective bargaining...  In that poll 39% of voters are in favor of Walkers plan. How many of those 39% do you think voted for Walker??? My guess is 39%, but I will give you 35%.  Walker won with 54% of the votes.  Now since your so-so on reading, I will assume you were taught math by a corrupt unionized teacher and have a similar level of comprehension in arithmetic.  That would be 72% or 65% (depending on 39% or 35%) of voters WHO VOTED FOR WALKER are in favor of him beating the unions like a rented mule.  That would be a majority. I don't have to find the definition of majority for you do I???
Buckskin

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #491 on: March 07, 2011, 11:54:24 AM »
Scoot goes with polls taken by the AFL/CIO and calls them gospel. Heck my own GBO poll taken right here has it 80% to 20% in favor of Walker. No more biased than a union poll.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline scootrd

« Reply #492 on: March 07, 2011, 11:59:44 AM »
If you read my post I said find me a poll where the majority of people WHO VOTED FOR WALKER are against him tearing down collective bargaining...  In that poll 39% of voters are in favor of Walkers plan. How many of those 39% do you think voted for Walker??? My guess is 39%, but I will give you 35%.  Walker won with 54% of the votes.  Now since your so-so on reading, I will assume you were taught math by a corrupt unionized teacher and have a similar level of comprehension in arithmetic.  That would be 72% or 65% (depending on 39% or 35%) of voters WHO VOTED FOR WALKER are in favor of him beating the unions like a rented mule.  That would be a majority. I don't have to find the definition of majority for you do I???

The majority of Those who voted him in first time round would not do so again if the votes were taken today
March 4th poll. 57% disapproval rating.

Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker won his job last November with 52% of the vote, but his popularity has slipped since then. A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of Likely Wisconsin Voters finds that just 34% Strongly Approve of the job he is doing, while 48% Strongly Disapprove. Overall, including those who somewhat approve or disapprove, the new Republican governor earns positive reviews from 43% and negative reviews from 57% of voters statewide.  [/b]

So your 72% is bogus because it's 72% of the minority.
In other words  - seventy-three percent (73%) of Wisconsin Republicans approve of the job Walker is doing (so 37% of republicans don't approve). Eighty-nine percent (89%) of the state's Democrats and 56% of voters not affiliated with either of the major parties disapprove. and overall across all demographics it adds up to 57% Against!!

(Rasmussen has a Republican slant)
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_state_surveys/wisconsin/wisconsin_governor_walker_43_approval_rating

So now I have shown you the majority don't want collective bargaining stripped and the majority of statewide voters disapprove of the Job he is doing. The onlY strength he has is his base and that is only 73%. With now 37% of his base against. 

and from the latest PPP poll  - Feb 28th (PPP has a democratic slant)

Fifty-two percent of respondents said they would vote for Barrett if the election were held today, while 45% said they would vote for Walker. That's almost exactly the opposite of what happened in the election, when Walker won the governorship with 52% of the vote to Barrett's 47%.

don't worry A1 makes it all good.

Offline teamnelson

• Trade Count: (30)
« Reply #493 on: March 07, 2011, 12:13:07 PM »
If voter's remorse is sufficient provocation for civil disobedience, and political sounding shenanigans, then we really do not operate under a rule of law anymore, do we? And if we're not operating under a rule of law, then there is no such thing as a "right"; just whichever privileges the mob chooses to grant itself. Please do not let your children or grandchildren hear you say that its okay to act like a jackass because someone else is doing it too.

We used to be a nation of principle.
held fast

Offline scootrd

« Reply #494 on: March 07, 2011, 12:21:03 PM »
If voter's remorse is sufficient provocation for civil disobedience, and political sounding shenanigans, then we really do not operate under a rule of law anymore, do we? And if we're not operating under a rule of law, then there is no such thing as a "right"; just whichever privileges the mob chooses to grant itself. Please do not let your children or grandchildren hear you say that its okay to act like a jackass because someone else is doing it too.

We used to be a nation of principle.

TN , I didn't say I approve nor disapprove ,
However , Wisconsinite majority does have the right for their voices to be heard *call it voters remorse or any other thing The majority is speaking, and the governor should listen The majority wants the labor concessions, and does not want the elimination of collective bargaining.

I just answered Buckskins question/challenge with factual poll information.
I do wonder though what a size 12 smooth ostrich roper tastes like , I would probably try Grilled . ostrich, the other white meat.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #495 on: March 07, 2011, 12:24:55 PM »
TeamNelson once again you spell it out so eloquently. The libs believe in freedom with their exceptions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kf7MB_u55o
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #496 on: March 07, 2011, 03:19:46 PM »
Honestly Scooter???

You really don't understand what I'm saying or you don't want to.  I don't care about the majority of the voters.  The majority of voters WHO VOTED for WALKER are still in favor of what he is doing...  That is what I was saying, I don't give 2 rip raps about what the people who voted for Tom the bookend Barrett think...  The majority of the people who put him in office are behind him.. It doesn't matter at all if he would get in today, HE'S IN!!!  Hell ZerObama had a 42% approval and he's improving so I'm sure after 6 months these wishy washy middle voters will be thinking about the next American Idol or something and Walker will be right back in the 55% area.  And by the way your ZerObama get better approval when he started cutting taxes like the republicans demanded... Must make you sick to see that!
Buckskin

Offline scootrd

« Reply #497 on: March 07, 2011, 04:40:23 PM »
Buckskin,
You don't seem to get it , and that's ok , those are your views and your entitled to them .
It's  quite apparent at this point We will always disagree on the role of unions and collective bargaining in America,
and will remain on opposite sides of the debate regarding.

We will both just have to watch it continue to unfold, and the Voice of the people and the legislators of Wisconsin will decide on the collective Bargaining issue and I will continue to stand in support of labor and unions, and against corporate owned politicians and the selling off,  and the outsourcing of , America. 

I wish you well.

Side note: he's not my Zerbama, I didnt vote for him (Just thought you might want to know, though it's really none of your business).

The person who agrees with you 80 percent of the time is a friend and an ally — not a 20 percent traitor.
-Ronald Reagan

Offline bigMikeA

• Contributor
« Reply #498 on: March 07, 2011, 05:08:53 PM »
Buckskin,
You don't seem to get it , and that's ok , those are your views and your entitled to them .
It's  quite apparent at this point We will always disagree on the role of unions and collective bargaining in America,
and will remain on opposite sides of the debate regarding.

We will both just have to watch it continue to unfold, and the Voice of the people and the legislators of Wisconsin will decide on the collective Bargaining issue and I will continue to stand in support of labor and unions, and against corporate owned politicians and the selling off,  and the outsourcing of , America. 

I wish you well.

Side note: he's not my Zerbama, I didnt vote for him (Just thought you might want to know, though it's really none of your business).

The person who agrees with you 80 percent of the time is a friend and an ally — not a 20 percent traitor.
-Ronald Reagan

::) ::) ::) ::)

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #499 on: March 07, 2011, 06:44:48 PM »
The only real Wisconsin poll that matters was the one taken in November of 2010 and the next one that will be taken in 2014.

Other than that the other polls are only political fluff put out as newsworthy, but in the old days my mother used them to line the parakeets cage, and her bird named Purdy Burd really found them quite helpful.

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #500 on: March 08, 2011, 02:42:00 AM »
Now if we just make a name change ;D:

You really don't understand what I'm saying or you don't want to.  I don't care about the majority of the voters.  The majority of voters WHO VOTED for OBAMA are still in favor of what he is doing...  That is what I was saying, I don't give 2 rip raps about what the people who voted for JOHN the bookend McCain think...  The majority of the people who put him in office are behind him.. It doesn't matter at all if he would get in today, HE'S IN!!!  I'm sure after 6 months these wishy washy middle voters will be thinking about the next American Idol or something and Obama will be right back in the 55% area.

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #501 on: March 08, 2011, 02:52:12 AM »
TNel et al.......

A}...if a candidate ran a campaign in stealth mode, deliberately misrepresented his agenda and then revealed a reactionary and extremist agendaI must be an extremist, cause I got what I wanted. I would imagine that King George called Washington and Franklin extremistsfor protesting the Kings taxes as well, so I'm feeling good about the group you lumped me into. that would be harmful to the people of a state, would certain representatives be within their rights to withdraw from participation in this process in legal protest..??Would this be another hypothetical question? Maybe should be rephrased to bring some clarity to the question.

B}...would that same candidate be liable of campaign fraud, misrepresentation, and should he be sued by the People in a Court for damages and crimes What damages-What crime? mentioned and recalled on this basis..??Recall is always a possibility, If some entity wants to recal Walker or the runaway senators have at it. I would wager that of all the senators only Holperin is in any trouble though. Most likely recall will take place in 2012 in some instances and 2014 in others and would be called elections.

C}...if the unionized State labor employed by Wisconsin loose their 'collective bargaining rights', those are privileges, a right is outlined in the Constitutionwould/should they then regain their right to STRIKE...??I hope they do, most of us don't need them anyway, they can strike forever hopefully and set a new trend I assume public employees for the most part can not strike..that's why they have collective bargaining in the first place...!!

D}...if the same deceptive candidate leading the reactionary movement, stalls union labor contracts negogiations and they expire...should those same contracts remain in effect till new contracts are agreed..??Are you talking about the 14 state senators who deceptively fled the state to shirk their duties?

E}...should financial and budget offices of states use CAFR for calculating their balance sheets and should such funds be available for expenditures...??Not if it is my money, I want to lower the collections from the government here at Poverty Paradise

thanx...TM7No, Thank you TM7 for emotionally and with much rhetoric for exposing all the flaws in your approach to the various legislative functions that are taking place here in Cheeseville. I'll be sure to send a copy to someones parakeet.

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #502 on: March 08, 2011, 03:34:59 AM »
Now if we just make a name change ;D:

You really don't understand what I'm saying or you don't want to.  I don't care about the majority of the voters.  The majority of voters WHO VOTED for OBAMA are still in favor of what he is doing...  That is what I was saying, I don't give 2 rip raps about what the people who voted for JOHN the bookend McCain think...  The majority of the people who put him in office are behind him.. It doesn't matter at all if he would get in today, HE'S IN!!!  I'm sure after 6 months these wishy washy middle voters will be thinking about the next American Idol or something and Obama will be right back in the 55% area.

I'm perfectly fine with that!  Works both ways. Yes I am apposed to almost everything ZerObama stands for (although really wasn't thrilled with McCain either), but realize that he is in power and have to deal with that.  I expect the conservatives to fight him tooth and nail within the law.  Not run and hide in Mexico...

Buckskin

Offline Dee

« Reply #503 on: March 08, 2011, 03:39:43 AM »
When the Democrats were in power they ran much of this Wisconsin crap down everyone's throat. Well the voting public puked it up, and vote many of these scoundrel Democrats out. Now the Republicans are in charge, and since the Democrats can't run it down their throats, they do the only thing they know how to do. They "run it out of state". Sore losers indeed. The people have spoken in Wisconsin, but the Democratic Senators are saying: To hell with what the people want. The unions give us money.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #504 on: March 08, 2011, 03:46:10 AM »
TNel et al.......

A}...if a candidate ran a campaign in stealth mode, deliberately misrepresented his agenda and then revealed a reactionary and extremist agenda that would be harmful to the people of a state, would certain representatives be within their rights to withdraw from participation in this process in legal protest..?? If you didn't see this coming, your not paying attention. There was no stealth to this.  And no they are not in their rights to abandon their job. By the way 80% of voters think this is unethical behavior to run like cowards...

B}...would that same candidate be liable of campaign fraud, misrepresentation, and should he be sued by the People in a Court for damages and crimes mentioned and recalled on this basis..??  Crimes??? Really??? What crimes??? You can try and recall for anything.  Obama has a task force sent from the Chicago Mayor race up in Wisconsin right now trying to recall republicans for ???? I have no idea, but it's legal.  Good luck with that by the way, especially if the donkeys are still in FIB land.

C}...if the unionized State labor employed by Wisconsin loose their 'collective bargaining rights', would/should they then regain their right to STRIKE...?? I assume public employees for the most part can not strike..that's why they have collective bargaining in the first place...!! Sure they can strike, but they will be fired because there will be no protection anymore.  Hell, they strike even when it's illegal!

D}...if the same deceptive candidate leading the reactionary movement, stalls union labor contracts negogiations and they expire...should those same contracts remain in effect till new contracts are agreed..?? Nope.

E}...should financial and budget offices of states use CAFR for calculating their balance sheets and should such funds be available for expenditures...??  No, that is the way to run us into Egypt's economy.  When their deficit hit 115% of their GDP it collapsed, the US is at 100%... I know we are talking about states...

thanx...TM7
Buckskin

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #505 on: March 08, 2011, 04:00:57 AM »
TNel et al.......

A}...if a candidate ran a campaign in stealth mode, deliberately misrepresented his agenda and then revealed a reactionary and extremist agenda that would be harmful to the people of a state, would certain representatives be within their rights to withdraw from participation in this process in legal protest..??

B}...would that same candidate be liable of campaign fraud, misrepresentation, and should he be sued by the People in a Court for damages and crimes mentioned and recalled on this basis..??

C}...if the unionized State labor employed by Wisconsin loose their 'collective bargaining rights', would/should they then regain their right to STRIKE...?? I assume public employees for the most part can not strike..that's why they have collective bargaining in the first place...!!

D}...if the same deceptive candidate leading the reactionary movement, stalls union labor contracts negogiations and they expire...should those same contracts remain in effect till new contracts are agreed..??

E}...should financial and budget offices of states use CAFR for calculating their balance sheets and should such funds be available for expenditures...??

thanx...TM7

You keep saying this stuff about Walker mispreresenting what he set out to do. Yet, the record proves you are wrong. You keep saying that Walker is misrepresenting the budget problem, yet the record shows these Unon claims are patently misleading and no one person with a brain and a calculator could deny.

Since the unions are misrepresenting the budget issue for self serving/selfish reasons, don;t you agree they should be disbanded and thier leadership thrown in jail?
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #506 on: March 08, 2011, 04:16:47 AM »
Well the good news in all of this is that the Milwaukee teachers union has decided to drop their Viagra lawsuit.

They were suing to keep viagra in their heath plan...  ::)
Buckskin

Offline Dee

« Reply #507 on: March 08, 2011, 04:32:01 AM »
What everyone needs to look at is whom is paying for the permits for these protests. The AFL-CIO are in bed with the Socialist and the Socialist organizations are paying for the permits. All a matter of public record. The union members are following a Trojan Horse to the ruin of Wisconsin finances. They are spoiled to benefits packages that only D.C. politicians can afford. The common voter-worker cannot, but is forced to pay for them for state workers.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #508 on: March 08, 2011, 05:47:52 AM »
Well the good news in all of this is that the Milwaukee teachers union has decided to drop their Viagra lawsuit.

They were just trying to keep up with everyone else.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #509 on: March 08, 2011, 05:52:58 AM »

They were just trying to keep up with everyone else.

XD40S;
   ..Or do you mean  keep it up ? ;) ;D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)