Author Topic: Democratic senators bail ship  (Read 60639 times)

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
Re: Democratic senators bail ship
« Reply #810 on: March 22, 2011, 11:58:25 AM »
Jobs should be put out to competitive bidding, and I mean competetive...without the state interfereing with the contractor's wage scale. 

and the selling off of state assets should as well.. oh wait Walkers  new bill takes competitive bidding away from that as well
He is all for no-bid contracts.

section 16.896 of the bill

"with or without solicitation of bids, for any amount that the department determines to be in the best interest of the state". 

Thanks Walker. You are truly a credit to your cronies.

Are you reading Scoot or what? The Bill says "With or Without"! That means just that. It is not eliminating bidding is an option. There you go again with the word games yet its right there in your own post!

So I suppose you are for bidding of these state worker jobs and you'll support same wording for these jobs! CORRECT? Today those are NO BID.

By the way: Not uncommon at all for business to have same type of written policy on bidding. Its optional depending on the situation. If it can be bid, it is. Somethings simply cannot be bid becasue of a variety of business reasons. No sense in wasting time, money and resource in those cases. As long as its documented and sound. The state will take the Bill and develop the circumstnaces around bidding and when it applies and when it does not statement. Just relax and now that we know you support bidding, we know you'll support same wording for all the labor jobs.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #811 on: March 22, 2011, 12:04:10 PM »
This is off topic, but sort of related. There have been 872 replies to this subject. I was wondering if the moderators can tell us if the number of replies is some sort of record?

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #812 on: March 22, 2011, 12:08:49 PM »
Still stuck at 22% of the signatures needed for a recall election. Only 78% needed yet. Maybe the liberal parasites should do like their brethren in Chicago and get some dead people on the rolls. It wouLdn't be much a stretch for a bunch of thieves who are to lazy to steal for themselves.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #813 on: March 22, 2011, 12:16:55 PM »
Jobs should be put out to competitive bidding, and I mean competetive...without the state interfereing with the contractor's wage scale. 

and the selling off of state assets should as well.. oh wait Walkers  new bill takes competitive bidding away from that as well

"with or without solicitation of bids, for any amount that the department determines to be in the best interest of the state". 

I'm betting alot of these assets to give away, were just fixed up by the taxpayers, or will be in the contracts to the new private sector lucky ones. Wrong, that is why Walker want to sell them, they need vast upgrades that will cost the taxpayers tens of millions.  Not to mention, he is doing what you want, selling assets to pay for deficit... But maybe not...In my region of the empire the taxpayers usually renovate these facilites before they are given away to the lucky ones, Also, number one union busting tactic is to go out of business, evryone laid off,,,,new owner starts up under new name but with no union....costs usually go up when no union is watching over the owners.  Ha, that is a laugh, costs go up when the union isn't watching over the owner! Man, you really have a twisted view of the world...

DDZ...sea of corruption..Okay that's where the governmnet can step in and work on straightening these things out..instead of destroying all.  Sorry, union won't allow that to happen... That is why it has come to this...

Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline DDZ

« Reply #814 on: March 22, 2011, 12:18:49 PM »

I'm betting alot of these assets to give away, were just fixed up by the taxpayers, or will be in the contracts to the new private sector lucky ones.  But maybe not...In my region of the empire the taxpayers usually renovate these facilites before they are given away to the lucky ones, Also, number one union busting tactic is to go out of business, evryone laid off,,,,new owner starts up under new name but with no union....costs usually go up when no union is watching over the owners.

DDZ...sea of corruption..Okay that's where the governmnet can step in and work on straightening these things out..instead of destroying all.
Petty corruption...Now just imagine the corruption you don't see because it is on a much grander scale..

..TM7

TM, where did you ever see the government step in and straighten anything out, without making the situation worse? Come on now, Seriously. I think you are smart enough to know better than that.   
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #815 on: March 22, 2011, 12:30:05 PM »
The corruption is already taking place TM4$7. The tax payers are getting robbed. Its called NO BID state worker jobs, departments, unreasonable pay, benys and pensions far above the private sector similar jobs/departments. Yet, you are  unwilling to speak out against that status Quo Corruption and assualt on the tax payers. There just stupid little people who Must PAY becasue the union said so!

I guess it all depends on whos running the empire and who's pockets are being lined, right TM4$7? Afraid of letting someone else run the empire that they might turn down or shut off that $$ spikot a flowin......your way...... ;)

I'm still waiting for ONE warehouse address that has all that cash you claim Walker has stuffed in it. This should make it easy.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&rlz=1T4SKPB_enNL390US402&q=%22obama's+law+degree%22&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&wrapid=tlif130082835897510&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #816 on: March 23, 2011, 05:32:25 AM »
The corruption is already taking place TM4$7. The tax payers are getting robbed. Its called NO BID state worker jobs, departments, unreasonable pay, benys and pensions far above the private sector similar jobs/departments. Yet, you are  unwilling to speak out against that status Quo Corruption and assualt on the tax payers. There just stupid little people who Must PAY becasue the union said so!

I guess it all depends on whos running the empire and who's pockets are being lined, right TM4$7? Afraid of letting someone else run the empire that they might turn down or shut off that $$ spikot a flowin......your way...... ;)

I'm still waiting for ONE warehouse address that has all that cash you claim Walker has stuffed in it. This should make it easy.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&rlz=1T4SKPB_enNL390US402&q=%22obama's+law+degree%22&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&wrapid=tlif130082835897510&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

So you're saying only UNIONs are capable of ripping off taxpayers or employers, politicians, and the so-called private sector never rip off or scam  citizens...??   Okay,,,I get it... ::) ::)

BTW,,,a hedge fund operator that skims $400 million per year off the 'bubble' for himself, or  power plant operator's skim an inordinate amout....is that a 'tax' you're willing to pay to the Gods of Corpo.....which represents about 20,000 jobs. Your slash and burn philosophy only makes society worse and worse on the way to the bottom.

..TM7

No I did not say that TM4$7. Answer the questions on this thread for once and give it rest on putting words in my mouth. The fact is those unions are ripping of the tax payers and there imbedded status inside the political machine is CORRUPTION. And just because I point out one form of corruption does not mean by some ridiculous assertion that I somehow support other forms of corruption. Only you could come up with such a farfetched planet Mars based conclusion. I don’t like any corruption.

You never answered the questions about all these jobs and departments run and empired by the unions, if they should be bid out? Yet you get all indignant because Walker wants the option added for asset sale contracts to have the bid or no bid option. I guess what’s good for the tax payers only applies to those non-union areas only. Well, isn’t that Interesting! Can you reconcile this for us?? Or is imbedded corruption just fine with you?

You never answered the question about all the cash that the state is allegedly sitting on and how this huge budget surplus came about? Where is this Money you claim? No worries I know where it is. It’s in the pockets of the union workers and their bosses and I have proof of it. Because it isn’t in any bank. All BS that you and Scoot had to advance to try and pick at the very foundation of the cause for cutting the budget which included union pay. If you can make people believe the state is Cash Rich, then the entire foundation for Walkers budget deficit argument goes out the door. Good try. The problem is, math don’t lie but people do.

This thread has nothing to do with Hedge Funds TM4$7. I never brought that subject up so don’t try and change it. Focus.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #817 on: March 23, 2011, 07:08:21 AM »
TM7,

Sure there are other corruption issues in Wisconsin and the rest of the country, but this issue is about the corruption, unethical, unreasonable, obtuse bargaining rights of the unions.  They have never given one red cent up without a fight no matter the rationale behind it.  Unions are outdated and unnecessary in the present day and truly only benefit the slackers of the world and union hierarchy.  Walker is doing the right thing, and the unions are using tactics that if conservatives would use they would be slaughtered for.  The lefty loons are an embarrassment to this country...
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #818 on: March 23, 2011, 07:57:51 AM »
TM7 has made it crystal clear. As long as there is corruption someplace, corruption is just fine if it works to his advantage or political agenda. The rest of the garbage response is well, just that, garbage. He even states that he's "allowed to make deductions from my writing". In other words, he's taking liberty at putting words in my mouth.

The points of fact are:
1. The Unions are corrupt and their imbedded status is corrupt.
2. The tax payers are being ripped off by the high pay/benys/pension of the Unions
3. The Union jobs and departments are NO BID.
3. The state does have a budget challenge/deficit problem

All the rest of the long winded bla bla bla we get as response is all diversion from the truth.

Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #819 on: March 23, 2011, 08:08:14 AM »
  From TM;
   "So you're saying only UNIONs are capable of ripping off taxpayers or employers, politicians, and the so-called private sector never rip off or scam  citizens...??   Okay,,,I get it... 

BTW,,,a hedge fund operator that skims $400 million per year off the 'bubble' for himself, or  power plant operator's skim an inordinate amout....is that a 'tax' you're willing to pay to the Gods of Corpo.....which represents about 20,000 jobs. Your slash and burn philosophy only makes society worse and worse on the way to the bottom."

A small reminder;
  You cannot simply ignore the union's graft, corruption, arrogance and intransigence...just because somebody, somewhere, is doing just as bad, if not worse.  We are talking about union corruption here; not about Bernie Madoff ! Lets stay on topic.  One organization's crookedness doesn't excuse crookedness practiced by another !
    Incidently, Bernie got what he deserved, and anyone else who does the same thing ..deserves the same treatment.
  That should go for thre union "Boss Hoggs" also !

Cabin4;
  I know just what you mean..I have already asked TM not to "paraphrase" what I say..simply because he uses that device to 'spin' the originals.  My words need not be paraphrased back to me ...they are my words and I already know what I meant when I said them !  ;) :D ;D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline scootrd

« Reply #820 on: March 23, 2011, 01:35:09 PM »
Unions are outdated and unnecessary in the present day and truly only benefit the slackers of the world and union hierarchy.  Walker is doing the right thing, and the unions are using tactics that if conservatives would use they would be slaughtered for.  The lefty loons are an embarrassment to this country...

Unions are not outdated and very necessary as they provide balance representing Labor when dealing with the Corporation Hierarchy who only see labor as a necessary evil and a debit on their balance sheets. Walker is doing the wrong thing, and is using tactics that if Liberals had used they would be slaughtered for.  (and DEMS similarly ramming through HC is a good example of how two wrongs don't make a right).

The Far righty and Far lefty Loons are an embarrassment to this country...

Cuts in public or private sector wages and benefits do not create jobs.  -  less wages, less to spend to boost ecomomy.
Deregulation does not create Jobs -  Deregulation is what got us into this deep recession to begin with. 
Cutting Govt Spending does not create jobs  - Less government spending reduces overall demand. GOVT spending is one of the largest catalysts for private sector growth.
Tax breaks for corporations do not create Jobs  - they increase the Deficit
Tax breaks for the rich does not create Jobs  - 25 plus years of Trickle-down economics hasn't worked.

If Washington elects want to start fixing the ecomomy how about starting with the housing MKT , investing in infrastructure, simplify our TAX system, and close loopholes that provide incentives and subsidies to Corporations that outsource American jobs overseas. .
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #821 on: March 23, 2011, 02:39:56 PM »
Ahhh Scooter - your unions, over regulation, environmental whacko's, etc are the reason jobs being sent overseas...  Not loopholes.

Onlhy people who are benefitting from unions are strongly in favor of unions, and for good reason.  They are a big portion of the sludge that is bringing this country down.  Such as the teachers union forcing school districts to buy health insurance from THEM!  Literally wasting millions for no good reason other than to fill the coffers of the worthless donkeys, who when it comes time to do their duties they run from the state like the little fleabags that they are.  Payback I guess to those noble unions...

And TM, you haven't asnwered why if Wisconsin is so flush with money that it would have to borrow 1.56 billion to pay unemployment to the bums who are sitting on their bums for 2 years...  You can pontificate all you want about the virtues of unions, all hot air as far as I'm concerned...
Buckskin

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #822 on: March 23, 2011, 02:58:45 PM »

C4 makes an assertion that Unions operation without bid...but that is an invalid comparison because they are hired labor.. In fact, 'collective bargaining' is one way effective management can steer or and set costs, and set expectations, and secure a labor supply..

The point that the State has a budget issue has not been adequately proven aside from emotional rants. I have presented concrete articles and links to prove  the State has little budget problems, and when CAFRs are considered Wisconsin is enviously plush...this fact has been selectively ignored in the union vendetta.

...TM7

Wrong again TM7. Some or most of those departments and corresponding jobs can be outsourced to a private firm in a bid process. Just like in the private sector. You and Scoot are so against the Option a No Bid deal at the state level, yet when it comes to state worker union run departments its strictly NO BID. The Highest form being Hypocritical. And that’s all there is on that.

You have not provided any “Concrete” articles that contradict the state financial issues and budget deficit. Let’s see a report that has been made public by the states independent accounting/auditing firm? States have their books audited by a 3rd party firm to maintain standard accepted accounting practice. I don’t want to see union propaganda or a Keith Olberman style written report. Let’s see proof. Because if you have this proof. People are going to jail and the charges should be forth coming from the Attorney General’s office of Wisconsin or the DOJ. Just like it happened in Bell California for that Township. I want to see this report TM7.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline scootrd

« Reply #823 on: March 23, 2011, 04:25:48 PM »
Wrong again TM7. Some or most of those departments and corresponding jobs can be outsourced to a private firm in a bid process. Just like in the private sector. You and Scoot are so against the Option a No Bid deal at the state level, yet when it comes to state worker union run departments its strictly NO BID. The Highest form being Hypocritical. And that’s all there is on that.

The only  thing I'm against is the disingenuous ploy that somehow busting unions and taking away peoples collective bargaining rights is all to balance budgets. At least finally they admitted it had nothing to do with balancing budgets at all and everything to do with 2012 elections campaign contribution strategies.

It's ok for Big corps to buy our politicians , influence our politics, and lobby unrestrained for big corp interests but they don't want to be challenged by the other side, and this ploy is to squelch the voice of the working middle class.  - that's the hypocrisy.

This is nothing more than republican class warfare against people who work for a living in favor of their elite corp base.

and I repeat  - 

Cuts in public or private sector wages and benefits do not create jobs.  -  less wages, less to spend to boost ecomomy.
Deregulation does not create Jobs -  Deregulation is what got us into this deep recession to begin with.
Cutting Govt Spending does not create jobs  - Less government spending reduces overall demand. GOVT spending is one of the largest catalysts for private sector growth.
Tax breaks for the rich does not create Jobs  - 25 plus years of Trickle-down economics hasn't worked.

and that is your economics 101 lesson for today.
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #824 on: March 23, 2011, 04:47:25 PM »

The only  thing I'm against is the disingenuous ploy that somehow busting unions and taking away peoples collective bargaining rights is all to balance budgets. At least finally they admitted it had nothing to do with balancing budgets at all and everything to do with 2012 elections campaign contribution strategies.

It's ok for Big corps to buy our politicians , influence our politics, and lobby unrestrained for big corp interests but they don't want to be challenged by the other side, and this ploy is to squelch the voice of the working middle class.  - that's the hypocrisy.

and I repeat  - 

and that is your economics 101 lesson for today.

The only thing disingenuous are your own words Scoot.
No one said its ok for corporation to buy off politicians.
The unions are still intact and no law proposed prohibits the state workers from current unionization or future unionization.
Your economic analysis is patently false and could not cut mustard in econ 101 class or a first grade math test. The problem is not that the government taxes too little, it spends too much. Thats how deficits get created. More going out then coming in. Not very complicated.
You screem bloody murder becasue a state law being proposed says as you posted "With or Without Bids" and then you write the law says NO BID. That is just a bold face lie. Yet you will not supprt Bidding of state union jobs or departments for outsourcing. Openly Hipocritical.

As I said earlier, this has been your and TM7s  Burger King. You have had it your way. Damn the facts, never answer questions, ignore math and any sence of econ discussion and post lies about what others say.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #825 on: March 23, 2011, 05:18:36 PM »
Scoot said;
"Deregulation does not create Jobs -  Deregulation is what got us into this deep recession to begin with".

Scoot; I really must take exception to that conclusion.....it was over regulation by an overreaching govt which started the crash !

Any sensible economist will admit that the big bust started in the housing industry, and the reason for that is clear.

Big "nanny state" decides everyone who wants one , should own a home !  No matter what, there are some folks who are just not cut out for home ownership.
  So the govt orders the banks to loan mortgage money to people who have no down payment  and in many cases, bought  much more home than they ever should have considered buying.
  The banks were rather duplicitous and went ahead and sold too much home to some folks.  However, they had their points also !  Had it been their choice and no govt guarantees, they would not have loaned mortgage money to many of them...or at least not near so much money, that they couldn't handle the payments....but the govt ordered them to do so AND the govt guaranteed the loan..
  So the buck stops with the big brother govt...who meddled with the free market system in the first place..

Let's face it..it is downright stupid to loan big money to somebody who has no down payment, because it will be many years before they have caught up enough to possess any equity in the place...so if times get tough..they desert the joint, because they actually owe more than their home is worth !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #826 on: March 23, 2011, 05:36:35 PM »
Scoot TM, If a union is such a good thing why is one FORCED to join when employed. Wouldn't that person want to join without any arm twisting?

Seems the types that run the unions are the same as the poverty pimps that are constantly keeping those that follow them poor and unemployable. The common theme is you can't do it on your own without me.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #827 on: March 23, 2011, 05:48:50 PM »
Carbineman;
  It always comes back to basic philosophies !  Conservatives like to allow people free choices, while liberals like to force THEIR own choice onto all the people they can... ;) :D

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #828 on: March 24, 2011, 03:24:04 AM »
Carbineman;
  It always comes back to basic philosophies !  Conservatives like to allow people free choices, while liberals like to force THEIR own choice onto all the people they can... ;) :D

ironglow, right you are. No one asked us if we thought that funding for public tv or the arts was something we wished to participate in. 

The future now holds that we'll all be in "timeout" anyway cause it seems now that one side of the "negotiations" will take it's ball and go home if things don't go their way. The conservatives will be able to add that to their playbook as well. Behold what happens when the well runs dry of other peoples money.

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #829 on: March 24, 2011, 04:17:22 AM »
After reading about how much the unions have spent on bussing in protestors, and pushing this event, if the teachers were smart, they would get the union to pay the difference that the state is cutting. The unions have more money to spare than the state. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #830 on: March 24, 2011, 07:59:35 AM »
Bla bla bla. All we get the picture. The tax payers just have to take what the unions and politicians decide in a secret room. The tax payers deserve no form of equitable due diligence in the foundation of the process. NO BID is the only way to go unless your non-union, then everything must be bid 100% even if it means wasting tax payer money.

The union will run the empire the way they want with the filthy politicians that to get both their pockets lined.

You Stand with Union labor. Got it . ::)

Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #831 on: March 24, 2011, 08:41:19 AM »
Blaming Unions for making the sky is falling scenario is deceptive and disingenous. TM7

I don't think anyone here is blaming the unions for the entire budget problem in Wisconsin or elsewhere. But they are one of the problems, that can be repaired fairly easily.  Problem is the union bosses are more against it than the union employees.  I know lots of union members who are sick and tired of the union bs and are more than willing to go to a free market approach when dealing with their livelyhood.  But alas they are forced to give money to the unions and the donkeys that they fund.  Tell me more about USSR tm7.....
Buckskin

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #832 on: March 24, 2011, 09:52:04 AM »
Bla bla bla. All we get the picture. The tax payers just have to take what the unions and politicians decide in a secret room. The tax payers deserve no form of equitable due diligence in the foundation of the process. NO BID is the only way to go unless your non-union, then everything must be bid 100% even if it means wasting tax payer money.

The union will run the empire the way they want with the filthy politicians that to get both their pockets lined.

You Stand with Union labor. Got it . ::)
Taxpayers can do what they like...I want to opt out but alas I'm being held hostage by the WDR, WEAC and the IRS. Just can't seem to do quite what I like.

Unions should not and can not be discriminated in this process, i.e. they decide they want to buy a power plant for example; and indeed they may have all the necessary criteria already organized to run such an operation esp a trained work force.....and be more qualified operators than bankers for example.
They should buy a power plant look what a good job they are doing running GM. (of course with somebody elses money again

..TM7

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #833 on: March 24, 2011, 10:52:03 AM »
I'm not sure what your point is. I'm guessing that what your eluding too, is that as long as one point(s) in the process is corrupt, perceived to be corrupt or out of alignment in some way shape or form, no one should look out for the tax payer. Because that has pretty much has been the message for the past 31 or so pages. The bottom line is: The issue on the table are the comp packages and bargaining rights of these union employees and its impact on the budget. The budget has too much spending in it and these comp packages represent a huge expense.  Most people believe they are over comps and their current right to collective bargaining is to over powerful at the negotiating table. Collective bargaining is what got us to these high comps to begin with. Realigning comp packages and bargaining rights to more closely  align with the budget is a perfectly reasonable thing to do. Otherwise, what’s the alternative? Increase taxes on the tax payers!! Why the heck should anyone in Wisconsin, person or business pay more tax so the state can continue to spend more? Makes no sense. But of course to address this, you guys came up with the ridiculous story that the state has hordes of cash. Making this claim and getting people to believe it, helps justify continued high compensation rates. The issue never get resolved and the tax payers continue to get screwed while the union workers compensation package continue to grow disproportionately.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #834 on: March 24, 2011, 11:42:25 AM »
The fact is, public employee unions and to a lesser degree, all unions have abused the patience of taxpayers and the buying public.  If they had been perhaps a bit less arrogant, a bit less smug and egocentric,  they may have generated a bit more empathy from those two abused groups.
  Truth is, those unions at this moment, stand at their Little Big Horn or Waterloo...take your pick !
            They could have avoided it, had they been more cocilliatory or understanding of the overburdened taxpayers. As Heraclitus said in approximately 550 BC..."everything flows"..
   It would undoubtedly be a good thing, were the corrupt unions and their leaders dispensed with at this time and new, more humble unions formed in the future as the need arises..

Offline scootrd

« Reply #835 on: March 24, 2011, 02:02:42 PM »
I'm betting alot of these assets to give away, were just fixed up by the taxpayers, or will be in the contracts to the new private sector lucky ones. Wrong, that is why Walker want to sell them, they need vast upgrades that will cost the taxpayers tens of millions. 

Wrong... he want's the no bid clause so the Koch brothers can pick up additional energy assets for pennies on the dollar.  It' his quid pro quo for them helping him get elected. Same as his eliminating collective bargaining .

funny how the elites only want a free MKT when it benefits them. When it doesn't suit them they are not above manipulating and stacking the deck so it does. 

"In an expansion of their political footprint, the billionaire Koch brothers plan to contribute and steer a total of $88 million to conservative causes during the 2012"

-bust the unions , eliminate the competition, and the competitive  match of dollars into the other guys coffers. 

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #836 on: March 24, 2011, 02:46:13 PM »
Soros holds a huge position in the Brazilian Oil company that Obama just gave $2billion of our tax dollars to for the development of off-shore drilling. Soros runs Move On.Org who gave enormous sums to the Obama campaign. The Obama administration has done everything they can to shut down domestic US oil production/drilling. Well, there it is scoot. I just found some corruption. So no problems should be solved until there is a single hard date when all the corrupt politicians and their accomplices agree all corruption should stop. Until such date is agreed upon, all corruption, assumed unfair and all unethical activity should continue.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline scootrd

« Reply #837 on: March 24, 2011, 04:50:19 PM »
Soros holds a huge position in the Brazilian Oil company that Obama just gave $2billion of our tax dollars to for the development of off-shore drilling. Soros runs Move On.Org who gave enormous sums to the Obama campaign. The Obama administration has done everything they can to shut down domestic US oil production/drilling. Well, there it is scoot. I just found some corruption. So no problems should be solved until there is a single hard date when all the corrupt politicians and their accomplices agree all corruption should stop. Until such date is agreed upon, all corruption, assumed unfair and all unethical activity should continue.

You have no argument from me , I have said all along corruption resides on both sides. You guys on this thread  are the ones that labeled me a Liberal parasite just cause I disagree with corp America funding a takeover of our govt. and our political process through the use their puppet politicians like Walker, and disagree on the single point of stripping collective bargaining away from Labor. I just want us all to be honest on whats really going on and lets not hide behind the BS of it's all about balancing budgets. It's about the Reps supporting their corporate base and quid pro Quo's.

DEMS just as bad as REP. If we want it cleaned up let's get the supreme court 5-4 campaign contributions decision reversed. 

I found this interesting

The Koch family has a long history of funneling money to the most extreme right-wing organizations and think-tanks.
John Birch Society (co-founded by father Fred Koch, American radical right-wing political advocacy group,
opposes aspects of the civil rights movement, opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1964,)

Koch Brothers recent contributions (there are 69 front groups), I just posted a few. and I am not suggesting they cant contribute to anyone they want , it's their money. What I am arguing is it's disingenuous to claim they are not trying to squash the competing unions under the guise of Free MKT and private sector vs private sector and all that BS . It's all about ensuring dems cant match funds for 2012 campaigns.  nothing more , nothing less.

Americans for Prosperity (AFP opposes labor unions, health care reform, stimulus spending,
and cap-and-trade legislation, which is aimed at making industries pay for the air pollution
that they create. support special interests for Tea Party)  $40 million in contribution in 2010

Cato Institute (libertarian think tank)$8,450,000

Citizens for a Sound Economy Foundation (FreedomWorks Tea Party) $6,025,375

George Mason University (A "magnet for right-wing money" notable for hosting over 40
libertarian research centers) $2,311,149

George Mason University Foundation, Inc. $2,074,893

David H. Koch Charitable Foundation(private unknown) $2,000,000

Fred C. & Mary R. Koch Foundation (private Unknown) $1,097,000

Heritage Foundation, (Right wing think tank to promote conservative public policies) The $1,004,000

Institute for Justice (US libertarian public interest law firm) $1,000,000

Bill of Rights Institute (promotes a conservative slant on the Constitution.)$992,000

Foundation for Research on Economics and the Environment ( offers expense paid seminars to CEO's and Federal Judges
seminars include "The Environment: A CEO's Perspective", "Liberty and the Environment: A Case for Judicial Activism"). $810,000

Reason Foundation, ("libertarian" think tank which challenges strict environmental regulations) $642,000

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #838 on: March 25, 2011, 03:56:51 AM »
I'll bet if you check, Walker is trimming back elsewhere too. The only reason you hear of this cut back, are the unions are squealing like baby pigs getting yanked off the teat.
We've had some serious cut backs here in Ohio, property tax's are way down,sales tax's. People just don't have the money to spend. Our local high school has eliminated bussing. We only have it for the elementary and middle schools. The high schoolers are learning to car pool, and parents are too. People are smartening up, because they have to. The gravy train is coming to an end, and times are getting tougher. John Wayne said it best, life is tough, it's even tougher if your stupid. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Forestclimber

• Trade Count: (38)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #839 on: March 25, 2011, 04:11:32 AM »
Why don't they just fire all the public employees and teachers.  Let them get jobs in a business that pays for itself.  Everybody can take care of their own roads in front of their houses and home school their kids.