Author Topic: Democratic senators bail ship  (Read 60464 times)

Offline jimster

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Democratic senators bail ship
« Reply #990 on: March 30, 2011, 10:44:19 AM »
Democratic Party   $814,980,026   
Republican Party   $616,705,661   

Too bad the unions just didn't give this money to the teachers, bet they could use it.  Helping the teachers is not exactly what the union have in mind.  Helping themselves seems more like it.

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #991 on: March 30, 2011, 10:54:50 AM »
The only union I felt  support from and needed to join was my local union. The AFT and NEA are a waste  and your right, all that money could be better used than to have my money going to these exorbitant salaries.

Offline scootrd

« Reply #992 on: March 30, 2011, 10:55:50 AM »
"So now corporate America can pump billions into influencing campaigns under free speech through 501(c) and the like ,  and once unions are busted they will not be challenged . Been my whole point all along. loss of equilibrium."

What you really mean is loss of advantage... Bummer for you and your union brethren.

Although for those of you in the unions who are worth your salt, you will probably be compensated more than you are now.  For you slugs just moving along with the tide, time to pay the piper... ::)

No Buckskin I mean loss of equilibrium. and they are not my Brethern , I am not part of a union. However I agree with their cause of not eliminating collective bargaining.

If it were up to me I would like true campaign finance reform. Not allow for PAC'S and special interests groups monies on either side into our political system. And I would not allow lobbyists at all. But again , that's not going to happen anytime soon.

based on that Supreme court ruling The amount of corporate monies going into 2012 is going to be ridiculous and corruptive to our political process  as a nation. What I want is fairness and balance , and less stagnation , and lets get on creating solutions for some very complex issues. 

You and Billy have done your best on this thread to label me far left , Liberal , slug , Parasite , all because i have disagreed with your particular stance on this single Issue and my MODERATE Republican views don't conform to your standards . Of course it's always far easier to attack the persons character than address the issues intelligently.( And that's why I tend to only gloss over your comments).

I have stated my views regarding and supported with factual data. You are free to disagree , that's your prerogative.  I didn't vote for the Dems , But I have also walked away from the Republicans because they have been usurped by far right nuts for exactly the reasons I have experienced from folks such as yourself while contributing to this thread .  We moderates either have to be with you 100% in all your views or we are against you 100%.

You are the perfect epitome  of Tea party- er  . Going to be a very small republican tent in the coming years as you all eat your own. Beohner and the other grown ups are already having difficulty keeping the children in line. 

"The person who agrees with you 80 percent of the time is a friend and an ally -- not a 20 percent traitor."
Ronald Reagan,

(radical) conservatives just don't get it.

I;m checking out to go shoot my Remmy for a while , I know it will be far more productive.
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #993 on: March 30, 2011, 12:32:06 PM »
"So now corporate America can pump billions into influencing campaigns under free speech through 501(c) and the like ,  and once unions are busted they will not be challenged . Been my whole point all along. loss of equilibrium."

What you really mean is loss of advantage... Bummer for you and your union brethren.

Although for those of you in the unions who are worth your salt, you will probably be compensated more than you are now.  For you people just moving along with the tide, time to pay the piper... ::)

Modified by moderator.  Please do not derail the thread with insults.  I've warned everyone already.  It's nice to have a thread that can go 36 pages here.  If you can't communicate without the need to insult, please find somewhere else to post.  Feel free to PM me if you need details.
This discussion is great. The amount of replies surely proves that. Please don't let the few name callers here cause this discussion to end. Just block them if they can't discuss in an adult manner.

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #994 on: March 30, 2011, 12:47:29 PM »
TM7 if you want me to address individual points of your theory, please make individual points.  If you want to assign to me what you think my theory is, then obfuscate, I'm going to move on with my day.
No obfuscating at all....I'm discussing your postulates you gave, and they don't seem to hold up. I gave you some discussion on my theory, history of unions, social contract, and a concept of natural order to ponder. Frankly, there is no concept of 'natural order' in these guys points of view, because there beliefs would not hold up very well during National Lawless Week. I kindly asked you to explain your theory more given that I don't think it is based in the reality of modern society, but instead being more a theoretical discussion. The reality is that human beings need food, shelter, security, redress for grievances, and some healthcare. I posit that there are those among this group that could not give two dimes for their fellow man as they are extremist in a dog eat dog world....that is their lot in life. Just look at the responses from some of these guys here...not compassion conservatives...just so-called conservatives; and they simply can not get that some human being may actually care about other human's quality of life...an unfathomable  foreign concept for them, but prefer a corporate adulation instead.

Because I genuinely asked you to expound on your theory, but instead you deferred not to expound or took the 5th, we will just have to consider you a hostile witness along with the rest... ;) 8) This is yet another reason Unions came about,,,to get justice out of the unwilling.

Believe me...they would bring back slavery if they could. National Lawless Week may be coming...

..TM7

*Sigh* 

There is nothing I've posted here or elsewhere that I am not willing and able to expand on.  I try very hard in my life to make sure I have a deep understanding of a question or issue before forming an opinion.

The problem is that you didn't offer anything of substance to respond to.  You assigned me a theory, injected "natural order" where it did not previously exist, and rambled.  I will note, to your credit, that you refrained from the use of fictional words most commonly found on websites for the tinfoil hat crowd.  I guess I should thank you for that.

I guess I'll try to tease some sense of meaning from you have posted.  For the record, my thesis is a simple one and it has been posted here many times:  People should be paid what they are worth to their employer.

History of Unions - I don't care.  Just like I can't understand why people get hung up on the history of anything else.  I once wrote at some length in a PM relating that I don't understand why some people choose to tie their own self esteem into the history of the Confederate States.  Frankly, I still don't understand.  But the history has nothing to do with my thesis, see above.

Social Contract - I didn't sign one.  If you have a specific contract you think I have signed, or should sign, please produce it.  We'll get to helping our fellow man below, but it doesn't related to my thesis, see above.

Natural Order - I've no idea what natural order you would like.  I've made fun of the, "Shut up or I'll punch you" crowd all my life.  I nearly got banned from this place a few years back over a disagreement with one particular guy who liked this kind of logic.  It is what I see as the, "natural order" though.  The biggest, strongest, fastest, etc...  The difference in human evolution is that intelligence has at least equaled, if not passed physical traits, and we exist as a society of laws where things like punching are generally frowned upon.

Which leads us to "Lawless Week" - I've also spent a great deal of time here explaining that one particular requirement of "good ideas" is that they should be possible.  When the, "Conservatives" suggest that we just shoot nuke the Middle East it is not an idea based in reality.  If your idea is not possible, it is not a good idea.  Lawless week is a fictional construct, and I haven't the slightest clue what it has to do with anything.  Just 2 posts back I stood up for the rule of law, and I will continue to do so. 

Finally I'm teasing out some type of "Common Man Needs Help" idea from you - I'm taking this idea from here:
among this group that could not give two dimes for their fellow man as they are extremist in a dog eat dog world....that is their lot in life. Just look at the responses from some of these guys here...not compassion conservatives...just so-called conservatives; and they simply can not get that some human being may actually care about other human's quality of life...an unfathomable  foreign concept for them, but prefer a corporate adulation instead.

I agree.  There are those who don't care.  There are those that only care if you have the same skin color, religion, and geographic preference.  There are those who care more about stray cats than people.  Such is the world.  No one, or rather, at least I am not, advocating that you cannot or should not help anyone you want.  If you make $100 today and you want to give $80 of it to the US government to care for those less fortunate, I think that is fantastic.  It's your money, if you want to burn it, eat it, snort it, hoard it, etc... who am I to care?  I have a great deal of respect for those of donate their time and money to worthy causes.  But there is a distinct difference between caring for others, and being forced to support others. 

I wonder if perhaps you are indirectly trying to get at the idea of social Darwinism.  If you were, perhaps we agree.  I recognise that there are social costs to a fair system.  And, as I said above, I think an idea must be possible to be a good one.  So while I think (and said previously) that the minimum wage is unfair, I'm not spending a great deal of time advocating it's total repeal.  The truth is that social harmony costs some money, and paying those worth $3.00 an hour more than twice that so they don't end up on the streets or in jail is a reasonable investment of society.  Plus a repeal is simply not going to happen. 

It is further true that attacking the unions will widen the distance between the top 1% of earners and the median.  I'm not here to dodge that reality, and I am personally concerned about the long term social unrest that may arise.  But, again, there are social costs to a fair system.

I too have read Ayn Rand.  I consider myself a free market Libertarian.  But the whole time I was reading Atlas Shrugged I was saying to myself, "Where was Ayn when the Cuyahoga River caught fire?"  Unrestrained capitalism is not a panacea that she made it out to be.  The question is, what is the maximum amount of freedom we can have as a society, and continue to exist as a society?

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #995 on: March 30, 2011, 12:50:03 PM »
Just heard from my BIL that the Ohio bill passed the state house. The union dominoes are falling. Hip hip hooray!
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline scootrd

« Reply #996 on: March 30, 2011, 01:20:47 PM »
Just heard from my BIL that the Ohio bill passed the state house. The union dominoes are falling. Hip hip hooray!

I believe you stated your BIL is an LEO.
 I wonder if your BIL knows under the initial bill  law enforcement and firefighters were exempt. But under the last minute modified House change,  the bill now includes binding arbitration for law enforcement and firefighters Which prohibit them from ever going on strike. Instead, the governing body could implement its own final offer.  So in other words if they don't like it tough , now they will just have to suck it up.  -  yep if I was an LEO that would sure make me celebrate.

So much for him ever seeing a future pay raise  or salary increase.

But no worry, The bill is headed for referendum... and the people will save him.
Ohio allows the law to be taken to the ballot box to ask voters to overturn it. Polls in Ohio and nationally have shown public support for collective bargaining. Ohioans oppose provisions in Senate Bill 5 by 48 percent to 41 percent. When asked about "collective-bargaining rights specifically," the opposition jumped to 54 percent.

If Gov. John Kasich signs the bill by April 6 the referendum would appear on the November ballot.

At least in Ohio , Democracy can play out, ultimately the people will decide.
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
« Reply #997 on: March 30, 2011, 01:47:11 PM »
The reality is that human beings need food, shelter, security, redress for grievances, and some healthcare. I posit that there are those among this group that could not give two dimes for their fellow man as they are extremist in a dog eat dog world....that is their lot in life. Just look at the responses from some of these guys here...not compassion conservatives...just so-called conservatives; and they simply can not get that some human being may actually care about other human's quality of life...an unfathomable  foreign concept for them, but prefer a corporate adulation instead.

Believe me...they would bring back slavery if they could. National Lawless Week may be coming...

Now who could argue with that..!?  Instead, we got corps zeroing taxes, off shoring, whining about labor and  this and that and freeloading,; yet purchasing maximum political influence....something is wrong... ::)

..TM7

TM, The unions don't care about anyone and the members only care about other members by default because they are in the same gang. Both only really care about themselves. The union is a tool for the members and the members are an income source to the union. So I would be careful about framing this up like unions are some humanitarian entity or the members of the union joined so they can serve some larger cause. The unions happens to be in control of the job so they can get the money from the members that must join. There is no caring about fellow man here. That’s all a bunch of trash. The members are out to get all they can even to the detriment to their fellow non-union mankind and at the peril of the state. Ponder that and ponder the original issue at hand that created this thread. Was it all caring about our fellow man or was it the unions and their members demands to maintain a level paycheck and collective bargaining??

I have been in the private sector my entire 30years of full time work. Never a union company in my current or past, only one factory location was union and the union drove it out of existence with their demands. Me, nor any employee of any of the 5 major corporations I have worked for ever went without an excellent paycheck, benefits and for many years a pension program. So I’m asking myself, did these corporations treat me and fellow employees like trash? We all made better then the unions even when I was in a labor position many years ago (1980 to 1984). We had a chance to vote in a union back then and it was a near full vote NO. We knew the union would only bring us grief, misery and strive with the company. We had everything we needed and felt treated and paid well. I have been in this industry sector now for 30 years, known of hundreds of employers  as suppliers and or customers and know of no place like you describe. Who are all these evil employers. I know they are out there somewhere, but is it the state of Wisconsin?

I have not seen any posts here advocating for the return of slavery either. Perhaps you can point those out. I must have missed that (Sgt. Schulz syndrome on my part I guess).

Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline scootrd

« Reply #998 on: March 30, 2011, 01:52:47 PM »
TM, The unions don't care about anyone and the members only care about other members by default because they are in the same gang. Both only really care about themselves. The union is a tool for the members and the members are an income source to the union.

And by association to the above statement , are you suggesting the corporations have the workers best interests in mind?

I suggest a corporations only interest is their bottom line as they must answer to their shareholders(which is the way it should be as they are a corporation) , Workers are a necessary overhead just as infrastructure costs , IT etc to a Corp.. to be placed in the debit column as a cost of needing to do business. so eliminate the union , eliminate the workers advocates, divide and conquer and keep the voices quelled , an old strategy that continues to play out. 

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #999 on: March 30, 2011, 01:55:55 PM »
You are right, there is no need for minimum wage.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The truth is that social harmony costs some money, and paying those worth $3.00 an hour more than twice that so they don't end up on the streets or in jail is a reasonable investment of society.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I continue to be confused :-\

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #1000 on: March 30, 2011, 02:27:06 PM »
TM7 wrote<<<Believe me...they would bring back slavery if they could.>>>>> End of quoted text.

TM7 that was unnecessary and totally uncalled for. You should be ashamed of yourself. It appears to me that though while you type a good game you actually look at the rest of us with contempt.

Let's get back to the topic.

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #1001 on: March 30, 2011, 02:29:32 PM »
TM- well done my boy. HERE - HERE.

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #1002 on: March 30, 2011, 02:43:38 PM »
The truth is that social harmony costs some money, and paying those worth $3.00 an hour more than twice that so they don't end up on the streets or in jail is a reasonable investment of society.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By what?  It seems straightforward to me.

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #1003 on: March 30, 2011, 02:48:53 PM »
First of all this natural order thing your preaching is insane.  The natural orderof things is that the strongest survive, the weak die or are terminated.  The human race has developed way beyond that, and having a union prop up people in that union that aren't pulling their weight is anything but the natural order of things.

Quote from TM7
"among this group that could not give two dimes for their fellow man as they are extremist in a dog eat dog world....that is their lot in life. Just look at the "
responses from some of these guys here...not compassion conservatives...just so-called conservatives; and they simply can not get that some human being may actually care about other human's quality of life...an unfathomable  foreign concept for them, but prefer a corporate adulation instead. "

Just because I expect my fellow man to be judged based on his work ethic, habits, history and talents instead of being paid based on how long he has been a union member and is given excessive benefits (like a guaranteed pension that he doesn't even have to pay into!) doesn't mean I'm not compassionate to my fellow man.  I would love it if everyone could succeed in life. Problem is, everyone doesn't want to or go through the pains to get there.  I have no problem helping someone who is down (I give plenty of my own money to charities every year that help people who want to help themselves or are down on their luck), what I do have a problem with is the organizations that protect those who do nothing for society and expect everything.

My apologies if I offended anyone with my posts earlier.  Although it should be noted that insults here have been stated beyond a single word "ie name calling", and which nearly everyone who has posted diligently here is guilty of.
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline Forestclimber

• Trade Count: (38)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #1004 on: March 30, 2011, 02:54:54 PM »
Somebody, please put this thread out of it's misery.

Offline DDZ

« Reply #1005 on: March 30, 2011, 03:07:41 PM »
I have little use for Ayn Rand as she is unbalanced and just says alot of interesting things.

TM I guess the book Atlas Shrugged goes against your idea of unions, and government fighting against greedy, profit seeking corporations. The villains instead are members of society who try to leech off of the hard work of others. Their only skill is in using government and unions to plunder off their fellow man.

In the novel Dagny Taggart is the brains behind Taggart Transcontinental, the largest remaining railroad company in America. She’s intelligent and strong, with a deep appreciation for hard work and earned success – a stark foil to her slimy brother and partner, who spends most of his time dealing with his “friends in Washington.”Dagny understands the power of personal responsibility and choice, and her actions illustrate the inherent logic of a free market society. In a scene that could have been written in response to today’s headlines, she exposes the crippling effects unions can have on the job market.

It is no surprise that you have disdain for Ayn Rand and call her unbalanced. The fact is that her book flies in the face of how you think the world should be.   
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #1006 on: March 30, 2011, 03:11:58 PM »
seem in the first line you say there is no need for mininium wage and than you give an example where it is needed . Did I miss something?

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #1007 on: March 30, 2011, 03:58:18 PM »
TM, The unions don't care about anyone and the members only care about other members by default because they are in the same gang. Both only really care about themselves. The union is a tool for the members and the members are an income source to the union.

And by association to the above statement , are you suggesting the corporations have the workers best interests in mind?

I suggest a corporations only interest is their bottom line as they must answer to their shareholders(which is the way it should be as they are a corporation) , Workers are a necessary overhead just as infrastructure costs , IT etc to a Corp.. to be placed in the debit column as a cost of needing to do business. so eliminate the union , eliminate the workers advocates, divide and conquer and keep the voices quelled , an old strategy that continues to play out.
I believe that overwhelmingly, most corporations do want to and do in fact treat their employees very well. They have to compete in the market place unlike the state does not. After all, those that develop those policies are employees themselves. Yes, corp./business care about the bottom line but if they don’t care for their top line (employees) they will suffer at the bottom. That’s the difference, unions don’t care about anything and apparently neither do these state union employees. No business can survive by operating the bottom line in the red endlessly. Only the government can get away with that BS by ramming higher taxes down the throats of its citizens or kicking the can down the road to the next generation. Which program is better I ask? I rather be with the business. At least I can go to sleep knowing that any unreasonable demands I may have made for a higher pay check did not come at the expense of my neighbors well being and his children. And while you may be quick to criticize business, remember that you cannot exist without it and your employer (the state) needs tax revenue from business and from income tax of its citizens, which originate from business…..

I do beleive in campaign finance reform to get all big money out of politics. That we can agree on. That is the institutional change that will help truley level this field. Only American citizens should be able to give and only a max amout of X.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline scootrd

« Reply #1008 on: March 30, 2011, 07:27:22 PM »
Wisconsin milestone reached -

Efforts to recall Republican State Senator Randy Hopper from Fon du Lac have reached another milestone, as organizers issue a call for volunteers to turn in any remaining petitions to be counted. Organizer Scott Dillman says he's sure they have enough signatures to trigger the recall.

one down , two to go.

Offline scootrd

« Reply #1009 on: March 30, 2011, 07:52:03 PM »
As I stated earlier , it's heating up in Wisconsin.

An Indiana deputy prosecutor and Republican activist resigned after the Wisconsin Center for Investigative Journalism uncovered an email to Gov. Scott Walker in which he suggested a fake attack on the governor to discredit union protesters.

“If you could employ an associate who pretends to be sympathetic to the unions’ cause to physically attack you (or even use a firearm against you), you could discredit the unions,” the email said.

Email headers with detailed IP addresses suggested that the message was sent from Indianapolis. Lam, an Indianapolis resident, at first told the Center he never wrote it. Reached Tuesday by phone at the number listed on the email, Lam confirmed his email address matched the Hotmail address appearing on the Walker email, but said he had never written to Walker. “I am flabbergasted and would never advocate for something like this, and would like everyone to be sure that that’s just not me,” he said, after being read the email. He said he was minivan-shopping with his family when the email was sent.

Expecting the story to come out that day, Lam called his boss, Johnson County, Ind., Prosecutor Brad Cooper, and told him he had been up all night thinking about it. “He wanted to come clean, I guess, and said he is the one who sent that email,” Cooper said.  He came into the office and gave his resignation verbally, Cooper told the Daily Journal in Franklin, Ind. The resignation was announced after the Center’s initial story was published.

Lam is the second Indiana prosecutor to resign over suggestions to use violence in Wisconsin.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #1010 on: March 31, 2011, 01:15:41 AM »
As I stated earlier , it's heating up in Wisconsin.

An Indiana deputy prosecutor and Republican activist resigned after the Wisconsin Center for Investigative Journalism uncovered an email to Gov. Scott Walker in which he suggested a fake attack on the governor to discredit union protesters.

“If you could employ an associate who pretends to be sympathetic to the unions’ cause to physically attack you (or even use a firearm against you), you could discredit the unions,” the email said.

Email headers with detailed IP addresses suggested that the message was sent from Indianapolis. Lam, an Indianapolis resident, at first told the Center he never wrote it. Reached Tuesday by phone at the number listed on the email, Lam confirmed his email address matched the Hotmail address appearing on the Walker email, but said he had never written to Walker. “I am flabbergasted and would never advocate for something like this, and would like everyone to be sure that that’s just not me,” he said, after being read the email. He said he was minivan-shopping with his family when the email was sent.

Expecting the story to come out that day, Lam called his boss, Johnson County, Ind., Prosecutor Brad Cooper, and told him he had been up all night thinking about it. “He wanted to come clean, I guess, and said he is the one who sent that email,” Cooper said.  He came into the office and gave his resignation verbally, Cooper told the Daily Journal in Franklin, Ind. The resignation was announced after the Center’s initial story was published.

Lam is the second Indiana prosecutor to resign over suggestions to use violence in Wisconsin.

Sounds like the underhanded stuff Chuckie Schumer and his Democrat henchmen were hatching up the other day, trying to find a devious way to attack the Tea Party and shut down the govt.
   Then they wonder why so many people have such a low opinion of career politicians  !!
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #1011 on: March 31, 2011, 02:50:42 AM »

I believe you stated your BIL is an LEO.
 I wonder if your BIL knows under the initial bill  law enforcement and firefighters were exempt. But under the last minute modified House change,  the bill now includes binding arbitration for law enforcement and firefighters Which prohibit them from ever going on strike. Instead, the governing body could implement its own final offer.  So in other words if they don't like it tough , now they will just have to suck it up.  -  yep if I was an LEO that would sure make me celebrate.

So much for him ever seeing a future pay raise  or salary increase.

But no worry, The bill is headed for referendum... and the people will save him.
Ohio allows the law to be taken to the ballot box to ask voters to overturn it. Polls in Ohio and nationally have shown public support for collective bargaining. Ohioans oppose provisions in Senate Bill 5 by 48 percent to 41 percent. When asked about "collective-bargaining rights specifically," the opposition jumped to 54 percent.

If Gov. John Kasich signs the bill by April 6 the referendum would appear on the November ballot.

At least in Ohio , Democracy can play out, ultimately the people will decide.

No scoot, you are quite confused, my BIL is not a LEO in Ohio he voted on the bill. And btw I don't think there is an election in November for this to be in the ballot.

Oh BTW your recall is still at 23% only a piddling 77% left, and then they signatures have to be verified, I would be willing to bet that after verification the number is under 15%.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #1012 on: March 31, 2011, 04:30:41 AM »
Again scooter relishes in the demise of any conservative and overlooks the tactics of the democrats and union thuggery that has taken place in the last month or so..  I thought moderate meant middle???? :o

From Milwaukee JS
Union threatens boycott of any business that doesn't show support

Members of the Wisconsin State Employees Union, AFSCME Council 24, have begun circulating letters to businesses in southeast Wisconsin, warning that they will face a boycott if they don't support collective bargaining for public employee unions.

The letters ask businesses to express that support by displaying union signs in their windows.

"Failure to do so will leave us no choice but (to) do a public boycott of your business," the letter says. "And sorry, neutral means 'no' to those who work for the largest employer in the area and are union members."

Not only will they boycott businesses that support Walker, they will boycott business that do not express their support for the unions!!!  It's no wonder why so many people are sick and tired of the union bs and do not only support their demise, they will celebrate it... ;D
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #1013 on: March 31, 2011, 05:18:42 AM »
Buckskin, I wonder if that means that the fire and police depts., will be slow to answer calls to business's that are burning or being robbed, if they know that the business didn't support their union idealology?? gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #1014 on: March 31, 2011, 05:57:25 AM »
Buckskin, I wonder if that means that the fire and police depts., will be slow to answer calls to business's that are burning or being robbed, if they know that the business didn't support their union idealology?? gypsyman

Unfortunately it would not suprise me. :-\
Buckskin

Offline scootrd

« Reply #1015 on: March 31, 2011, 11:10:23 AM »
btw I don't think there is an election in November for this to be in the ballot.

Better check your facts  ;)

In Ohio, you can put a referendum on the ballot for any piece of legislation. This blocks implementation until the outcome of the citizen veto. If the legislature waited until April 6 to pass the bill into law, that referendum would have been placed on the November 2012 ballot. As it is, with Gov. Kasich signing the  bill before April 6, it will go on the November 2011 ballot, alongside multiple municipal elections. And every municipal leader in Ohio, many of them with large contingents of public employees, will have to explain where they stand, in the midst of a re-election, on stripping collective bargaining rights from workers.

http://www.sos.state.oh.us/sos/upload/publications/election/2011ElectionCalendar_85x11.pdf

Under Ohio state's referendum law, opponents have 90 days from the time the governor signs the legislation to collect 231,149 signatures to get a referendum on the November ballot.

If they collect enough valid signatures from 44 Ohio counties within that time frame, the law wouldn't go into effect until voters approved as much.

So , as I said the good new is Democracy at work ..it will tuly be up to the people of Ohio to decide
1.) do they want a referendum. (the signatures will tell )
2.) do the want to veto ? (Their final public vote either for or against the signed bill. )

Offline scootrd

« Reply #1016 on: March 31, 2011, 11:13:50 AM »

There are ways to disagree and voice dissension , and there are ways not too.  I would hope LEO's  and firefighters remain professional on the job , while it all gets worked out either through the courts, ballot boxes , recalls or whatever other legal remedies they wish to utilize. .

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #1017 on: March 31, 2011, 11:19:11 AM »

I would suspect they will remain quite professional. there are ways to disagree and voice dissension , and there are ways not too.  I would hope LEO's  and firefighters remain professional on the job , while it all gets worked out either through the courts, ballot boxes , recalls or whatever other legal remedies they wish to utilize. .

You would hope so, but I don't have much faith in any unions acting professional after this last month or so of behavior, as the above exerpt from JSOnline represents...  Threats to business and wellbeing just because they don't show support of a certain view.
Buckskin

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #1018 on: March 31, 2011, 11:31:03 AM »
seem in the first line you say there is no need for mininium wage and than you give an example where it is needed . Did I miss something?
Now I'm curious- what did I miss??

Offline scootrd

« Reply #1019 on: March 31, 2011, 12:07:03 PM »
Here ya go C4 ..

How the Walker tax breaks will similarly play out in Wisconsin.  corporations have become  state pirate profiteers with the help of their corporate paid for Walker type puppet politicians. 

Fidelity Investments is a microcosm of what is happening to a large segment of the American economy.
Fidelity announced last week that it will close its offices in Marlborough and move almost all of the 1,100 jobs there out of state. But what's particularly appalling is that while the company has been slashing jobs in Massachusetts — from 13,000 in 2006 to 7,300 next year — its revenue rose 7 percent in 2010 to $12.3 billion and its operating profits climbed 17 percent to $2.9 billion.

Fidelity's announcement perfectly illustrates America's two economies, one that is recovering and one that is faltering.
The recovering economy is on Wall Street and in large corporations. Profits are soaring. Big companies are sitting on a trillion dollars of cash. But most Americans have been left behind,  They're without jobs, or their jobs pay badly, and their benefits continue to shrink. They're still buried under debt. Their economy hasn't recovered at all.

Corporations are profiting from sales in their foreign operations, especially in China and India. But the most important key to the rise in corporate profits has been reduced costs, especially payrolls. The result has been fewer jobs and lower pay. The Great Recession accelerated trends that started three decades ago — outsourcing abroad, automating work, converting full-time jobs to temps and contracts, undermining unions, and getting wage and benefit concessions from remaining workers. The U.S. economy is now twice as large as it was in 1980, but the real median wage has barely budged. Most of the benefits of economic growth have gone to the top.

As a result, the state Legislature should immediately revoke the tax breaks for Fidelity and other companies that have since slashed their workforces below the original requirements of the 1996 tax break. The Senate Committee on Post Audit and Oversight will be holding a hearing next week to examine the interactions between Fidelity Investments and the commonwealth.

"This is just another example of a private company fleecing the commonwealth at the taxpayer's expense," said Chairman Mark Montigny, D-New Bedford. "If corporations continue to ask and receive public benefits then they have a responsibility to act in good faith."

so let me get this right ,accept huge state tax breaks , slash jobs , hire contracted workers , reduce payroll and benefits , undermine unions and then still after all that outsource and move operations..  And some see no problem with this America. I hope Mass, can revoke their tax breaks to Fidelity.  - disgusting

as I said before  - 
"We the Corporations of the United federation of MobilGEFidelityGaspowerandlightBank of America, in Order to form a more perfect Union of revenue and profit, establish our justice over all others, insure domestic Tranquility for ourselves alone, provide for our own selfish gains, promote the general Welfare of our own needs above those of the peoples, and secure the Blessings of Wallstreet to ourselves and our top 1% , do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United corporations of MobilGEFidelityGaspowerandlightBank of America.

Lets just rewrite it and be done with it.