Author Topic: Democratic senators bail ship  (Read 60431 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: Democratic senators bail ship
« Reply #1140 on: April 05, 2011, 02:42:17 PM »
Scoot;
  I just don't believe the  Koch brothers give that much money to Republicans; that sounds more like Democrat 'spin'..  you will have to show me some credible links before I'll swallow that !  Then you try to say kochs support or 'own' the Tea Party..you seem very confused...getting your parties mixed a bit.  Perhaps it was the Bull moose party..
  Meanwhile, you manage to overlook some very large donors..such as the teacher unions..the NEA and the NFT..$56,000,000 and $12,000,000 respectively.   http://island-adv.com/2011/03/democrats-scramble-to-save-their-1-donor-the-teachers/
   Then comes AFL-CIO and SEIU.   SEIU alone contributed $75,000,000 tp Obama in 2008.  If you're concerned with undue influence, you ought to start with the unions..who contributed $ 400,000,000 to Dems in 2008 !
  http://masspartyoflabor.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=23:it-started-with-obama&catid=6:cmpl-news&Itemid=9
     Then along comes billionaire Soros (Obama's master) and perhaps a Warren Buffet..  No wonder Obama boasts that he will have $1,000,000,000 campaign kitty for 2012. 
  If outrageous donations are a crime to you...you better start looking closer to home !

Here's the crowd to start examining for outrageous donors...including the usual union thugs..
worth a read...
  http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1110/45260.html

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
« Reply #1141 on: April 05, 2011, 03:16:34 PM »
Koch Brothers plan on spending 88 million dollars in 2012 elections. (hey and if they get their way no Union competative $$$) Even Ron Paul today stated Politics, political influence,  and the Tea party has become "corpratized "( his word not mine ).  When the man who is credited with the inception of the Tea Party, as a grassroots movement, says it’s now corporately owned, it’s worth Listening.

Welcome to the buying of democracy unabated.

There are none so blind...

Big deal. And what that have to do with the price of milk?

How much is Sorus. Moveon.org, AFLCIO, SIEU, and other unions in general givng to the dems??? Oh I forgot, contributions from these sources and other leftist organizations are exept from criticisam. Or is this a push for republican campaign finance reform only?

Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline scootrd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1142 on: April 05, 2011, 07:53:58 PM »

Here's the crowd to start examining for outrageous donors...including the usual union thugs..
worth a read...

Since you used a politico link I'll use one as well

Kochs brothers' plan for 2012: raise $88 million

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0211/49303.html

or this one

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/02/11/6032776-2012-koch-brothers-plan-to-spend-88b-

or  this one

http://kochwatch.org/index.php?q=node/116

once the Koch et al corporate paid for puppet politicians help Kill those bad bad unions.. That 88million should go a lot further with the help of the chamber of commerce , Super Pacs, 501c's and  Karl Rove's corporate Super pacs.  Welcome to the  buying of the 2012 elections.   
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline scootrd

« Reply #1143 on: April 05, 2011, 08:23:50 PM »
Milwaukee County Exec Voting results  - 

Independent Chris Abele defeats Republican Jeff Stone with a resounding 61% of the peoples vote .

Here is your referendum on Walker politics loud and clear from the people.   

"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline Pat/Rick

« Reply #1144 on: April 05, 2011, 09:15:36 PM »
It all boils down to.............nothings gonna change.

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #1145 on: April 05, 2011, 09:50:53 PM »

Independent Chris Abele defeats Republican Jeff Stone with a resounding 61% of the peoples vote .

Wow- an independent wins the county executive job over the incumbent! So now he gets to tell the county dog-catcher where to go- that must be worth at least a 45 percent raise!

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #1146 on: April 05, 2011, 09:53:10 PM »
ummmm- what does the "county executive" do exactly?

Offline DDZ

« Reply #1147 on: April 06, 2011, 12:32:50 AM »
Not real sure Mirage, but I'm willing to bet a pay check that its just another one of those useless tax payer funded positions, where the person that holds the position just drives to an office and sits on his can.

Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #1148 on: April 06, 2011, 02:41:34 AM »

If I were a Republican, I would take great comfort from this vote !  Milwaukee co is a very Democrat oriented county. See map below, ...second blue block from bottom on right side is Milwaukee county.  Some even call this area "the people's republic" of Milwaukee.
     Now, consider this; voters in this heavily Democrat county, voted heavily for the independent.  Guess they couldn't bring themselves to support the Republican...but where's the Democ-rat in this race ?  So how do the percentages come out when it is the Democ-rat vs Republican in this contest.
    It nis probably worth noting, Abele spent personal millions in the race...and ran as a political outsider..

Oops !  One small fact you forgot to mention.. The Democ-rats all washed out earlier in the race;
  http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/116372539.html       hmmm..looks like this wasa more of an "anti-establishment"  vote, more than anything...for sure though, the voters wanted Democrats even less than they wanted the Republican.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #1149 on: April 06, 2011, 03:29:45 AM »

Yep and Milwaukee is going to get what's coming to them... And I could give a rats behind.  If they want to drive Milwaukee into Detroit's image fine by me.
They elected an idiot who knows nothing of governing and had lived off of Daddy's money his whole life, and spent 4x what Stone did.  Can't wait to watch this one unfold!
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #1150 on: April 06, 2011, 03:38:57 AM »
So where is the outrage in the State Scooter that you were referring?  Supreme court race is a dead heat and the liberal candidate ran on attacking Walker...  The liberal activist will probably win because their is going to be a recount and the liberals cheat every chance they can get, but it sure doesn't look like Walkers plan is being reject as your "polls" indicate.  Take out all the freeloaders in Milwaukee and Madison, throw out all the brainwashed college kid's and it's a landslide for Prosser....  Oh yeah, don't forget about the voting fraud!  Prosser would win straight up if it wasn't for fraud.

After this election I still have faith in the people of this State... The constitution will prevail in spite of the liberal activists that have infiltrated the area.
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #1151 on: April 06, 2011, 04:16:25 AM »

worth a read...

or this one

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/02/11/6032776-2012-koch-brothers-plan-to-spend-88b-

or  this one

once the Koch et al corporate paid for puppet politicians help Kill those bad bad unions.. That 88million should go a lot further with the help of the chamber of commerce , Super Pacs, 501c's and  Karl Rove's corporate Super pacs.  Welcome to the  buying of the 2012 elections.

Scoot;
  That article claims that the Koch bros plan on "raising" 88 milllion, which carries a different inference than "spending" 88 million..which seems seems to imply they are spending wholly their own money , which  is a different picture.
     Still, that is dwarfed by the 400 million "spent" by the unions in the last presidential election.

Guess it's no surprise then that Obama uses our money to buy out the auto companies...and give part of them to the unions..
  He pays his bills with our money..

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #1152 on: April 06, 2011, 05:26:51 AM »

worth a read...

or this one

or  this one

bla bla bla........

Once again. Just another example of someone complaining about the opposition raising political money. They all do it. And you would not be complaining if Koch was raising money to fight Walkers law. So all this is just trash talk.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline scootrd

« Reply #1153 on: April 06, 2011, 06:06:10 AM »

Once again. Just another example of someone complaining about the opposition raising political money. They all do it. And you would not be complaining if Koch was raising money to fight Walkers law. So all this is just trash talk.

Actually , that's not a true statement. And absolutely not my position.

I would be complaining. I find the Citizens United ruling by Supreme court blocking the ban on corporate political spending to be dead wrong. Neither Unions nor corporations should be allowed to influence our politics by ungodly sums (which is what this whole issue is really all about).

The point I'm making is stripping unions only tilts the balance to be all one sided towards the corporations, this is the republican agenda and always has been. At least with unions in the mix ..it's still wrong but at least balanced.

As I have said all along in this thread, The real issue is the 5-4 ruling and it needs to be challenged and overturned so we can all get back to some semblance of not having our political campaigns hijacked.

The Brennan Center for Justice at the New York University Law School estimates interest groups spent more than $3.5 million on TV ads, breaking the $3.38 million record set in the 2008 Gableman-Butler contest, with four conservative groups backing Prosser spending a total of 37% more than one liberal group backing Kloppenburg.

It's all disgusting

Offline scootrd

« Reply #1154 on: April 06, 2011, 06:19:11 AM »
As of 11 AM central time

Supreme Court race still too close to call, Kloppenburg has narrow lead

447 votes separate the two candidates.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/119308059.html

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #1155 on: April 06, 2011, 06:51:21 AM »
As of 11 AM central time

Unfortunately it makes no difference who is ahead.  There will be a recall, the liberals will find a pile of ballots that weren't counted not including all the fraud that likely has already taken place, it will be taken to the courts and a liberal judge will rule in favor of the liberal counterpart.  Just like what happened with the Senate race in Minnesota where that moronic comedian stole the race... But I'm sure that is just fine with you...

Again Scoot, where is the overwelming outrage against Walker that your polls were touting???  A dead heat race certainly doesn't exhibit that...
Buckskin

Offline scootrd

« Reply #1156 on: April 06, 2011, 07:18:16 AM »
Buckskin ,
What you cannot seem to fathom is this far right wing agenda has awoke a sleeping Giant , As more and more upcoming elections move forward you will see the shift to moderates,  whether they be moderate Republicans or Moderate Dems. America has grown weary of the extreme isms on both sides at local, state, and federal levels.

Look AT Boehner right now , He looks tired trying to keep the children in line, He goes back to his caucus and announces no deal yet and GOVT may shut down , and the idiot tea partyers applaud.  Lets applaud military families not getting their check , or folks not getting their tax rebates if GOVT shuts down etc..

The right wingers are a bunch of nut jobs, and the only folk who think thay are not are those that are part of the fold.

example -  grade schoolers learn

US Constitution – Article 1, Section 7, Clause 2:
Every bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the Senate, shall, before it become a law, be presented to the President of the United States…

yet on March 30th  - 
The GOP passes a bill that declares if a bill is is passed by the house and the Senate doesn’t act on it , that is automatically becomes Law.

How ridiculous is that. This was done to appease the tea party extremists. Passage of a bill to nowhere, that will never become law,  only to appease far right. Boehner and the other republican adults have been hijacked by a bunch of nutjobs.

Aand if you cant see it ..well then welcome to the fold

Offline scootrd

« Reply #1157 on: April 06, 2011, 07:36:30 AM »
As of 11 AM central time

Unfortunately it makes no difference who is ahead.  There will be a recall, the liberals will find a pile of ballots that weren't counted not including all the fraud that likely has already taken place, it will be taken to the courts and a liberal judge will rule in favor of the liberal counterpart.  Just like what happened with the Senate race in Minnesota where that moronic comedian stole the race... But I'm sure that is just fine with you...

Again Scoot, where is the overwelming outrage against Walker that your polls were touting???  A dead heat race certainly doesn't exhibit that...

Abele won Walkers old Job replacing republican Stone with 61% I say that's a very strong indicator of where it's heading additionally, Walkers overall approval rating has fallen to 43% .

Offline Dixie Dude

« Reply #1158 on: April 06, 2011, 07:56:11 AM »
Scootrd, congress has in place provisions already if the Government shuts down, the military and Social Security checks will continue to go out as they were deemed necessary.  Other stuff, like commerce, education, transportation, environment, Nasa, OSHA, interior, ect, arts, foreign aid, UN money, agriculture, will be shut down.  States run their own education departments but will not be getting fed money during this time.  Same with transportation.  I think it needs to be shut down for a month or two, to let the average people know how little they need to government interfering in their lives.  The Senate (controled by dems) are SUPPOSED to provide a BUDGET.  The House of Representatives (controled by the GOP) has provided a budget.  Then committes from each are to iron out a compromise budget for Obama to sign.  This shutdown is not because of the TEA party, but the Dems haven't even offered up a budget to even haggle over.  Hypocrits  for putting blame on the TEA party.  Both sides know they are going to have to cut the budget or raise taxes, no way out of that.  Raising taxes too much is counterproductive for economic growth.  Cutting too much out of SS will hurt older people dependent on it.  Welfare can keep able bodied people on for 2 years, that might need to be cut to 6 months especially if they don't take advantage of free schooling during this time and if they flunk out, they don't get welfare.  There are usually plenty of fast food jobs changing hands all the time. 

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #1159 on: April 06, 2011, 08:17:58 AM »
Buckskin ,
What you cannot seem to fathom is this far right wing agenda has awoke a sleeping Giant , As more and more upcoming elections move forward you will see the shift to moderates,  whether they be moderate Republicans or Moderate Dems. America has grown weary of the extreme isms on both sides at local, state, and federal levels.

Moderates??? That lefty loon you voted for Supreme Court has no business being a justice and you know it!  But you and all of your cronies bought into her lock, stock and barrel just because of Walker???  She will be ruling over many more issues than your petty union squabbles, and will rule by politics not by the constitution.  And the guy she will replace??? Where did he go wrong on the bench?? Give me one ruling where he didn't use the constitution as his guide. ONE!
Of all the propaganda used against him, none of it was based on his ruling aside from the priest sexual assault case from 20 years ago that was all BS as stated by the kids involved.  Moderate my butt...
Buckskin

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #1160 on: April 06, 2011, 08:52:34 AM »
It's too bad wisc doesn't require ID at the polls. Like in minnesota these close races would have a different outcome if voters had to show that they actually are legal residents of the state.

Offline scootrd

« Reply #1161 on: April 06, 2011, 09:05:39 AM »
This shutdown is not because of the TEA party, but the Dems haven't even offered up a budget to even haggle over. 

DD I disagee, The Republicans asked initially for 32 million , Dems agreed , then they came back and asked for 60 + million , Dems agreed. yet because the cuts are not the exact same cuts in the same areas of the budget the republicans wanted , each side is unwilling to give and take. The bottom line is Dems have agreed to the cuts (just as in Wisconsin they agreed to the fiscal issues) .. and I bet $$ to donuts beohoner would agree and move on But that is not satisfying the tea party.  Beohner knows there are bigger issues ie: the 2012 budget . if it were not for the team party folks in the caucus who somehow are getting a kick out of pushing for a shutdown, he would be done with it. They are now arguing only ideological points as to where the cuts should come from (and its silly as its only 12% of last years budget). but both sides already agreed to the overarching figure. Just make the cuts for 60 70 mill with each side giving up a little and move on to bigger issue. 12% is a drop in the bucket and their are bigger issues to discuss and solution.

The problem for Beohnor is , the children are running amok (the freshmen tea party folks)  and the republican adults are having a hardtime keeping the party together with these wingnuts running amok applauding and hoping for a shutdown. The Republicans are a tent divided with the extreme elements holding the party hostage.

Boehnor looks tired.

As Reagan stated :

I have no expectations of making a hit every time I come to bat. What I seek is the highest possible batting average. If you got seventy-five or eighty percent of what you were asking for, I say, you take it and fight for the rest later, and that's what I told these radical conservatives who never got used to it.

Offline scootrd

« Reply #1162 on: April 06, 2011, 09:24:29 AM »
Buckskin ,

Moderates??? That lefty loon you voted for Supreme Court has no business being a justice and you know it!  But you and all of your cronies bought into her lock, stock and barrel just because of Walker???  She will be ruling over many more issues than your petty union squabbles, and will rule by politics not by the constitution.  And the guy she will replace??? Where did he go wrong on the bench?? Give me one ruling where he didn't use the constitution as his guide. ONE!
Of all the propaganda used against him, none of it was based on his ruling aside from the priest sexual assault case from 20 years ago that was all BS as stated by the kids involved.  Moderate my butt...

don't miss construe what I stated , Prosser probably never did any thing wrong, and I never said he did. this is backlash for Walker over-reaching and the public is angry. As I said He awoke a sleeping Giant (The mainstream middle class folks of America), and I am sure there will be more reprecussions now. You can win a battle and lose a war. 2012 elections are going to be interesting.

And why would you say "you and all of your cronies"?  I didn't vote for her , - and I didn't say she was even moderate ,  But Wisconsin did vote for her cause they are trying to send a message. They want moderation , and bi-partisanship and govt working together, and the only way to send that message was through this ballot .  Prosser is just collateral damage , just as the public workers are collateral damage in a much larger ideological tug of war.

The question is will the Walkers of the world  and the folks on the Hill on both sides of the isle  get the message, take heed  and start governing and legislating more from the center,  and less from either extreme fringes??.

You appear to keep trying to personalize this as I am a democrat just cause I disagree with your stance of Walker stripping collective bargaining. which I do.  I am just as angry,  that the republican party I grew up with has been hijacked by a bunch of loons. Now if you want to argue I am against the republican Gov's  stances and their extreme far right agendas for America- so be it I'm guilty as charged. All I know is these wingnuts have made it that much harder for the republicans in 2012.

Sometimes folks just need to learn a lesson the hard way. I've no doubt the pendulum will swing back to center eventually. But until it does I can no longer be part of a misguided party. 

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #1163 on: April 06, 2011, 09:46:16 AM »
[quote author=scootrd link=topic=227932.msg1099293821#msg1099293821
this is backlash for Walker over-reaching and the public is angry. As I said He awoke a sleeping Giant (The mainstream middle class folks of America), [/quote]

That’s ridiculous. The only ones angry are the unions and those few who have been hood-winked by the mass media. They are a willing accomplice to the union propaganda machine. Incidentally, I live and work in liberal California. I can tell you for sure it don’t have people angry out here. Even people that I know who are liberal think your state union situation in WI is union worker greed. I have yet to talk to one person here who thinks your union and its workers are correct. What your hearing are those screaming loudest. They are the few, but the voice is loud so it plays well for the liberal press and they love higher taxes and waist full government spending. People who vote, they pay taxes and they are not as stupid as all the union thugs and liberals think. They know the union has been holding the state and its tax payers hostage for years on end. They want/voted for a change last Nov not for the same union, government bogus.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline scootrd

« Reply #1164 on: April 06, 2011, 09:50:08 AM »
    this is backlash for Walker over-reaching and the public is angry. As I said He awoke a sleeping Giant (The mainstream middle class folks of America),

Even people that I know who are liberal think your state union situation in WI is union worker greed.
    [/quote]

I disagree,  and a national majority of Americans disagree as well.

Pick a poll , any poll...

• A new Rasmussen Reports shows that just 39% favor weakening collective bargaining rights and 52% are opposed.
    • New your times poll 60% opposition to “taking away some of the collective bargaining rights of the unions.”
    • Gallup asked a similar question and found 61% opposed.
    [/list]

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
    « Reply #1165 on: April 06, 2011, 09:59:07 AM »
    Scoot-
    Unfortunately the majority of americans also receive a handout from the gov't, but does might make right? The decisions we make daily are made by our moral compass, not by what the "majority" think we should do, don't you agree?

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
    « Reply #1166 on: April 06, 2011, 10:08:06 AM »
    this is backlash for Walker over-reaching and the public is angry. As I said He awoke a sleeping Giant (The mainstream middle class folks of America),

[/quote]

It's no giant, as Cabin said it's just those screaming loudest.  As tragic as it is that our Supreme Court is going liberal, she only won a couple hundred votes including the fraud.  That is only 2% less than  that of which Walker won by. If this giant existed, she would have won in a landslide...

And your telling me you didn't vote for her huhh...  And your in favor of Abele??? Can you say transparent? ::)
    Buckskin

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
    « Reply #1167 on: April 06, 2011, 10:09:57 AM »
    Scoot-
    Unfortunately the majority of americans also receive a handout from the gov't, but does might make right? The decisions we make daily are made by our moral compass, not by what the "majority" think we should do, don't you agree?

Unfortunately there is no moral compass guiding liberals.
    Buckskin

Offline scootrd

« Reply #1168 on: April 06, 2011, 10:11:52 AM »

It's no giant, as Cabin said it's just those screaming loudest.  As tragic as it is that our Supreme Court is going liberal, she only won a couple hundred votes including the fraud.  That is only 2% less than  that of which Walker won by. If this giant existed, she would have won in a landslide...

And your telling me you didn't vote for her huhh...  And your in favor of Abele??? Can you say transparent? ::)
    [/quote]

yes correct I didn't , but I can say  and what I did say is .. it's a message and the extreme right better wake up, or they may win some of the smaller battles and lose the bigger war 2012.  The majority of Americans have spoken leave collective bargaining alone.

Aand just in case the message isn't clear enough, or is continuing to fall on the Walker corp puppets deaf ears now there is still the recalls to contend with.

Offline scootrd

« Reply #1169 on: April 06, 2011, 10:30:56 AM »
    Scoot-

Unfortunately there is no moral compass guiding liberals.

"Dictators ride to and fro upon tigers which they dare not dismount. And the tigers are getting hungry."
    — Winston Churchill