Author Topic: So called Christian churches let muslims use the church to worship THEIR god.  (Read 1915 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
The U.S. Christian community is divided over whether or not to allow Muslims to use their churches as prayer space -- something that two Protestant churches have already done.

They see it as their Christian duty. But others disagree, saying it extends the hand of fellowship where it was never intended to go.
Two Protestant churches are taking some heat from critics for opening their church buildings to Muslims needing places to worship because their own facilities were either too small, or under construction.
Heartsong Church in Cordova, Tenn., let members of the Memphis Islamic Center hold Ramadan prayers there last September. And Aldersgate United Methodist Church in Alexandria, Va., allows the Islamic Circle of North America to hold regular Friday prayers in their building while their new mosque is being built.
Diane Bechtol of Aldersgate says this is something Christians are called to do: Be neighborly and develop relationships - even those who don't share your beliefs.
"I think it's a tenet of our Christian faith, and that is that we extend hospitality to the stranger,” said Bechtol. “We are a congregation that wants to be helpful to people and if we are asked to help a neighbor in need, that's what we do."
But Dr. Alex McFarland, a Christian theologian and radio host, charged these churches “have crossed the line from respect and tolerance, to ... affirmation and endorsement.
"We as the church are called to show love, we're called to help. But to let a building simultaneously be used for the activities of a mosque and also the activities of Jesus Christ, it's just incompatible. And I think it's one more example of political correctness and hyper-tolerance gone awry."
Mohamed Elsanousi adamantly disagrees, saying it’s good for the country to know churches like these are extending a hand to Muslims.
Elsanousi is National Community Outreach Director of the Islamic Society of North America. He says "allowing people the freedom of worship is respectful and strengthens the relationship."
Elsanousi says there are many churches and even synagogues in America where Muslims share space with Christians. “We feel good about it,” he says.
That trend may continue as the Muslim population across the U.S. continues to grow.
Mosque construction is at an all-time high. As of September, there were 1,897 mosques in the United States, a 57 percent increase since 2000.
Several of those building projects have caused friction with local communities. According to the Pew Forum, there are 35 proposed Mosques and Islamic centers that have encountered resistance. The most prominent, the Ground Zero mosque, is just two blocks from the World Trade Center site.
Dr. Jason Hood, an Evangelical theologian, says there are other ways Christians can share the love of Christ without building a bridge too far. "Caring for Muslim refugees is particularly important,” he says, along with "sharing meals and recreational opportunities."
Heartsong's relationship with its Muslim neighbors has developed into an annual Thanksgiving meal between the two faiths, and the use of a joint 15-acre community park.
Steve Stone, Heartsong's senior pastor, wrote in Christianity Today that "No thought at all was given to the political ramifications … The decision was firmly based only on our understanding of the mission and nature of the church." He also pointed out that "there was no trading of theologies. They are Muslims; we are Jesus followers; both of us are clear about that."
But McFarland says it's good to remember the "political ramifications" of Muslim-Christian interaction.
"What if we went to Muslims and said 'Hey, can we use your mosque for the worship of Jesus, the incarnate son of God, the one that said 'no one comes to the Father but through him.' I doubt there would be a lot of reciprocity’."
McFarland says the groups run the risk of creating something called “Chrislam” - a combination of the two faiths that essentially ignores the big white elephant in the room: the exclusive claims of both Christianity and Islam.

DISGUSTING. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Lost Farmboy

• Trade Count: (4)
Heartsong Church in Cordova, Tenn., let members of the Memphis Islamic Center hold Ramadan prayers there last September. And Aldersgate United Methodist Church in Alexandria, Va., allows the Islamic Circle of North America to hold regular Friday prayers in their building while their new mosque is being built.

DISGUSTING. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

I agree
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Offline Lost Farmboy

Dr. Jason Hood, an Evangelical theologian, says there are other ways Christians can share the love of Christ without building a bridge too far. "Caring for Muslim refugees is particularly important,” he says, along with "sharing meals and recreational opportunities."

I agree
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
And the slide to heathenism continues.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Pat/Rick

I quit going when all the "hate the sin love the sinner" pro homo stuff, and acceptance of homo ministers, started going around. May not for be for me to judge, but it is on me to decide the difference between religion and what I view as perverted indoctrination. This only adds to it IMO.

Offline Brewster

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
and you guys deny the existence of a "christian" taliban?  You is it.

Offline Lost Farmboy

Please explain.

Offline Gary G

The church is the people. The building is just that, a building. Nothing holy about a building. If the church there is not participating, that is good.

I probably would be against it for other reasons. Public perception perhaps.
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
The church building is no different than any other building.  If it helps cover cost to rent it out, who cares?
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Dee

God says: To put no other gods before ME. A church building in most occasions was built using the TITHES TO GOD, so although the building is not the church, the people are, the building BELONGS TO GOD, as does everything else.
When God says to put no other gods before him, that means promoting other gods, by furnishing them a place to promote these false gods. We don't judge them, but we do recognize them, and not participate. To allow such a practice (or condone it) is much like driving the get away car in a bank robbery. You didn't actually go in and do the robbery. Or did you? Allowing a church to be used for heathen worship is much the same as the money changers in the Temple, which Christ cleared out using a whip.
Although Salvation is a "gift of God's sacrifice" it is far from free. There ARE stipulations, and requirements.

Christian Taliban? How sad to live in a country that's very freedom is derived from a Christian based Constitution and Bill of Rights, yet criticize and deny the "Benefactor" of those rights and freedoms.
The Bema Seat of Christ, or the White Throne of Judgement. That's a choice too, but it must be made here on earth. Later is too late.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline PA-Joe

• A Real Regular
If there is only one GOD then there is only one. He does have many names in many lands. Did you know the Muslims also believe in the triad-nature of GOD, just like Christians do? It is good that there is only one God that everyone can serve. It is lucky for us that only God can judge the true believer!

Offline Pot-Bellied Stallion

• Avid Poster
THEIR God is OUR God - the God of Abraham.  As I understand it, the God is the same, but the message and messengers are radically different.  It's not as if they were in the building pouring golden calves to worship Baal or sticking pins in Voodoo dolls.  They aren't going to contaminate the interior of the building with the dreaded Muslim virus.  If the building truly does belong to the Christian God, and He is Omnipotent, then He will cast out the interlopers.
Thanks for the stump

The older I get, the better I was.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)

The last time I checked christians were not engaged in a world wide crusade to impose their beliefs on others by violence.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline DDZ

Ditto.

I guess that all depends on what your definition of a Christian is. It appears that in today's world its pretty easy, and simple to slap the Christian label on someone or some group, no matter what they are. 
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
If there is only one GOD then there is only one. He does have many names in many lands. Did you know the Muslims also believe in the triad-nature of GOD, just like Christians do? It is good that there is only one God that everyone can serve. It is lucky for us that only God can judge the true believer!

I'm afraid this is mostly wrong.  I don't know of any Christians that believe in the "triad-nature" of God.  There is one true God and his name is Jesus Christ.  The others are false gods.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline saltshaker

• Trade Count: (1)
2/20/2011

2 John 1  KJV

7.  For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
 8.  Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
 9.  Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the             Father and the Son.
10.  If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
11.  For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
2/20/2011

2 John 1  KJV

7.  For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
 8.  Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
 9.  Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the             Father and the Son.
10.  If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
11.  For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

That would be nearly everyone including almost all who claim to be Christians.

Offline MGMorden

• Trade Count: (3)

I'm afraid this is mostly wrong.  I don't know of any Christians that believe in the "triad-nature" of God.  There is one true God and his name is Jesus Christ.  The others are false gods.

As most well know I'm thoroughly non-religious, but I was raised Baptist and pretty much EVERYONE believed in the Holy Trinity.  God was God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost.  IE, God is triad in nature.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
Baptist and many others do believe that but it isn't Biblical.  It came from the council at Nicea in 325AD.

Offline powderman

The church is the people. The building is just that, a building. Nothing holy about a building. If the church there is not participating, that is good.

I don't agree with that at all. Our church building is dedicated to God, the real one, to allow the godless ones to pollute  it with their satanistic garbage would be as bad, or worse than allowing idol worshippers to erect their symbols in Gods house. Jerusalem is Gods Holy city, but it has been polluted with satans disciples and their abominable mosque, it aint gonna happen at my Church. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
The concept of the building itself being holy is pagan.  Here's a great book on why modern churches do the things they do.

http://www.amazon.com/Pagan-Christianity-Exploring-Church-Practices/dp/141431485X

Offline Lost Farmboy

The church is the people. The building is just that, a building.

I believe this to be true.  But, I still believe in separation of church and mosque.

Offline Hooker

Baptist and many others do believe that but it isn't Biblical.  It came from the council at Nicea in 325AD.

I believe if you will read the book of John chapter 1:1-14 , Genesis 1:2 and John 6:63 you will find it is very Biblical.
Not only is there a Holy Trinity but it has been that way from the beginning of God's time.

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline Hooker

Do Not Receive Him Into Your House
Have Nothing to Do With Him

Webster's New World College Dictionary:
"heretic ... a person who professes a heresy."

Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary:
"heresy ... an opinion or doctrine contrary to the truth."

Deuteronomy 13:1 If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,
2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;
3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
4 Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.
5 And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust thee out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put the evil away from the midst of thee.
6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;
7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;
8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:
9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.
10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.
11 And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is among you.
12 If thou shalt hear say in one of thy cities, which the LORD thy God hath given thee to dwell there, saying,
13 Certain men, the children of Belial, are gone out from among you, and have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which ye have not known;
14 Then shalt thou enquire, and make search, and ask diligently; and, behold, if it be truth, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought among you;
15 Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword.
16 And thou shalt gather all the spoil of it into the midst of the street thereof, and shalt burn with fire the city, and all the spoil thereof every whit, for the LORD thy God: and it shall be an heap for ever; it shall not be built again.
17 And there shall cleave nought of the cursed thing to thine hand: that the LORD may turn from the fierceness of his anger, and shew thee mercy, and have compassion upon thee, and multiply thee, as he hath sworn unto thy fathers;
18 When thou shalt hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep all his commandments which I command thee this day, to do that which is right in the eyes of the LORD thy God.

Proverbs 14:7 Go from the presence of a foolish man, when thou perceivest not in him the lips of knowledge.

Proverbs 19:27 Cease, my son, to hear the instruction that causeth to err from the words of knowledge.

Jeremiah 23:16 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, Hearken not unto [NKJV: Do not listen to] the words of the prophets that prophesy unto you: they make you vain [NKJV: worthless]: they speak a vision of their own heart, and not out of the mouth of the LORD.
17 They say still unto them that despise me, The LORD hath said, Ye shall have peace; and they say unto every one that walketh after the imagination of his own heart, No evil shall come upon you.

John 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

1 Timothy 1:3 As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine,
4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.
5 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:
6 From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling;
7 Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
6 If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.
7 But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.

1 Timothy 6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

2 Timothy 2:14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.
15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
17 And their word will eat as doth a canker [NKJV: spread like cancer]: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;
18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.
19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

2 Timothy 2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.
24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.
3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

Titus 1:10 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision:
11 Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.
12 One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies.
13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;
14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

Titus 3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject [NKJV: Reject a divisive man after the first and second admonition; NIV: Warn a divisive person once, and then warn him a second time. After that, have nothing to do with him.];
11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth [NKJV: such a person is warped and sinning], being condemned of himself.

2 John 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed [NKJV: do not receive him into your house nor greet him]:
11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
Nice but out of context.

Offline Hooker

Who's context?

I'm shaking off that dust from my feet.

Pat
-Mark Twain

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
I have no problem with muslims in the CHRISTian church. As long as they are there to here the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. Now as for them spewing that blasphemy from that child molesting murdering prophet mohammed, that is as sick as the devil worshippers holding a black mass there.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline powderman

BILLY. Amen brother. I see Christian church buildings as being Holy ground just like Gods Holy temple. POWDERMAN.  :o :o