Author Topic: Springfield XD-M 9mm  (Read 825 times)

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
Springfield XD-M 9mm
« on: February 19, 2011, 03:28:36 PM »
How good is this pistol?  Anyone tried or used one?

Offline leprecon21

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Springfield XD-M 9mm
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 09:00:34 AM »
I have an XDM-40 that i got about a 3 months after it came out.
I carry it every day and have not had any serious problems.
I trust my life to this pistol.
Im told by friends that the 9mm is just as good
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -- Robert Heinlein

Offline Hemlockusa

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 06:33:23 PM »
I bought the XDM-40 and have carried it for the last year, very happy with the weapon.  I purchased the 40 caliber because I like the caliber but  if you get the 40 you have the ability to get the 9mm barrel and magazines and also convert it to 9mm if you care too.   I now have the conversion barrel and magazines and shoot both calibers with the basic weapon.  It is a wonderful weapon no fumbling for a safety it's built into the gun with the handle and trigger.  Very accurate for me.

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 03:02:48 AM »
I wish I had known that.  I've bought the 9mm.  Will pick it up saturday.  I'm having them install a rear sight mounted laser.  Since my wife will use is also and it fits her hand better I got the 9mm.  She wanted the laser sight.  She is right handed but left eye dominant.  She likes a laser to point at what she is going to shoot so she doesn't have to aim.  It will be a bedside gun mostly.  I may get the 40 next year.  I already have a 1911 45, a 357, and a 44 mag.  With the exception of the 357 she can't handle the other two. 

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 09:46:33 AM »
Dude:  There is nothing wrong with the 9mm, don't sweat it.  You wife will benefit from having something she can control and maybe even enjoy shooting, which is a real plus.  The good thing about the 9 is the cost of surplus ammo - less costly than reloaded 40s, reliable enough to carry and easy enough to shoot so that range time becomes more and more successful.  And let's not forget that this is a 'bedside' gun mostly but one with multiple rounds and a multiple hit capability in a caliber that, when properly placed (however many times makes you feel comfortable) is immediately incapacitating.

Hmmm, this reminds me that with the snow melting away I have to get out and wring out one of my 9s - wring the Winter malaise out of it that is.............

Offline Sonic82

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 01:35:30 PM »
I just bought a two-tone 9mm XDM 3.8 Subcompact. I've only shot a few times but, so far I really like it. The short and long grip options are so nice with this model..very nice pistol.